Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Where are you guys mounting your Sirius HU?

Old 04-26-2005, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are you guys mounting your Sirius HU?

I want to get a Sirius system, but I want to decide where to put the HU before I take it to the store and have an installer slap it right on top of the dash. I was thinking about putting at the far right side of the lower din in the ep3. See if it couldnt be angled towards the driver.

I would appreciate any ideas or things you guys have tried and would love any pics, not to mention recommendations about where to take it for the install.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 04:40 AM

i have an XM roady. i used the swivel pedestal base and mounted it to the right of the shifter. my wife drives the car more than i do, currently, so i can't take a picture of it right now.

i don't know if this will work for you, iirc the sirius unit is a bit larger.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:41 AM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: (kung fu grip)

I think XM has better channels, IMO of course. Not to mention the display on my Delphi reciever is red-orange and all the lights/guages on my car are the same color. and I mounted my recieve with the double sided tape on the little flat area next to my AC controls under my radio. But I have an EM2.

install is easy. mine came with an FM modulator that doubles as the cig lighter power source, so you just plug that in, and run you antenna. you have a choice of a couple FM channels to see which one gets best reception, and then you just put your radio on that FM channel.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rewsnaeht)

XM...Bleh...Sirius owns...Howard Stern Eminem Radio and 118 other channels I get to play at home and at work

I'll post pictures up later but I just mounted mines right underneath the e-brake. I used to have it on the dash, but for some reason my reception tended to go out on me. It could be the area. Does anyone else have this problem with static???
Old 04-26-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: (JDMGSRCRX)

static comes from the fm modulator. satellite radio is digital, so you get the signal, or you don't. static could come from choosing an FM channel to close to a local station and their signal is breaking through.

as an aside, the roady offers different backlight colors: orange, red, purple, blue, amber, etc. and text contrast control.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback, but I dont really want to debate which one to get, Sirius has the NFL so that is what I am going with.

If anyone has any picks of how they mounted theirs I would love to see them.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 06:25 PM
EPIC TUNING

yea your gonna get some static with an FM modulator. your only solution for that is to get a aftermarket HU with XM built in.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:00 PM

I have Sirius and have mine on a pedestal next the the E-brake. BTW, my display is the same red as the guages and I have text control as well. Plus, I can change to about 15 different stations for the modulator.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (penguin)

anyone have a better way to mount a starmate in a 92-95 hatch? that suction cup is for the birds.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where are you guys mounting your Sirius HU? (giff74)

Mine is mounted under the car hahaha, well the box is...I have a clarion sirius ready unit.

But anyway, sirius is pretty good imo, you'll love it..I don't use cd's or fm radio anymore.

one question for those that use xm/sirius at work...how the hell do you? if I drive my car under a bridge or over pass...it goes out...wouldn't that be the same for the work place?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Where are you guys mounting your Sirius HU? (02SilverSiHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 02SilverSiHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mine is mounted under the car hahaha, well the box is...I have a clarion sirius ready unit.

But anyway, sirius is pretty good imo, you'll love it..I don't use cd's or fm radio anymore.

one question for those that use xm/sirius at work...how the hell do you? if I drive my car under a bridge or over pass...it goes out...wouldn't that be the same for the work place?</TD></TR></TABLE>

With a permanent head unit in the car what do you use for reception in other places? Do you have to have another whole "box" plus speakers?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:42 AM

Here is a pic of where mine is mounted:

I bought the mount kit at best buy (the suction cups suck). I screwed it into the inside of my center console (you can't see the holes if I remove it). I just need to get the hardwire kit.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where are you guys mounting your Sirius HU? (giff74)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by giff74 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With a permanent head unit in the car what do you use for reception in other places? Do you have to have another whole "box" plus speakers?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have a clarion head unit. Then I bough the sirius radio kit to hook up to it. It came with the antenna and small box.

The small box is under my seat. It has the antenna connected to it and then runs under the carpet to the head unit.

So when I want to listen to sirius...I just select it on the clarion like I would for playing a cd, or the radio