Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

3.2 CL type S

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 3.2 CL type S (Gumby99integ)

Anyway stepping aside from the waranty. I have a big decision i have to make.
1. Buy this car that i have been talking about for the last few days.
2. Take over my uncles lease on his Jeep till september and then drive my 91 Camry once again for the winter and then in that mean time try to find a car for me.

I really dont know what to do guys. I really like driving the 3.2Cl-s, and its confortable and i think would be so much better than driving the POS cars i have been driving for this last winter.

Help me out with a decision or persuade me in the right direction... or what would you do ?

Also i have a quick question bout guages.... i have some S7 gauges (air/fuel & volt) would it be better to keep them and install them in a car ... if i get the CL-S, or should i sell them and get a V-fac ? (is the Vfac even something i would want with the Cl-s ? (i have seen a few places where they can be hidden like in the sunglass place or near the visor) What should i do ?

Modified by Gumby99integ at 12:27 AM 5/25/2005
Old 05-25-2005, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From your posts it seems that getting the car would be the optimal thing...so whats the plus side of NOT buying it that's got you in this "decision" situation?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 3.2 CL type S (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From your posts it seems that getting the car would be the optimal thing...so whats the plus side of NOT buying it that's got you in this "decision" situation?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well there really isnt a plus side of not buying it.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alas...your question...has been answerd.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:41 AM

Now im wondering about this....

Also i have a quick question bout guages.... i have some S7 gauges (air/fuel & volt) would it be better to keep them and install them in the CL-S, or should i sell them and get a V-fac ? (is the Vfac even something i would want with the Cl-s ? (i have seen a few places where they can be hidden like in the sunglass place or near the visor) What should i do ?

Old 05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont mess with the VTEC controller...you dont want to put anymore stress than the engine already does on that transmission, that and you really wont get **** out of the motor stock by moving the VTEC engagement point down at all anyways...and you'll get worse gas mileage. When you get the car just drive it for a while and if anything, stick with bolt ons...

As far as gauges, i guess thats just a personal preference...i myself like my interior uncluttered and gauge free really except whats stock...gauges are cool i guess for little street racer cars like civics and integras and such...but this car has a little class that presets it, you drive around in it and people THINK you have good taste and some money (because alot of people dont realize these cars are under $20,000 now, they think their higher line like bimmer 330's), i mean nothing against you if you like that kind of thing, i myself just like it as it is.

Think of it this way...your about to buy a car that is of higher caliber than your old integra, and bottom line, its pretty damn quick stock (i have busted civics and integras with ease, and can run with my wife's S2000 on the highway because of the torque)...theres no reason to flaunt import "tuner" style, just bust some guys GS-R or run door to door with someones ITR and they'll get all into "Man! What have you got done to that thing!" Pop the hood, show them the big fat nothing...then walk them around to the back and point to the "Type-S" badge...then smile and leave knowing your stock luxury car just pounced on the little sport compacts. Its a nice feeling...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:34 AM

Thanks man. I plan to debadge the back besides the type S.... well i just might take off the acura....

But my big thing is i have this compitions sub system and i dont want to really change the stock cd unit but i would like to add some bass to this car. There must be a way to add this system to the stock one and have a switch on it so i can turn on the sub when playing Cd's and off when i dont want sub hitting hard.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your best bet for audio stuff is http://www.acura-cl.net And just browse around there, ive done the system thing in many of the cars i've owned and bass just isnt that important to me anymore, i was more concerned with getting my navigation setup spliced in with a dvd player to watch movies which i did last summer...other than that, i'm leaving it alone...(replaced the door speakers and tweeters because a friend of mine offered me money for the stock ones i had and i had the 6.5" componant set sitting in my garage from when i sold my 4-Runner...). Overall to me it sounds fine but more power to you...im sure theres some kind of modulator that can splice into the Bose unit...hell, theres probobly 100 threads about it over on AcuraZine.

