Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

RSX Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX Not Starting

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy this 2003 Acura RSX Type S as my next project car. Problem is, when I went to look at it, it doesn't start. It'll turn over, and I can hear the fuel pump start, but it doesn't start.

Any ideas on what it could be? Has anyone else had this same problem? I wish I could offer more information, but I was only able to look at it for a few minutes before the guy showing it to me had to leave. I just don't want to buy this car and find out it's a common problem that's expensive to fix (obviously haha)

Here is the exact text from the ad that he posted online:
"CAR DOESN'T START. It had been sitting for a couple weeks and I went to start it and got nothing. It will turn over but I'm not sure if it isn't sparking or what. We don't have the funds to get it to a mechanic and pay their prices so I've knocked a bit off the price for you to get it together.

Mechanics are in good/fair condition - like I said, it doesn't start. It turns over and sounds like it is almost there but doesn't quite get going. The battery is about a year old and the tires are less than a year with most of the tread remaining. Power steering reservoir has a small leak; I never got around the fixing it, just topped it over once a month or so. Transmission shifts well. When it does run it has plenty of power and is good for free way driving. You can take it up Parley's without worrying about getting ran over by all the trucks and SUVs."

If anyone has any feedback on the problem or the purchase (he wants $6000 for it) your suggestions/comments are more than appreciated.

thanks!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 AM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RSX Not Starting

$6k for a 2003 that doesn't start.... walk away! lol

Without being there anything could cause that... unplugged sensor, bad sensor, bad spark plugs, no spark, list goes on and on. . . just a guessing game over the internet.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RSX Not Starting

That's what I was afraid of. Well thanks for your help anyway! It was worth a shot I figured.