Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Just purchased: 06 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased: 06 Civic Si

Well guys,
I just bought the 06 Si in Fiji Blue Pearl. And no dealer mark up, thank God!!For those of you contemplating, I recommend it and I've only been driving it for a day!

Luckily, we happened to walk onto the dealer the same day they got it and bought it before the mad rush. There were tons of people drooling on it and trying to buy it as we signed the paperwork. As we were leaving, there were people getting onto the dealer's waiting list..

Now, to make it as fast as my 00 Si ....
Old 01-05-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (bluesiTYPER)

I've had mine since December 6. Galaxy Gray here. My buddy who has one at his dealership says it's a faster/better handing car to his ITR. Not going to trade he said, but he likes it a lot. I've got 4K miles on mine already.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (slateboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slateboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've got 4K miles on mine already.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, drive a lot huh?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slateboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> My buddy who has one at his dealership says it's a faster/better handing car to his ITR. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Is something wrong with his ITR??? Don't get me wrong I like the new Si but it being faster and better handling than the ITR is not seen on paper by a long shot.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (vivid 02)

what does paper tell you?
0-60 time, gear ratios, but generally not the effeciency and power bands. I mean the ITR is cool, but the Si has 6 gears, a nice new LSD, the K series is a much more effecient engine (the B came out in 1989, right?), and stock the Si has more modern tires, tho most all stock Hondas come with pretty crummy tires. I mean all the modern features add up, the iVTEC torque curve, all that ****.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what does paper tell you?
0-60 time, gear ratios, but generally not the effeciency and power bands. I mean the ITR is cool, but the Si has 6 gears, a nice new LSD, the K series is a much more effecient engine (the B came out in 1989, right?), and stock the Si has more modern tires, tho most all stock Hondas come with pretty crummy tires. I mean all the modern features add up, the iVTEC torque curve, all that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

couldn't have said it better myself

those who do not change with the times and advance in technology and what is offered to them....

will be left behind HARDCORE
Old 01-06-2006, 08:56 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (Type X)

Yeah, thats what I'm sayin. On paper, my Civic cannot beat my friend's Mustang round this one stretch of road, but it does.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:40 AM

Haha; I'm only up to about 70 miles but thats only 2 days ..

Old 01-06-2006, 09:43 AM

I like the ITR, but I wouldn't have bought one instead of the Si.. Now if there was a new ITR out, come talk to me again....

B-series is an awesome platform, and I still own one, but I'm definitely ready for the K-series days as well..
Old 01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what does paper tell you?
0-60 time, gear ratios, but generally not the effeciency and power bands. I mean the ITR is cool, but the Si has 6 gears, a nice new LSD, the K series is a much more effecient engine (the B came out in 1989, right?), and stock the Si has more modern tires, tho most all stock Hondas come with pretty crummy tires. I mean all the modern features add up, the iVTEC torque curve, all that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow...how misinformed. I'm a fan of the '06 Si, but don't spout off a bunch of BS. The ITR came stock with Potenza RE010's and those are basically R compounds. Anyone that knows anything about the ITR knows those tires are better than anything else for handling/performance compared to other Hondas.

The ITR still does look like a better performing car "on paper" (ie specs, road tests), but I'm still interested in this new Si. I can't afford one right now, but I still think it's very cool.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:36 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

couldn't have said it better myself

those who do not change with the times and advance in technology and what is offered to them....

will be left behind HARDCORE</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please tell me what, technology-wise, is better about the new Civic Si than the DC2 ITR (and navi does not make a car go faster, so don't include that crap).
Old 01-06-2006, 10:44 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (Todd00)

Mainly, a more effecient drivetrain. 6 Speeds, roller rockers for the K series, as well as the VTC, giving more torque over a broad powerband. Also the safety rating, hehe.

P.S. Why the expletive does a Civic come with sat nav? I mean in this market...um. I mean, is anyone gonna get it? Its a very expensive option, but for a street racer/cruiser, we don't need no stinkin sat. nav. haha.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Please tell me what, technology-wise, is better about the new Civic Si than the DC2 ITR (and navi does not make a car go faster, so don't include that crap).</TD></TR></TABLE>

The engine is eons ahead of the b18c5
the only reason it isn't running 14's down the track is the fact that
while honda was updating their aerodynamics, engines etc etc

they added creature comforts and entry level luxo... amenities

better crash bars, reinforced doors, airbags out the butt etc etcc

which add's weight

along with EPS , abs, 4 wheel disc brakes etc etc

huge seats ( techno babble etc etc)

I mean for its time the itr was great

but now people want safe, sunroofs and premium audio at a sub par price

revving to 9k down the block when premium is 3 dollars a gallon in a yellow car just doesn't cut it for anyone pretty much now

especially when your competitors are throwing HID and navi in everything but the kitchen sink

Old 01-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
P.S. Why the expletive does a Civic come with sat nav? I mean in this market...um. I mean, is anyone gonna get it? Its a very expensive option, but for a street racer/cruiser, we don't need no stinkin sat. nav. haha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got it on my new si coming in
Old 01-06-2006, 11:17 AM

From where I sit, all of this 'technology' isn't making the car any faster around the track. Let's not forget the car is a Civic. It's not a BMW or even an Acura...

