Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

What I find strange is...

Old 04-26-2002, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I find strange is...

Ok here we go...Follow me people

US gets 2 models of the RSX (integra in Japan) one is BASE 160 hp and one is TYPE-s 200 hp (options vary dont consider those)
In Japan they only have 2 models Base and the TYPE R, 170hp for the base and 220 for the R okay you guys following? anyways after watching the best motoring video on the 2002 TYPE R (RSX) I have come to the conclusion our TYPE R we so want in the states is already here called the TYPE-S. The REAL R wont come here unless japan decides to kill one of the models here in the states the TYPE-S or BASE. (most likely the TYPE-S)
Reason being, here goes, Around the world everyone gets a BAse model, So far only Japan got the REAL DEAL TYPE R right? well australia got there version of the Base and one other wich they call they TYPE R wich compared to US in the states is our equivilent to the TYPE-S.

OKAY heres what honda makes so far...

USA=BASE 160hp,and -S 200hp
AUS=BASE ???hp,and TYPE R 200hp
JAP =BASE 160-170hp and the TYPE R 220hp

so what are they telling us,you decide, Ohh and by the way the old integra TYPE R was a base model enhancment were as the RSX was devolped from the ground up as a TYPE R and later detuned to the Base model and type S, not the other way around as before.

WEll... my fingers are getting tired, I after today dont think we are getting the TYPE R we already get the -S thats it, finished no more. DONE YES it sucks but you can always pray.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What I find strange is... (TheRiddler)

Ohh and by the way the old integra TYPE R was a base model enhancment were as the RSX was devolped from the ground up as a TYPE R and later detuned to the Base model and type S, not the other way around as before.

Uhhhh, I think you better do some research before you start talking that crap, Im not going to call you an idiot, but I wouldnt mind if someone else did. The DC-2 ITR is a totaly different car than the RS, LS, and GSR. Changes where made right down to the steel stampings used on the ITR.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This topic is getting VERY old! Just let the myths die! If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Enough said!
Old 04-29-2002, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What I find strange is... (JSITR)

Actually he is right. When honda decided to build the type R they took the regular integra and decided to tweak out the handling, body ridgity and performance. So when he said they took the base integra and tweaked it out he is correct. Honda first introdced the type R in 1996 after tweaking a base model. So after years of R&D on the integra they created a perfect machine, from the dc2 to the dc5. Both of these cars are fast, and handle great. When he said that honda built the RSX to be the type R he is also correct. If you want proof watch the best motoring video vol.2 and it will shed some more light on that. Honda built the RSX to be the type R from the get go, then later de-tuned it to be the type S and and the base model. But regardless the dc2 and the dc5 are excelent cars. So no matter what car u have the dc2/dc5 its still a honda and we are all going to love it.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:43 PM

LEV laws are gettin real big over here too,..thats one major factor that I heard the reason why the R wouldn't come.+ no side airbags(but that could easily be fixed).The CIVIC R has the S motor,..so that car could come over but Acura is always supposed to own the Fastest car.If the CIvic-R comes then The DC5r has to come.BUt everything is still up in the air.
I can honestly say that If the R does come,.I will be disapointed,..because I had to get the S becasue my old DC2 was on it's last leg.(LONG STORY).But,..if the R was here I would have bought it,..and Acura will get a peice of my *** if it comes,..I will trade my car in on one.I'm sure that the R coming here will probably **** alot of TYPE-s owners off because they would have probably done the same.!!!But will more than likely wait for the supercharger to come out,..and be all good!!!!

-------Bottom LINE-------
I lOVE WHITE CARS,...and I didn't like the Creamy look of the Prem Pearl white w/ trhe TAN INterior. I wanted Blk interior.(no offence)Final Zero's.I like Real bright whites and although CHAMP white is almost the same color,.I love white cars w/ white wheels w/ blk/red interior(looks wise).ANd as far as the Performance,..I'd like THe LSD,cams,etc... and 84-or8500 redline,even though I've hit about 82-or-8300 in mine!!!!

I DON"T think the R will grace our Shores IMO
Old 04-29-2002, 02:44 PM

Ok here we go...Follow me people

US gets 2 models of the RSX (integra in Japan) one is BASE 160 hp and one is TYPE-s 200 hp (options vary dont consider those)
In Japan they only have 2 models Base and the TYPE R, 170hp for the base and 220 for the R okay you guys following? anyways after watching the best motoring video on the 2002 TYPE R (RSX) I have come to the conclusion our TYPE R we so want in the states is already here called the TYPE-S. The REAL R wont come here unless japan decides to kill one of the models here in the states the TYPE-S or BASE. (most likely the TYPE-S)
Reason being, here goes, Around the world everyone gets a BAse model, So far only Japan got the REAL DEAL TYPE R right? well australia got there version of the Base and one other wich they call they TYPE R wich compared to US in the states is our equivilent to the TYPE-S.

OKAY heres what honda makes so far...

USA=BASE 160hp,and -S 200hp
AUS=BASE ???hp,and TYPE R 200hp
JAP =BASE 160-170hp and the TYPE R 220hp

so what are they telling us,you decide, Ohh and by the way the old integra TYPE R was a base model enhancment were as the RSX was devolped from the ground up as a TYPE R and later detuned to the Base model and type S, not the other way around as before.

WEll... my fingers are getting tired, I after today dont think we are getting the TYPE R we already get the -S thats it, finished no more. DONE YES it sucks but you can always pray.

...and your point is...
Old 05-02-2002, 11:51 AM

Default Re: What I find strange is... (Sima)

point is I am a honda fan and there are many people that would like to know more about whats going on. Stop the hate Shut up and learn

you dirty goat fawker
Old 05-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What I find strange is... (MR.K20)

The No Side-airbag shouldn't be very hard to fix. Subaru has already shown that they can fit side-airbag equipped seats (WRX) into the same space as a normal sport bucket (2.5RS) and well... if you've ever sat in one, nobody can argue with the fact that the WRX seats are pretty darn nice. It can be done, and likely without too much difficulty from an engineering standpoint.

Heck maybe Honda will have to add a cat or two to the Type R... they seem to be pretty smart, and I'm sure they will find a way to keep the car punching out good power AND pass emissions.