Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

JDM window trim?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:15 AM
too LEGIT to quit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM window trim?

Hey everyone. I am picking up my new (to me) TSX this sunday... and was wondering if anyone on here has done the JDM window trim swap.

I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything. Just wondering if it is an easy replacement or what?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM window trim? (hypeR_ash)

I know a lot of guys are just painting the trim
Old 10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
too LEGIT to quit

Default Re: JDM window trim? (DIYKITS@BB4lude)

painting over the chrome? hmm with what?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 AM
That's SFW right?

How much is the Euro-R window trim going for?

And usually they just scuff up the chrome i would guess and then paint over it that way.

CONGRATS on picking up a TSX. I know you've been looking for one for a while now
Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO, not worth the trouble for many reasons.

First, it's really difficult, time consuming, etc. from what I've read. The stock trim is junk after it comes off...no way around that. Also, if you mess up a piece of the new black trim while installing, you're out $500 for the whole set PLUS you can't put your old trim back on...have to order a new piece. I've read it's very easy to mess the new stuff up, too...definitely not as easy as swapping trim on a Civic or something like that.

I personally think the stock chrome looks better anyway. It came on an entry-level luxury car to add class for a reason. Chrome trim just makes it look more upscale and less Civic-y, in my opinion. I had one of our graphic artists at work do a GOOD photchop of black trim on my car and it didn't look too good. I mean it looked good, but then consider you can't get black door handles without using blackout tape or some sort of film...which will wear off over and over. The result = mismatched/unbalanced.

Again, these are all just my opinions...I've mulled this over for some time and decided not to do it. Too much $, worse outcome.

Now, if you have a black TSX and want to go the murdered-out route, then mayyyybe that'd look good. My ABP just wasn't the color to do blackout window trim...atleast not for $500 bones. Hope this helps.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
too LEGIT to quit

Default Re: JDM window trim? (neocrynym)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neocrynym &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now, if you have a black TSX and want to go the murdered-out route, then mayyyybe that'd look good. My ABP just wasn't the color to do blackout window trim...atleast not for $500 bones. Hope this helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahha. exactly what i want. i am picking up a 2004 black on black 6spd with navi. i am going to do tint, im thinking diamond black TE's, and I would LOVE to have the black trim... but your points are having me second think it. Thanks for your input!

I would love to hear from someone who has actually done the swap.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
That's SFW right?

Check out TSXclub.com. That website has TONS of great info and many how-to's.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
I miss Andrea.

Yeah too bad that trim is there, but it sure sounds like too much trouble.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypeR_ash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahha. exactly what i want. i am picking up a 2004 black on black 6spd with navi. i am going to do tint, im thinking diamond black TE's, and I would LOVE to have the black trim... but your points are having me second think it. Thanks for your input!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No prob, and great choice! I have the same car, except blue. There was a dude at Import Alliance this year w/ an all-black TSX...one of the nicer ones I've seen. It can def. look hot if done right. Are you the one that had the clean white DC2 from a couple years ago? If so, I trust your taste in cars

B18C_EH3 mentioned tsxclub. Join acurazine, too. Lots of info there as well.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 AM
too LEGIT to quit

Default Re: JDM window trim? (neocrynym)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neocrynym &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No prob, and great choice! I have the same car, except blue. There was a dude at Import Alliance this year w/ an all-black TSX...one of the nicer ones I've seen. It can def. look hot if done right. Are you the one that had the clean white DC2 from a couple years ago? If so, I trust your taste in cars

B18C_EH3 mentioned tsxclub. Join acurazine, too. Lots of info there as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info! i was actually at IA last year and this year. this year with my 01 NHBP itr on time attack ce28s. i saw that tsx it was nice but i prefer black interior =] and yeah my previous car before the R was the white dc2, which got totalled by some idiot =[

ill def look into tsx club and acurazine, thanks everyone!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:27 AM
That's SFW right?

The blacked out trim would most definitely look the best with a NBP TSX
Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EH3)

People are using trim tape to black it out.Its cheap and makes the car look good but i like the chrome on my nhbp