Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

personal opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default personal opinion.

so for the last 5 months i have been trying to find a 2002 white ep3 with >95k miles for a reasonable price.
i have had 0 luck whatsoever. been to see so many with problems.... that the seller didn't tell me about until i got there to see it.
is it worth flying to another state getting the car and driving it back...
just kinda tired of waiting for the right car at the right price.
Positive side. cars outside of California are cheaper.
negative side. cant drive the car until i get there, cant get a real look until im there. possible problems not mentioned.
what do you guys think ?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: personal opinion.

hmmm. i'm just gonna give you my 2 cents on this.

i don't think you should do it. there could be a lot of problems with the car to the point where it won't make it to cali. i'm talking if the owner took good care of it. changed the oil, rotated the tires, tires have good tread, brakes are in working order and stuff like that. its too much to deal with and too much money to spend (i.e. paying for a ticket and paying for gas to get back) to look at the car and say, "yeah imma just go home". yeah you can look at the pictures but pictures can be deceiving. i'm not gonna lie. my ep was a piece of junk when i first bought her. pictures on the internet looked good haha. then when i arrived there was a hole in the front bumper, the back bumper was scratched up and discolored, couple of dents, driver window was messed up, alignment was off (then wore the tires out quicker) and all this other stuff. luckily i was fortunate enough to have a friend that drives an ep also and he had his stock bumper to lend to me (still gotta pay him but bills are ridulous and 100 can go a long way. so nick, if you're reading this, i got you. count on that). i was just too excited to buy one i wasn't patient enough or smart enough to do more research. all i paid attention to was the price and the low miles. don't make the same mistake i did especially your situation involves going into another state. just continue to do more research and save up a little more money than you expected to spend. you'll get what you pay for like everyone says. and its very true if you haven't realized it yet. oh and if you're not already knowledgeable in cars, you might wanna bring someone who is. i've come to find that they have a sixth sense about cars that are bad so trust them.

sorry for the novel but you wanted an opinion. but yeah man, good luck with you and hope you find what you're looking for. keep us updated.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Next car I buy I'm flyin out driving home just make sure communication is good and upfront person
Old 03-28-2010, 04:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

paypal someone like $20 to go check it out, a trust worthy friend or anyone willing to take the time to take in all the small details and get the rundown and detailed photos.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't buy a car unless I got to check it out in person and test drive it first. If it takes flying out of state, it better be worth it.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know people that have driven or flown across the country to pick up a clean car.

Call the owner and talk to them about the car very in depth. Have them send you really HIGH quality pictures from EVERY angle inside and out.

If they can send you videos of it running, revving, driving that is a bonus too. Usually you will know from all of this if it is worth a plane ticket to check it out.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly bro it is hard find a perfect ep3 car anymore cause 1) no more brand news 2) its rare to find a white one with the miles that you want,

well when i bought my car it took me almost a year and the one that i found has a dent on the side, and not the color i want, has 93k miles and i paid 7 gran and up to now i havent experience any problems at all it feels brand new but im saving up just in case something comes up