Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

2004-2005 TSX OEM FOG light DIY Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004-2005 TSX OEM FOG light DIY Installation

Hey hows it going honda-tech tsx members. I took the liberty to document as much as possible the installation of OEM fog lights. Hopefully this may lighten some of you or some of you may disagree... never the less , in my opinion, this may be the closest insstructions you can find unless you have the real Acura Fog light accessory installation insctructions from Acura themself.... anyway here we go.

SORRY For the BLOW Up pictures...

Before installation::

Before i continue here is pictures of the OEM Kit. ALSO THANKS TO "hEELTOEAUTO,COM for the OEM Fog lights "Best place for all TSX pArts"--KILAT " ok. now Mind that the "DDM tuning HID 3K kit is included in the installation process.

Step 1: Pop the hood and remove the "bitch clips" from the grill and the upper bumper.

Step 2: Remove the self tapping screws on both very ends of the bumper meeting the fender well.

Step 3: (If applicable) remove bitch clips and (4) 10mm bolts that will mount to the fenderwell cover and the undercar splash shield.

Step 4: Slowly remove front bumper from the vehicle and lay on a blanket or surface that will suit your installation and wont tip over.

Step 5: Pop off the fog light covers, its that easy.

Step 6: gather your hardware from your kit.

Step4: Install hardware like so.

Step 5rep the front bumper with Self tapping screws retainer clips. (A9) As below::::

Step 6: Install fog lights and install bolts (A8) in hardware figure, to the bottom of the fog light housing on the bumper, this should line up to the fog light assembly and retain the fog light assembly on the bottom of the fog housing on the bumper.

Then install (A2) to the side of the fog light to retain the assembly to the housing on the bumper.

Step 7: Route wire harness with the wire terminal pins routing to the drivers side. and under the Air filter intake box, and to the Main Underhood fuse box.

Step 8: Make sure you have a 20 amp(20A) fuse in the fuse 10 block of the underhood fuse box.:

NOW PAY ATTENTION!!!!
Personally i am a Certified Honda tech as well in Acura. but for the new people, disconnecting the car battery would be safer for you!!!

Step 9: LIGHTLY REMOVE THE (2) 10MM BOLTS THAT MOUNT DOWN THE FUSE BOX ASSEMBLY. Slighly release the clips that hold the bottom cover of the fuse box to the upper portion that exposes the fuses.

Here you will find the Connector harnesses that the terminal pins will be installed too.

Step 10:
Locate Connector "F" (should be the 2nd **GreY** connector towards the outside of the box. If you cannot determine which connector it is. Just compare the color coded wires to match the figure below.

(For instance locate Pin#2 on Connector "F" which is "Solid Green" and just look for a solid green wire throughout the other connectors and when found DOUBLE check another wire to confirm the right connector so Connector "F" Pin #4 is Red/Blk. )

Step 11:
Connector "F" Pin #13 is your target!!!! BLu/Org.

When found Remove the connector by lightly pressing on release tab and move wire harness out for easier access, DO NOT yank or stretch the wires or your in for trouble.

After accessing connector CAREFULLY pry out the locking tabs with a Pick or thin flat head screw driver**** DO NOT DAMAGE the locking tabs.***

Insert the Blu/Org wire into the Pin #13 of Connector "F".
This will be the "POWER" for the fog lights.

Make sure the terminal is locked in the connector ( give it a slight tug).
Re-install lock tab. You're done with this one!!!

Step 12:
Locate Connector "H"
(should be the next grey connector right next to Connector "F" going inwards)

Your target is Connector "H" Pin #4

Step 13: Perform repeated step in removing, unlocking tab from above instructions.
Insert wire Blue/Black and repeat re-installing locking tab and connector.

BLue/Black is the Control switch for the fog lights

MAKE SURE YOU ROUTE THE TERMINAL WIRES THROUGH THE LOWER FUSE BOX COVER TO AVOID WIRE DAMAGES!!!!!!

YOUR DONE!! with the wiring...

Re-install the lower fuse box cover to the upper fuse box cover. make sure tabs are locking together.

Now route your Relay right next to the Fuse box as shown:

Install (A1) of your hardware to the frame strut support bar on the strut tower, and (A3) bolts & (A7) nut to the relay to bracket, bracket to strut bar.

Step 14: Ground the other end of the fog light harness to the vehicle body. (RE-use an existing ground) I used the "common ground" over on the passenger side lower-mid bumper frame support. Remove 10mm bolt and re-install.

Step 15: connect fog lights and re-install all Remove parts to front bumper.

This concludes the wiring in the engine bay.

::Interior:: Fog light Combo switch.
Step 16: Remove upper and lower covers of the steering column.
(3 Philips screws).

Step 17: Carefully remove upper and lower covers from steering column with out damaging.

Step 18: Turn steering wheel to expose the (2) Philips screws that hold the headlight switch.

Step 19: Remove combo switch, as well disconnect wire harness from right side of steering column. MIND THE ROUTING OF THE Harness since it has a specific area to be mounted down!

Step 20: Install new combo switch and CORRECTLY route the harness install harness. Re-install the two screws that you removed in Step #18.

DANNNNGGGGG your done!!!!!!!!!!

Installation Duration:: 1 hour.

After Fog light installation:::::

Well hope this helps anyone. Thanks for your time and let me know if this helps ya! Hopefully can edit my video to provide a video How-To... anyway future installs and what nots may be provided by me in the future. THANKS

-KILAT
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2004-2005 TSX OEM FOG light DIY Installation

Thank you sir! Just got a TSX with the fogs installed all wrong. Wires everywhere and getting power straight from the battery. Big no no.
Will be following your directions and getting this done right!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2004-2005 TSX OEM FOG light DIY Installation

thanks!! Good luck! let me know if u have any further questions!

Last edited by Kilat29; 01-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.