Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

RSX vs. Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (03RSXTypeS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in 30K range there is some better cars in that price range that look better...and give u a better value for your money. i.e. G35 coupe: 32K for the 6 speed option, STI 32K? 350Z 29K, and if going fast is all u care about SVT Cobra(can be had for 28K at end of year), SRT4 Neon.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The thread starter specificly listed ONLY the RSX and EVO, period. And plus, for 30k you're paying for the performance aspect of the EVO, not interior comfort. I say for 30k, you're getting one hell of a car wit the Evo. I'm a big fan of rear wheel drive also, but since the thread started didn't say anything about him thinking about other options, we'll just stick with the RSX and Evo.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 03RSXTypeS
I'd take an Evo...but I woudln't spend my money on buying one new. EVO interior sucks ***...look at this shoddy interior...
OK,so ill admit the the Evos interior looks chap,but since when does a all around performance sports car has to be leather wraped everything with wood trim to be considered a sports car?And u just changed the subject by bringing up the interior,if u whant to talk about the interior of cars then make a new interior post.

2nd there is the mitsu relialibility...dunno about you but my RSX has only been to the dealer once...I dunno about EVOs...but mitsubishi had a shitload of problems wtih eclipses, and 3000GT VR4.
The Evos powerplant has proven its toughness troughout the entire world and is arguably the most reliable one out there with interior fortitude along with the SR20.The reason why the 2nd gen Eclipse has so many issues was bacause Mityshbishi inserted some lightweight cheap parts to make it lighter,i asure u that this is not the same case with the Evo.

3rd insurance is a bitch on the evo.
The Evo is NOT marketed for 19 year old kids that work at the local supermarket and are in college,this is what the regular Lancer is for.If u r over 25 inssurance is not that expensive and chances are that u have a good job or u r a lucky bastard like me and your job pays for your insurence.

4th. resale value...8K for a 5 year old evo..is the projected value on Nada, blue book, black book
Im asuming this is in Japan,where you can get a 96 or 97 Type R for $7,500.Can u get a USDM Type R for close to this amount?And lets not forget that the CRX,AE86,late 80s M3 and Gallant VR4 are alot more expensive then the blue book price.I predict that in 5 years the 03 Evo will cost around 16k-17k.

5th STI is just 2K more has better resale value, more power out the box, and more potential...once aftermarket kicks in it'lll be a better tuner car as well. + the interior of STI is much better as well.
Aftermarket for the STi will start very slowly since not enouth of theese cars will be sold to support a good one.Also I have read in many magazines that have compared theese to cars pick the Evo,which is more of a all around sports car then the STi,which cant turn as good.And lets not forget the frgile cluch Subaru put in the regular WRX.

Its all about ur preferences..if u prefer a boxy looking car, that looks almost ht esame exterior/interior wise to a base 12K grocery getter then more power to you..but for me I won't pay 30 grand for a car that looks exactly like a civic...would you? and in 30K range there is some better cars in that price range that look better...and give u a better value for your money. i.e. G35 coupe: 32K for the 6 speed option, STI 32K? 350Z 29K, and if going fast is all u care about SVT Cobra(can be had for 28K at end of year), SRT4 Neon.
The G35 is a luxury coup so i dont know why u r comparing it with the Evo,the STi costs $3,500 more,the Neon also has cheap interior and i dont know why the hell you are bringing in a Mustang into a all around performance car post.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (INTEGRA TYPE S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by INTEGRA TYPE S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i would too but i bet the insurance would be killer on me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For all you people saying "the insurance is so high" the insurance on my 2002 BASE RSX is higher than on my 2003 Evo.

You guys are going so hard over two completely different cars.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:24 PM

Default Re: (WR03Evo)

THEY ARE DIFFERENT CARS..... stop comparing them....
one cost 23k the other cost 30k why dont you guys compare cars with similar features, power, and cost........ not a 4 cylinder n/a car to a turbo... or even an awd to a fwd......
Old 12-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (electric_)

I have drove both. I would say the EVO has a lot more on its side. The EVO much more fun to drive. But the EVO also costs almost 10k more. Its really bad to compare the two. Maybe S2K vs. EVO. It would be interesting to see a RSX with 10k put into it....
Old 12-04-2003, 04:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electric_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THEY ARE DIFFERENT CARS..... stop comparing them....
one cost 23k the other cost 30k why dont you guys compare cars with similar features, power, and cost........ not a 4 cylinder n/a car to a turbo... or even an awd to a fwd...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

No one ever said they were the same! You need to calm your a$s down. The thread starter just asked which one would people get and why.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (OutKast34)

i would take the evo
Old 12-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've driven both, the evo is sick... lots of goooo
but a worked rsx is very fun to drive 2...
love my ep3, but i would take an evo any day

Old 12-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WR03Evo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For all you people saying "the insurance is so high" the insurance on my 2002 BASE RSX is higher than on my 2003 Evo.

