Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

TL or 3 Series?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (YeuEmMaiMai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YeuEmMaiMai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah ok

my 6 year old acura = no rust

my friends 4 year old BMW already has rust around the drain holes on the trunk and doors not to mention intermittent trips to the dealer for various electrical issue that she has</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doesn't mean that all BMW's are going to rust within a few years. And don't for a second think you can say Honda's don't have rust problems lol

I guess the thing is, the average car buyer will look at this scenario differently than I would. To me, the Acura is boring, but then again, I look for different things in a car as compared to the "normal" person.

Also, I've worked on quite a few older BMW's and it's really no big deal. Haven't run into any bad maintenance problems, either. It's really how a person takes care of their car that makes the biggest difference there.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:59 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (slowata)

well it's your choice but reliability is a major factor when it comes to buying a car for most people and BMW just doesn't have what acura does in that area. BMW don't mean squat if it isn't reliable...........

RWD? oh OK.......i guess if that is all the car has going for it, I'll pass
Old 05-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (YeuEmMaiMai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YeuEmMaiMai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
RWD? oh OK.......i guess if that is all the car has going for it, I'll pass</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh man, but the fact that it is RWD makes a HUGE difference! If you haven't spent any appreciable amount of time in a sporty RWD you don't know what you're missing. Hell, my current Maxima beater is quite a bit faster than my Miata was, but I know damn well which one was more fun to drive!

But we're straying off topic more and more, sorry. OP, either car will be nice. BMW probably more fun to drive and a little more "balleur" IMO, but the downside is that you *might* not quite have quite as reliable of a car as the Acura. Acura would probably get a bit better gas mileage, too.

Both good choices, I know which I'd take, but I'm not the one making the purchase
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowata)

For a strict daily driver, the TL for sure. For track/weekend car, I probably wouldn't pick either. TL--too big and boaty for my taste. 3-series--one tiny mishap=$$$$ one mechanical issue=$$$$ or just the upkeep from racing=$$$$. Perhaps an IS300/250? G35? TSX?

Also, I think the 04+ TL looks tons better than the 3-series, too (Thanks, Bangle!! )

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowata &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh man, but the fact that it is RWD makes a HUGE difference! If you haven't spent any appreciable amount of time in a sporty RWD you don't know what you're missing. Hell, my current Maxima beater is quite a bit faster than my Miata was, but I know damn well which one was more fun to drive! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Meh, I had as much fun in my ITR as I had in my S2000.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would choose the TL, since they keep their value alot better than a BMW.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Trial User

i chose my 03 tl-s over a 03 3series because to me looked more luxury and agressive. also bmw are not known as very reliable cars. and yes i know the 2gen tl transmission problem but overally speaking. the tl-s will take the bmw no problem though. best thing is to test drive both and see what you like better.

rwd fun to drive but scary in heavy rain and snow.

fwd not as fun but much safer to drive in bad weather.

rwd fun but not the best