Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/)
-   -   No air, hot or cold not blowing at all (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/no-air-hot-cold-not-blowing-all-2664059/)

tkd93 10-15-2009 01:47 AM

No air, hot or cold not blowing at all

I hope this is a small problem and I think it is, but I guess we'll see. First, I am shocked that I am having this problem bc I never encountered this before with any of my past Honda's or any vehicle at all. Simply no air will come out of the vents no matter what setting you have it on. It could set on recycle through the interior or just air from outside setting. Nothing....I hope it is just a fuse or something similar to that. Could it be something electrical, something with the computer, or some wiring. I have had no issues so far with my 03 RSX type S, nothing like this anyway. If it is not the possible problems mentioned above, what could it be please. The car is bone stock, and the car is my baby. Please help

EPTech 10-15-2009 08:34 AM

Re: No air, hot or cold not blowing at all

my buddys integra did that and we found out that the fan had been jammed up with a rats nest and was keeping it from turning. but since yours isnt that old i wouldnt think that could be it

WhiteOnRice 10-15-2009 08:41 AM

Sounds like a fan failure. It's likely not wiring or the ecu.

soon2bdropped 10-18-2009 01:18 PM

take it to a shop to many possibilities

tkd93 10-19-2009 10:35 AM

already planned on taking to a shop, but thanks. Isn't it more than likely the blower/resistor? When I was able to get a hold of my friend who works as a Honda Mech., he said it is that, but of course without looking at it you can only get so close. Any responses or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Im gettin ready to call Acura right now

jdm_94 10-19-2009 03:42 PM

i almost sure that is it!!! Good luck!!!

4 79330-S6M-941 TRANSISTOR, POWER 1 2003 RSX 50.33 37.75

90civSi 10-20-2009 06:45 PM

i agree with jdm 94 its probably the blower motor resistor. its also not a bad idea if you havent changed your hepa filter (number 8 in the picture) that also help so the fan can move air easier. also if you replace those filters peak inside to see if there is any leaves or things of that nature in there.

myEP3tx 11-11-2009 07:15 AM

yeah its the power transistor, just replaced mine.. $50 part, drop your glovebox and ECU and its a pretty easy install

1grex 11-11-2009 07:29 AM

transisitor

PiNoY Ep3 SI 11-11-2009 08:09 PM

I had the same problem with my ep acura actually stocks them and the part number for an ep and rsx are different but it is the exact same part also the acura part is 20 bucks cheaper

PiNoY Ep3 SI 11-11-2009 08:16 PM

Well i just finished doing the diagnosis on my ac system. I had 12 blinks and when thru the trouble shoot in the service manuel. What i found is the blower motor was burned out. For those who need to know how to do the self diagnosis here is the procedure.

The heater control panel has a self-diagnosis function. To run the self diagnosis function, do the following:

1. Turn the fan switch OFF

2. Press and hold the recirculation control switch and the rear window defogger switch down.

3. Turn the ignition switch oN ll

4. Release both switches. The recirculation indicator and the rear window defogger indicator come on. The recirculation indicator goes off 3 seconds later and the Ay'C indicator comes on. then the self-diagnosis will begin. About 10 seconds later, the self-diagnosis will finish and the A,/C indicator goes off.

If any trouble is found. the recirculation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to indicate a faulty circuit or component.

If the system is OK, the recirculation indicator stays off.
Here are what the fault codes mean.

7 An open in the air mix control motor circuit

8 A short ln the air mix control motor circuit

9 A problem in the air mix control linkaqe, door, or motor

10 An open or shon in the mode control motor circuit

11 A problem in the mode control linkage, doors, or motor

12 A problem in the blower motor circuit

13 A problem in the EEPROM in the heater control panel; the control panel must be replaced

14 An open in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit

15 A short in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit

In case of multiple problems, the recirculation indicator will indicate only the DTC with the least number of blinks.

In case of an intermittent failure, the heater control panel will store the DTC until the ignition is turned off.

