Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Integra DC5 Luxury Rim Size Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra DC5 Luxury Rim Size Fitment

Hey there fellas,

Complete newbie at cars and everything in that regard, not a car enthusiast that knows everything, in fact, I know nothing. With that being said, I have a stock Luxury DC5 and wanted some new rims. Since my Integra is black, I feel like white would be a good option to the stock rims I have right now. The rims I'm interested in right now are the Cosmis S5R which are 17x9 +22 Offset. Since my car is also at stock height, I am also planning to lower it. Any advice or suggestions to what I need to do or if it'll meet the criteria to fit the rims? Also what tyre size etc? If you have any other suggestions to what rims what look good on black, feel free to let me know. Again, I'm not the best at cars and I simply want nice looking rims while lowering it from stock height as it looks like a monster truck at stock.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 04:20 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Re: Integra DC5 Luxury Rim Size Fitment

Stick with something closer to OEM width and offset, which I believe are 17 x 7" wide with +45 offset. Going more than .5" or 1" wider, fitment could be an issue. Running a lower offset, such as the +22 you mentioned will push the wheel further outboard, causing fender interference. So those 17x9 +22 wheels would stick out about 2" further than the stock wheels.

You will also want to pay attention to lug pattern, and hub bore. You will need a 5x114.3 lug pattern, no exceptions. The hub bore is I think 64.1mm, so your new rims need to have that size of bore at minimum. You can go larger, but you will want to run hub centric rings so they mate up properly, which usually run about $10 a set.

Aftermarket wheels also typically use conical seat lug nuts, as opposed to the acorn type with OEM wheels. So you'll want to make sure you get a set of nuts that match your wheels and the thread size you need, which are M12 x 1.5.

For tires, just look for something closest to OEM diameter and that will fit your wheel width. TireRack is a great resource for technical info on tires.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Excellent post above. I would also just add that you can get a feel for what will fit by noting the specs of rims at Tirerack too. If they list a particular spec rim as fitting your car, it will fit without problem.

Those rims you like are pretty generic split 5 spoke rims, so if you like that type, you should be able to get something similar in a size that's more appropriate to your needs. For example, Tirerack has OZ ultraleggeras that are somewhat similar. I had them on my previous car and they are fairly light and strong rims. Also available in many colors on Tirerack too. But there are so many options to explore - do a bunch of searches and it'll keep you busy for hours.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cheers for the feedback boys, really appreciate it.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:54 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tommycrx
Excellent post above. I would also just add that you can get a feel for what will fit by noting the specs of rims at Tirerack too. If they list a particular spec rim as fitting your car, it will fit without problem.
True true.

I also use the website below to verify OEM wheel and tire size, lug pattern etc. so you know how far off you will be. Just remember that more positive offset pushes the wheel barrel inwards towards the car, and less offset or negative offset pushes it outwards. The offset number is in mm.

https://www.wheel-size.com/