Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

Intake and brake questions.....MY '04 6spd

Old 06-28-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake and brake questions.....MY '04 6spd

I was looking around yesterday on my '04 and noticed that there seems to be a bunch of plumbing (resonators etc..) that seems a bit obtrusive to the air flow so I removed all the intake plumbing that's inside the fender well and though the only down side i see to it is a tiny bit more noise, and i mean tiny, the upside seems to be that the throttle seems more responsive. Maybe because a more direct flow of air or it's just psychological. Anybody else remove any of this stuff while maintaining the stock air box? What are your opinions on this?

I noticed also that the drivers side fog light area is perfect to run ducting from. Have any of you guys ran a hose from this area and direct it to your intake or should i leave it for brake ducting?

My other intake question is, if you remove the air filter from it's stock location and run some piping and a coned filter from the fender well to the bottom of the stock empty airbox, would the stock air box act like a, for lack of better words, like a "Power Chamber"? meaning, would it work somewhat like the intakes you see that have a massive section in them before narrowing back down to a normal intake size? it seems almost along the lines of the comptech ice box but using stock parts and obviously untuned bends/angles etc...

The brake dilemma i am seeming to run into is which front system to pick. Fastbrakes has a couple "cheap" options. For around 700 i can get larger rotors using the stock calipers. Around 900 is a wilwood caliper using stock sized rotors or for around 1200 is a caliper and rotor kit. Obviously there's the more expensive TL upgrade (brembo's), rotora, another brembo set up, Spoon etc.. but i don't want to tie up that much money in the brakes. The car will be tracked occasionally just for fun and hpde's. that's it. it's also a daily driver.

Any opinions, suggestions are appreciated. thank you!!

Modified by LVCURVS at 6:41 AM 6/28/2007-added better descriptions

Modified by LVCURVS at 6:44 AM 6/28/2007