Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

P2647: Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch - Diagnostic and Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2647: Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch - Diagnostic and Installation Help

Hey all,

I am new to this forum and am seeking some online help and advice on how to tackle this CEL error code on my 2004 automatic RSX. It's been bugging me for a couple years now. I am not too knowledgeable with fixing cars so everything to me is new.

My autoshop guys have always simply just cleared my CEL codes whenever I took the car in for regular maintenance but the CEL would come back on. I recently purchased my own OBDII reader to see what is actually bothering my car. The car drives fine, no issues at all even when CEL comes on except it does go into safe mode so I can't rev past 4k rpm.

My OBDII (Blue Driver) told me it was the rocker arm oil pressure switch. I looked online and also inside the service manual for my car and it seems to be related to the VTEC solenoid gasket - could either be corroded contacts, dirty filter inside the gasket or faulty oil pressure switch. I am thinking of cleaning the filter with brake cleaner, replacing the O-rings and if it still does not work, replacing the oil pressure switch.

I do have some questions so if anyone can help me out, that'd be awesome.

1. What is the easiest way to access this area to remove the gasket? Do I need to jack the car up or can I just do it from above the engine?

2. The oil pressure switch, does it have any delicate sensors I should worry about?

3. Does anyone know the parts # for these parts or where I can look?

Thank you all in advance for spending the time to check out my thread.

- Steven