Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

intake manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake manifolds

Hello, all I have a couple questions and keep in mind that i'm new to the honda tuning game. I have a 02 si hatch with a acura rsx-s motor and trans k20a2 I wanna replace the intake manifold and from what i hear the 06si^ is the best intake manifold i went to my parts dept and and had them look up the price of one and the part number for it is RRB, now i've heard about RBC and RRC and Skunk 2 and i've seen dyno results for all 3 and i was thinking about getting a RRC but I thought it was the 06si^ then the RRB got thrown in. I can fix anything on a freakin honda but as far as aftermarket stuff and knowing the k20a1,2,3,z1,2,3,and all the other crap and different intakes i'm lost I know i'm going to have to modify the intake manifold to make it work on my k20a2 but i heard it's well worth it my goal is 250whp so i'm thinking intake manifold toda full exhaust and brian crower stage 2 cams with kpro will do it so can someone elighten me on which intake is best and if it's the 06si^ then why is the number RRB and why aren't more people using it
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: intake manifolds

Originally Posted by 02sia2
Hello, all I have a couple questions and keep in mind that i'm new to the honda tuning game. I have a 02 si hatch with a acura rsx-s motor and trans k20a2 I wanna replace the intake manifold and from what i hear the 06si^ is the best intake manifold i went to my parts dept and and had them look up the price of one and the part number for it is RRB, now i've heard about RBC and RRC and Skunk 2 and i've seen dyno results for all 3 and i was thinking about getting a RRC but I thought it was the 06si^ then the RRB got thrown in. I can fix anything on a freakin honda but as far as aftermarket stuff and knowing the k20a1,2,3,z1,2,3,and all the other crap and different intakes i'm lost I know i'm going to have to modify the intake manifold to make it work on my k20a2 but i heard it's well worth it my goal is 250whp so i'm thinking intake manifold toda full exhaust and brian crower stage 2 cams with kpro will do it so can someone elighten me on which intake is best and if it's the 06si^ then why is the number RRB and why aren't more people using it
Cool story bro.

RBC is 06+ Si

RRC is Civic Type R

RRB IDK
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok then since the type r's came with the k20a2 would that mean that the RRC would be a direct fit without modification or will i still have to mod it? and I know that it's the water jacket you have to change but what exactly do you have to change on the manifold
Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get an rrc. honda knew what it was doing when they designed that thing. you'll have to modify it and get a tb adapter.

stay away from the skunk2. it's twice as much as an rbc and performs the same or worse, and chances are you'll have some sort of fitment issue with it.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm not even thinking about the skunk 2 i'm actually a honda tech I can find and fix any problem with them but when it comes to all the different types then throwing in euro versions and mixing and matching then i'm lost so I want a oem part since and I can get the 08 si intake for 185 bucks i'd rather do that then pay 500 for the same thing that's aftermarket not oem i just googled the part number for a type r intake so i'm going to go to work tommorow and ask parts how much for it...they said today they can get euro parts but he mentioned 400 bucks but we didn't know the part number so i'll see what the price is for it
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
been there done that

the rrc is a jdm part. not many dealerships can actually get them. most places sell them for $400-500.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess it would be best to stick with the type r kinda thing and go with that but if i can get a rbc manifold for that cheap i might just have to go that route
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
been there done that

you can find used already modified rbc's for less than $200 all day
Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well I had them cross the number at the dealership and they are saying that 17121-rrc-000 isn't a good number but they found the type r intake it's just a different number so i'm not sure I want to buy something blind and hope it's the real thing
Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 AM
cute little bastard

Originally Posted by 02sia2
well I had them cross the number at the dealership and they are saying that 17121-rrc-000 isn't a good number but they found the type r intake it's just a different number so i'm not sure I want to buy something blind and hope it's the real thing

The Integra nor Civic Type R were not sold in the U.S. (not talking about the B-Series 97-01 ITR). So how would a U.S. dealership be able to sell a "Type R" intake manifold?

You're getting dooped by some ******* at the dealership. Get a cut RBC and call it a day.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the dealership that's dooping me is the one I work at we have in the past ordered parts off of euro version cars...it's not something that we can type in a vin and order any part for but we can get some parts off of euro cars if we have the part numbers I've heard alot better things about the RRC manifold then the RBC and since the ep3 type r's came with a k20a2 motor which is what's in my car now so I'd perfer the RRC manifold since it has better reviews the only thing i'm not 100% sure about is since they are the same motors basicly will the RRC be a direct bolt on without modification I just have to see if the manifold that's on there is a PBR and if it is then it's a direct fit
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
been there done that

the rrc came off the JAPANESE ONLY 07+ ctr k20a and is not a direct bolt on to a k20a2/z1 head. the euro ep3 ctr has a different k20a with a regular prc manifold which isnt much different from your stock prb.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well since I do have a prb manifold that I can buy a RRC and it will be a direct bolt on with no need to modify and should give some decent gains over the prb the same part number that's on http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000...age&item=10040 my parts dept looked up and they can get it to me for 440 my cost out the door so i save 10 bucks plus shipping not much but for being a direct swap and the ease i think i'm going with the RRC then i'm gonna get a full toda exhaust kpro then after i see those gains i may do stage 2 cams but all i want is 250 whp
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
been there done that

you haven't listened to anything anyone's said
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
cute little bastard

Originally Posted by doood
you haven't listened to anything anyone's said
lol seriously. I quit.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood
you can find used already modified rbc's for less than $200 all day
Here you go, read this again and let it sink in
Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not just talking to you guys about this the people at hmotorsport.com told me if i have the prb manifold that the rrc will be a direct fit that's where i got that from so weither i buy it from my job or though there website there the ones saying it's a direct fit to my a2 head but your saying it isn't so i'm hearing different things from different people your telling me i have the prb manifold right now and if i want the rrc i have to modifiy it there telling me if i have the prb then it will bolt on perfect my parts dept are saying they can get it your saying they can't so if you don't want to listen and to help there are other threads here you can go talk on but i'm here trying to learn about these different things and like everything different people say different things so if i hear something somewhere else i'm gonna say it here to see what you guys say so i can hear both sides and figure out what is possible
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i wanted a rbc manifold i would of bought one already but i've also seen modified rbc manifolds with a mild port being dynoed then switching it to the stock rrc and making the same power so why would i want to buy something and modify it just to get the same power as just buying an off the shelf one and putting it on without modifying it.....that's if the people at hmotorsport.com are right and it doesn't have to be modified
Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
been there done that

that pic on the hmotors site shows an unmodified manifold. for a place that does a lot of business with swaps you'd think they know better.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they should but i didn't know better so i called them and they said if i had the prb stamped on my intake it would be a direct fit but if you guys are saying there wrong then i'm going to have to look elsewhere
Old 04-27-2012, 04:21 PM
been there done that

http://www.karcepts.com/index_files/...structions.pdf

the water neck modification is the same for rbc and rrc. with the rrc you'll have to do more to get the iacv to work.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont' see it on the website but are these already modified or do i have to change them...I can't look and tell the difference
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get the RRC from Autofair Honda. Awesome dealership and very big into the K series game.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100471
Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone have a link to a "how to" to modify the manifold?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 PM
been there done that

Really?

Quick Reply: intake manifolds