Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Progress sway bar advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progress sway bar advice needed.

Hey guys. I am thinking of ordering a progress rear sway bar. Currently I have a-spec suspension, and want to stiffen up the rear a hair more so I can get the back end out if need be. This is for mostly city driving in a very spirited manner. Which would be the better bar: 22mm or 24mm? Is the 24mm overkill for street? What are your thoughts, experiences?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Function > Form

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Progress sway bar advice needed.

I think it would depend on what you liked to be honest. We all have different driving styles and preferences. What works for one, may not work for the other...
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Well let me rephrase this then. Do you have a progress rear sway? If so is it a 22mm or 24mm? What is your driving style? Do you autoX, street race, etc....

Oh, and how do you like the progress rear sway? Have you had other sway bars? What is the rest of your suspension setup?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Function > Form

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL... I don't know why but I hella just laughed out loud haha. I am actually in between suspension set ups right now, but I will be on Koni/GC's with 450/1000lb springrates. I plan to track my car and do light auto-x. I also daily drive my car. From what I have heard, most people tend to go with the 22mm bar. I currently have a Type-R rear sway which I think would be comparable to the 22mm Progress bar, maybe slightly softer? My driving style could prolly use a little more sway in the rear but then again I don't have my 1000lb rear springs on yet. I am currently at 600lb rear and the Type-R rear works great for me.

I don't know if that answers your question but I IMO I think the 22mm bar would suffice for the A-Spec suspension that you have.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the Progress setup and I love it. I would recommend it any day. If you can afford to get some I would spend the money to get really nice endlinks. I have the CorSport endlinks and they are a little bit noisy but they do have a warranty!

I daily drive my EP3 with the setup but I also do some Autocross and lots of spirited back road driving and it is a sick setup with a definite noticeable difference!

Well worth the money in my opinion. Not to mention it looks sick when people are behind you too. :D (Cause that is what really matters)
Old 02-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got the 22mm rear bar (and the stock front) and didn't notice a whole lot of difference, other than the rear of the car becoming a bit more twitchy in high speed transitions. I've got the HFP spring rates (far softer than 1000lbs rear springs), so "snap oversteer" may not be your result.

As for Corsport endlinks, they're noisy crap. I tried all manner of adjusting these stupid things and couldn't get them to not make noise. I even weighted the driver's area to my body weight and adjusted them. The problem lies in the fact that there's at least 1mm of play in the ball joint so they "pop" every time they're loaded/unloaded.

I strongly recommend grease-able ones like the Hotchkis ones:
http://www.hotchkis.net/rear_end_links_rsxsti.html
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would it be possible to use the progress sway bar with the asr brace on an ef?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:27 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dumpedED6
would it be possible to use the progress sway bar with the asr brace on an ef?
Why don't you try asking in the ef forum
Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Trial User

I would recommend it any day. If you can give to get some I would pass the money to get real good endlinks. I score the CorSport endlinks and they are a soft bit spluttering but they do tally a warranty!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to go offtopic with this thread but I'll be running the A-spec suspenion on my EP3 with progress rear sway, and a few other toys. My big question is does anyone make camber plates for the EP3 vs the crappy camber bolt kits etc for the EP3? Links anyone?

Thanks!