Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

2011 Acura RL Dash Messages ISSUE

Old 08-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Acura RL Dash Messages ISSUE

Hey,

My car is a 2011 RL Advance CMBS/ACC. For the past few months the car has been giving me intermittent dash messages, sometimes when driving, others when turning the car on. I replaced the battery, and the message still come on. The Messages say "CHECK TRANSMISSION, CHECK CMBS, CHECK ACC, CHECK AFS, CHECK AIRBAG". The only come on sometimes, but it is very annoying. The car has been to the dealer, but they said they've never seen the problem. I am trying to get down the root cause.

This video is essentially the problem I am having.

The closest to a solution I am having is this. 2nd Gen RL TSB Information - AcuraZine Community

I got this TSB from the link above. Essentially this TSB is saying the Steering Angle sensor is the problem. But my issue is that I am not getting VSA messages. I am getting Transmission, Airbags, which may be part of VSA system; aswell as CMBS, AFS, and ACC messages(which are mentioned in TSB as ACC and CMBS are the same thing, I think). So the messages in the TSB aren't identical to the messages in the my car. But could this TSB be the fix. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance. Does anyone know of anyone who has had a similar issue. I am really hoping to fix this problem. I'm thinking to problem is due to either some electrical component or system intermittently going haywire, or a false sensor where all these systems are connected to. But I am not sure if all the messages in my car are connected to the Steering Angle Sensor?

Any help, please and thank you in advance!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 2011 Acura RL Dash Messages ISSUE

Hello Terry!
Did you find a fix to this? I am exerpiencing this in my car! HELP!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2011 Acura RL Dash Messages ISSUE

Originally Posted by Alyshamulliner
Hello Terry!
Did you find a fix to this? I am exerpiencing this in my car! HELP!
Hey Alysha, what year RL do you have. I got my car fixed. If your car is 2009-2012, and you are getting the same Dash messages and lights as I am this fix will work for you.

2nd Gen RL TSB Information - AcuraZine Community

Head over to this link, follow the instructions at the top to gain assess to RL TSBs. TSBs are Technical Service bulletins issued by Acura on known problems, and their fixes. Follow instructions at top by clicking LINK, then when the website opens in new tab click any entry -> then click any other entry and a PDF will open. Now you can access the TSBs. Head back to the original TSB Acurazine Page, find : TSB 09-025: (2009 RL) Steering Angle Sensor Causes False SAS, VSA, CMBS, or AFS Messages.

Open this TSB and print it out and bring it to the dealer. I have a 2011 RL, they did the fix which included replace the component called Steering Angle Sensor, and re initializing the system once the replace part was installed. Done. Its been over a month since I had the fix done at the dealer, never another message or light on the dash, ever.

What year RL do you have? If 09-12, this will work. And if the messages are the same, it'll work.

PS the fix to this problem is literally the images I posted originally, print em out and bring em to the dealer. The images I originally posted are literally the TSB you'll open.