...so Navi, 10 airbags, 300w sound system, etc is all nice...it doesn't make the car better from a performance standpoint.

K-series fanboys can hype the motor all they want (it is a good motor), but the B18C5 still made 195HP from 1.8L and was surrounded by the best chassis Honda has ever produced (from a performance standpoint).

The diff is the same, 6-speeds vs 5-speeds is not always an improvement from a performance standpoint, the cable shifter on the K is definitely a drawback, as is the drive-by-wire on the new Si.

And let's not even get into struts vs wishbone. Yes, caster is better, but it's still a strut car. Caster is just a way to make a strut car perform almost up to the level of a double-wishbone setup.

If you speaking in terms of performance, the new Si isn't on the same page as the ITR is...and the first ITR is almost 10 years old now.

If oyu are speaking in terms of creature-comforts, then the new Si has it all over the ITR. But that wasn't what the ITR was about, so a comparo on that front is moot.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

195 as compared to the 210hp the new si is making

( if your comparing the SAE ratings the Type R got , to the current civic)

and the figure im posting is the si that was dyno'd by vtec.net

the itr so you say is the best chassis built ( supposedly )

since it was specifically built for that....... a super integra

overpriced, no a/c ( on the original ) and no roof for weight savings

im sure if the goal was an ITR killer than honda could have done this with the Si
however they built an everyday cool quick car

so to compare ITRs, RSX, and si's are retarded......

if you want to compare progression i'll argue my points all day

but honda/acura builds a car for a reason ...be it entry level, performance or luxo cruiser but each have a mission statement and neither the old itr or the new si had the same goal from the orginal idea
Old 01-06-2006, 11:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And let's not even get into struts vs wishbone. Yes, caster is better, but it's still a strut car. Caster is just a way to make a strut car perform almost up to the level of a double-wishbone setup.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Todd...that must be why all those BeeMWs dont handle worth a crap...
Old 01-06-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si (FAST4DR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FAST4DR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey Todd...that must be why all those BeeMWs dont handle worth a crap...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey now, that's a FWD strut layout vs a RWD strut layout. Completely different animal! You're asking those front struts to do an awful lot on a FWD car...
Old 01-06-2006, 11:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">195 as compared to the 210hp the new si is making

( if your comparing the SAE ratings the Type R got , to the current civic)

and the figure im posting is the si that was dyno'd by vtec.net

the itr so you say is the best chassis built ( supposedly )

since it was specifically built for that....... a super integra

overpriced, no a/c ( on the original ) and no roof for weight savings

im sure if the goal was an ITR killer than honda could have done this with the Si
however they built an everyday cool quick car

so to compare ITRs, RSX, and si's are retarded......

if you want to compare progression i'll argue my points all day

but honda/acura builds a car for a reason ...be it entry level, performance or luxo cruiser but each have a mission statement and neither the old itr or the new si had the same goal from the orginal idea</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it's a retarded comparo, then why bring it up or comment on it? I'm just trying to set the record straight that newer is not always better (from certain aspects) in the auto world.

Honda could build a FWD M3 killer if they wanted to, but it's never gonna happen. To say 'could have done' is not a valid argument.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yo
Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i actually didnt bring it up but rather agreed to someone elses statement
Old 01-06-2006, 12:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey now, that's a FWD strut layout vs a RWD strut layout. Completely different animal! You're asking those front struts to do an awful lot on a FWD car...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL...Todd...you know you want to trade in the RSX for the new Si...its ok, man. Anyone else think we are comparing apples to oranges here.
One thing I keep seeing over and over in all of these Si threads is arguing over this is better, that is better, this sucks, that sucks...c'mon guys.
There is really no need to argue over this stuff until Honda designs the PERFECT car.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

..oh and FWIW, I will be getting the nav option when I get my Si...but in my defense, I need it...the ol' eyes just aint what they used to be...
Old 01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i got it on my new si coming in </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 01-06-2006, 12:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FAST4DR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..oh and FWIW, I will be getting the nav option when I get my Si...but in my defense, I need it...the ol' eyes just aint what they used to be...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great...now I gotta put up with you trolling the forum...

Quick Reply: Just purchased: 06 Civic Si