PiNoY Ep3 SI 11-11-2009 08:17 PM

and here is the acura power transistor part number
Part# 79330-S6M-941

1grex 11-12-2009 07:57 AM

turbo diagnosis:
disconnect blower motor connector
using jumper wires, shoot 12VDC to the blower motor
if it runs, replace your transistor, if it doesn't, replace the motor
good info though, Pinoy

ninjaturtleEG 01-19-2010 04:20 PM

Sorry to bring back an old thread but this seems to be the most related issue to my car i can find. Anyways im having the same prob, no air hot or cold coming out, but once i drive the car for around 20-25 mins, it starts working again! heater, ac, and all that. Anyone know whats up?

DirtyNater 03-27-2010 11:28 AM

Hi, first post. I was reading posts on this board that gave me the courage to actually try and fix my own problem, and I am actually on my way outside now to try the diagnostic test Pinoy posted, but I figured I should post in advance what I did, and a few thoughts from one who never fixes cars, but does have experience in fixing things having somewhat of a technical mind.

My car(98 honda accord Lx) was only blowing on 3 and 4, but I did not look into it until just 4 was working. Then I found these forums and the power of the blower motor resistor! So I went and bought one from O'reilly's for 60$, and today I went out to repace it. Sure enough, I had issues finding it, and my dumbass took out the glove compartment, and the housing underneath. If anyone doesnt know already, you dont need to take anything off of the car to get to the resistor. Its right underneath the glove!!!

So no question, the resistor was blown, you could see the end of the actual resistor completely melted off. So that brings me to joining your forum instead of more continued lurking.

The car is still not blowing air, however, there is a new sound. If that makes any sense. I turn on the fan to one, and I can see the light of the clock slightly dim, and things are being turned on behind the glove judging by sound and vibration.

Since I feel like I started this job on my own, I want to finish it, so what should I do next? Or what do you think is next? Electrically speaking I would presume that everything is working as it is actually turning on, but a fan somewhere is simply not turning. Blower motor?

One last thing, a forewarning to those that have a 3,4 settings only working issue. Judging from the posts I have found on this issue all over the intertubes I would have to say those that replace the resistor before it stops working it fixes the issue. Those(like myself) who waited too long, and no settings work, just replacing the resistor doesnt fix it. Maybe when the resistor blows it blows something else? Maybe replacing the resistor just temporarily delays the motor from blowing completely? Who knows, just a pattern I have noticed.

Thanks in advance for whatever advice given.

Hglowaski 09-28-2016 09:13 AM

Re: No air, hot or cold not blowing at all on 2003 pilot. Fuses are good

Rrr

Tete Richards 09-30-2016 08:59 AM

So my 2007 Honda civic recirculation button continued to blink 6 times an the light stayed on until I turned the car off .

Originally Posted by PiNoY Ep3 SI (Post 40614438)
Well i just finished doing the diagnosis on my ac system. I had 12 blinks and when thru the trouble shoot in the service manuel. What i found is the blower motor was burned out. For those who need to know how to do the self diagnosis here is the procedure.

The heater control panel has a self-diagnosis function. To run the self diagnosis function, do the following:

1. Turn the fan switch OFF

2. Press and hold the recirculation control switch and the rear window defogger switch down.

3. Turn the ignition switch oN ll

4. Release both switches. The recirculation indicator and the rear window defogger indicator come on. The recirculation indicator goes off 3 seconds later and the Ay'C indicator comes on. then the self-diagnosis will begin. About 10 seconds later, the self-diagnosis will finish and the A,/C indicator goes off.

If any trouble is found. the recirculation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to indicate a faulty circuit or component.

If the system is OK, the recirculation indicator stays off.
Here are what the fault codes mean.

7 An open in the air mix control motor circuit

8 A short ln the air mix control motor circuit

9 A problem in the air mix control linkaqe, door, or motor

10 An open or shon in the mode control motor circuit

11 A problem in the mode control linkage, doors, or motor

12 A problem in the blower motor circuit

13 A problem in the EEPROM in the heater control panel; the control panel must be replaced

14 An open in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit

15 A short in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit

In case of multiple problems, the recirculation indicator will indicate only the DTC with the least number of blinks.

In case of an intermittent failure, the heater control panel will store the DTC until the ignition is turned off.