Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Manual to Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual to Automatic

Hello,

My wife's base RSX had major rust problems, to the point that the strut towers in the back rusted through. So I thought it would be a good idea to buy a empty shell and swap the motor out of my wife's car into the shell. I foolishly bought a type-S shell and just ran across a major problem. I had just lowered the motor in, when I realized that the transmission mount point on the drivers side is different between the base and type-s. I know they make mounts for swapping autos to manuals, but does anyone make a mount to do vise versa. Since the automatic transmission is longer, it is right against the frame member and blocking the bolt holes for the manual trans mount.

So right here are my options as I see them and if anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

1. Buy a manual transmission and go through all that hell.
2. Cut and weld on the frame so that I can bolt on the automatic transmission mount.
3. Source a fabricated mount for this situation. Haven't been able to find one premade anywhere.

I can include pictures later to help explain what is going on exactly.