Debadging it is cool i guess, i like the way mine looks with the badges so i left them on...when i saw my friends black one debadged it just looked naked back there so i left mine...i think the only cosmetic mods im going to do to the thing eventually (if ever) are do the black housing headlight DIY (done it to several cars but just havent got around to this one) and possible tint on the rear taillights...give them a smoked look since their the all red ones...ive seen this done on a white one and on a red one and it looked very stylish but still very subtle.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:54 PM

So i talked to my dad tonight b/c really he is the final word... he is willing to give me the rest of the money to pay for this car but he gave me the guilt trip and made me feel like **** and saying that there are plenty of other cars out there that you can get for under 10K like (civics, another camry, Hyandi, altama, ect...) shitty cars in my head. I really dont want my dad to be upset but i want to make the right choice for me. If i buy this car i will be broke when i get back when the summer is over. No job... very little income and maybe an apartment to live in that is going to cost me an arm and a leg. (but this is how i have lived my past life the last 4 years)

Or i could go my dads way and find a car on a lot in the next week and buy that, or i can use my uncles Jeep till september and then use my POS camry till next summer when again i have to make a decison to buy a car, but during that time i would have money in the bank that i can use for rent, food, ect... .

Pretty much either way i look at it i lose. Have my dad upset at me in a stupid way or have myself upset at me and driving a pos car for the next year. I NEED some ******* help b/c i have no idea what to DO !!!! ????
Old 05-26-2005, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you cant afford to own the car...dont buy it.
If you cant afford to live AND own the car...dont buy it.
If you're just worried about your dad being upset because your not banking lots of cash because your spending a good bit on your car payment...Dont worry about what your dad has to say and do what you want to...then buy it.

...i mean i dont know what your situation is, i would personally say get out on your own and get a job and stuff and then look at these caliber of cars, and just drive something that can get you back and forth until then. But i mean that aint my place to say, so in all honesty, if you'll be happy with the car, and you can afford your bills, insurance, car payment and be able to support yourself...go for it, you'll never get anywhere without taking chances, and atleast you'll have a damn nice car to drive around in the process.

Also...these cars arnt cheap on gas. I usually put about $40 weekly if im light on driving it and use it for trips back and forth to work, but if i drive it around, go out to Atlanta or go out cruising with my wife or something, i've gone through a tank and a half (and a few times 2 tanks...)...that can get costly. Gas is kinda high here, and if your heavy on the throttle and drive the car in VTEC all the time, you'll burn gas like a smoker burns cigarettes.

Good luck man...sometimes you just gotta step up to the plate and do what you want.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:08 PM

As much as i was rushed into this whole car and given my situation i have decided not to go with this car right now. Things are very rushed right now and im in the process of moving and going up north to camp (new job) and so im going to go to drive my Uncle's Jeep sport till september and then during the time either fine another car like this or close to it maybe a tsx or something. I dont know but i want to thank you Hypnosisracing for giving out great information every day i asked a question, its people like you who make me want to join sites like this and know that i can have my questions answered fast.

I will keep you guys in mind but i will be off for my summer job starting June 4th till aug 14th. I might be on here and there but i just dont know.

Thank you guys.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man...no problem, always happy to help someone with legitimate questions who also talks back and doesnt just go "Cool, thanks"...tahts probobly a good idea since you were saying that the car would kind of break you, and having no money is never a good idea, if i couldnt afford my car payments i wouldnt have either of the cars i have, there are things that are priorities and then there is leisure...this car is certainly not one that somebody HAS to have...its a car that someone would WANT to drive...its certainly not economical, but its fun and comfortable.

Anyways...when you get back into the market man, keep looking for a CL Type-S, by then the price could be even lower! The TSX is a different kind of car...and if you were in love with the CL-S i dont think you'll care much for its setup...given its underpower (in my opinion) 4cyl. platform and given its a 4-door, it just doesnt have the umph and nimbleness that the CL-S has, that and the CL-S feels a little more raw (as far as luxury sports cars go), and to me, it kinda leaves you with a feeling of performance, without sacrificing luxury. The TSX is a good car, dont get me wrong and its styling outside is awesome...but in the performance department, it doesnt stack up, its like a luxury RSX Type-S, with 2 extra doors and HID's.

Good luck to you bro.