You guys are going so hard over two completely different cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im turning 22 in a few days... so im sure it would be killer on me. they categorized my rsx type s as "high performance" so for sure the EVO would be in that category also. the car is also about 6-10k more than the rsx. all im saying is that i would get killed by insurance
Old 12-04-2003, 05:45 PM

Default Re: (sjracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sjracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No one ever said they were the same! You need to calm your a$s down. The thread starter just asked which one would people get and why.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im talking to the people bringing in all these other othe cars and ****.... and i didnt say they were the same either...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electric_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im talking to the people bringing in all these other othe cars and ****.... and i didnt say they were the same either...</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, you never said they were the same car, but you implied that we said it was the same car by your statement...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electric_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THEY ARE DIFFERENT CARS..... stop comparing them....
one cost 23k the other cost 30k why dont you guys compare cars with similar features, power, and cost........ not a 4 cylinder n/a car to a turbo... or even an awd to a fwd...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with you though; people shouldn't be bringing in other cars when the thread started specificly said only the EVO and RSX.

Edit: But wait. Why would you care if other people brought in other cars when you specificly said people should not be comparing the EVO and RSX in the first place? You're just contradicting yourself.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know where you guys are getting your numbers from. Saying that the evo costs 10k more than the rsx-s is totally wrong. I got my evo for 28,400 plus tax and fees. Tell me where you can find a brand new rsx-s for 18,400. I would say its more like 5k more.

So put 5k into mods on a brand new rsx-s and you have a brand new rsx-s with a voided warranty. Some of you might not care about the warranty. But trust me, once you start modding, things start to break or act funny.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: (StinkyTofu)

I got my 03 rsx type s for $19,000 so its resonable to get it for $18,500. To the person who mentioned insurance being lower on the RSX I find it hard to believe. I went from owning my 95 integra ls which was less than a $100 for full coverage to the RSX type s which is $318 a month. I have no tickets, no accidents, driving school, and good grades. Insurance is a bitch on the rsx. I love the car to death and for the price your not going to find a more reliable car, with good gas mileage and a high resale value.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (integraautox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integraautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got my 03 rsx type s for $19,000</TD></TR></TABLE>

You stole that from the dealer
Old 12-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UnCaNnYChInO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UnCaNnYChInO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aftermarket for the STi will start very slowly since not enouth of theese cars will be sold to support a good one.Also I have read in many magazines that have compared theese to cars pick the Evo,which is more of a all around sports car then the STi,which cant turn as good.And lets not forget the frgile cluch Subaru put in the regular WRX.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Have you driven an STi yourself?
Any company/person that has will know to make parts for it. It'd be a goldmine. I used to be a big supporter of Evo when comparing it to an STi, but after driving one I can tell it has more potential. First off, Mitsu's are known for having crappy trannies. I know people with Eclipses (yes i will use those since they're similar enough) who have had to rebuild/replace their trannies multiple times. 2nd, the STi only costs about 3k more than the Evo (STI = 31,500) and for that price you get a MUCH nicer interior, the DCCD (driver controlled center differential), more power/tq, and less worries about your tranny And about not turning well... the STi turns pretty damn well if you ask me, and when adjusting the differential you can notice the change.

NOTE: I didn't address the original question concerning the RSX because as others have stated it is not in the same class as the Evo/STi. don't try to compare FWD 200hp n/a to an AWD Turbo 271hp/300hp car.
And as StinkyTofu said, the Evo does not cost 10k more than the RSX-S.
EDIT: except in integraautox's case. that's amazing nice pickup man
Old 12-04-2003, 08:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sjracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, you never said they were the same car, but you implied that we said it was the same car by your statement...

I agree with you though; people shouldn't be bringing in other cars when the thread started specificly said only the EVO and RSX.

Edit: But wait. Why would you care if other people brought in other cars when you specificly said people should not be comparing the EVO and RSX in the first place? You're just contradicting yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol nevermind
Old 12-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by INTEGRA TYPE S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im turning 22 in a few days... so im sure it would be killer on me. they categorized my rsx type s as "high performance" so for sure the EVO would be in that category also. the car is also about 6-10k more than the rsx. all im saying is that i would get killed by insurance</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your 22? Im 20. I have full coverage through Progressive(ly higher rates).

Some reading for the interested:

Modified by WR03Evo at 1:03 AM 12/5/2003
Old 12-05-2003, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea...It's probably closer to 5k more.
The only problem I see with the EVO is the <U>Mitsubishi</U> part. Only time will tell.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WR03Evo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your 22? Im 20. I have full coverage through Progressive(ly higher rates).

Modified by WR03Evo at 1:03 AM 12/5/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe its just california... or are the cars under your parents name or something?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SMZ GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SMZ GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Have you driven an STi yourself?
Any company/person that has will know to make parts for it. It'd be a goldmine. I used to be a big supporter of Evo when comparing it to an STi, but after driving one I can tell it has more potential. First off, Mitsu's are known for having crappy trannies. I know people with Eclipses (yes i will use those since they're similar enough) who have had to rebuild/replace their trannies multiple times. 2nd, the STi only costs about 3k more than the Evo (STI = 31,500) and for that price you get a MUCH nicer interior, the DCCD (driver controlled center differential), more power/tq, and less worries about your tranny And about not turning well... the STi turns pretty damn well if you ask me, and when adjusting the differential you can notice the change.

NOTE: I didn't address the original question concerning the RSX because as others have stated it is not in the same class as the Evo/STi. don't try to compare FWD 200hp n/a to an AWD Turbo 271hp/300hp car.
And as StinkyTofu said, the Evo does not cost 10k more than the RSX-S.
EDIT: except in integraautox's case. that's amazing nice pickup man </TD></TR></TABLE>

The only thing the Evo and an Eclipse share......is the 4G63 engine.

They do not share the same transmission. Remember this is the same Lancer Evolution that has been put thru rigorous Rally Races. If an Eclipse tranny couldnt hold its own on the street, do you really think Mitsu would be using them in their Rally based cars. Thats just common sense .

Old 12-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe its just california... or are the cars under your parents name or something?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It might be CA....the insurance is in mine and my fiance's name. I haven't been around my parents since I was 17.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only thing the Evo and an Eclipse share......is the 4G63 engine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are right about that my friend, even then its just the block...Evo gets forged internals among other things
Old 12-05-2003, 11:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So how bout u drop ur trying to prove to me that MY preferences are wrong and I should like same type of cars as you...oh let me install some altezzas lloud *** muffler, and a GTR wing...and then I can be cool like you. There is more to life than speed. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Once again u speak without any knoledge.How do u know that thats how my car looks like?If u dont like my car,which is a 01 3.2 CL Type S,i dont give a ****.As a matter of fact,my car is very close to your taste with leather wraped everything,wood,power seats and auto dimmer.BTW, my point is correct,a car doesnt need to have a luxurious interior to be considered a all around sports car.I bet many RSX owners wouldnt have wanted the standard leather seats,steering wheel and shift *** because they dont like it or they want to put a seat,stearing wheel and shift *** of there prefrence.Opting out of the leather option also saves money.But Acura wants to shove it down there throat.Anyways,i understand your point and by now u should understand mine so i dont think ourdiscusion should be caried on forward.Just dont insult legendary race cars because there not leather wrapt everything,which is your taste,to make the car more afordable.And please dont try to say that the Evo,one of the most reconisible cars in the entire world for its rally heritage is not legendary.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StinkyTofu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StinkyTofu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But trust me, once you start modding, things start to break or act funny. </TD></TR></TABLE>

werd!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:15 AM

This has nothing to do with the original topic but if I had temoney to blow on a new car I would get a Subaru WRX STI......
Old 12-06-2003, 03:22 PM

My choise is the EVO, 0-60 4.9 seconds and handles better than the RSX in the rain or snow or pretty much anywhere... Both of these cars are totally different class and etc.. to comparing the two is sort of pointless... If you want to compare, compare the EP3 vs. RSX or WRX Sti vs. EVO..

Quick Reply: RSX vs. Evo