Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/)
-   -   I STILL don't know!!! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/i-still-dont-know-53673/)

B00ST2nR 07-21-2001 06:57 PM

I STILL don't know!!!

I'm still having trouble deciding what to do!

Either keeping my 2000 Integra GS-R w/ AEM CAI, TT Custom Exhaust, Autometer Gauge, OEM Body Kit, or trading this in for a new Acura RSX Type-S.

Half the people I talk to say to keep my car right now, and the other half says that I'll like it when I get the RSX Type-S!

Anyone have some comments or suggestions? I need some kind of big motivation to do either one. I'm still struggling on my choice... help out.

raene 07-21-2001 07:05 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (GS-Racer)

Why not test-drive? Or have you already?

StinkyTofu 07-21-2001 09:24 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (raeneshadow)

stick with your GSR. Sit inside the RSX, and you'll be like "wow this interior is alot better than mine". sure the layout is nice and everything. gauge looks cool. But it is quite obvious they were trying to cut costs down as when you feel the door panels and the dash on the passenger side, they feel like material used on a dodge neon. I was kinda surprised....It is a fast car though. and it handles close to an ITR. But you already got a few upgrades on your GSR. Stick with it, and make it better than a RSX-S or an ITR http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emsmilep.gif.

Dirty GS-R 07-21-2001 09:36 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (IntegraGSR)

I agree with integraGSR. Keep the GSR. I was surprised about all the plastic in the interior too. A bit disappointing. If you really want an RSX, I'd wait untill the Type R gets over here. I'm counting the days.

gigantor 07-21-2001 11:25 PM

Don't listen to these people.

Get the RSX. It's a nicer car in every way compared with the GS-R.

What's to compare here anyways? Nicer interior, more hp, more torque, more useable powerband, fresh looks, more room, quieter ride and it costs only a bit more than the GS-R did.

I'm not sure I understand why people don't like this car.

AceP97 07-22-2001 06:56 AM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (gigantor)

I agree with gigantor. When people say cheap parts like the door panels and stuff, they must be out of there minds. My bro has a GSR and it feels so cheap and outdated inside. You close the door and everything shakes. I don't get why people slam these cars. It's quality is unmatched at the price! I have a base model and I know that I can hang if not roll my brother's GSR. The engine is so different. With the i-VTEC there is not just one rush like the GSR's, what I like is that on the base peak torque is at 4000rpm's. It has great real world power. All in all they are both awesome cars, but sometimes it is just time to move on. Good luck in your decision.

Dirty GS-R 07-22-2001 10:14 AM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (AceP97)

When people say cheap parts like the door panels and stuff, they must be out of there minds.
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the type S. I think it's an amazing car. That's the only flaw I have with the car. If you like the plastic panels and dash that's fine, I was just giving my opinion. All I'm saying is, since GS-Racer already has pretty nice car, I'd wait untill we get the R. If he didn't have a car or he was driving a **** box I would say that there is no doubt he should get the Type S. New styling and technology, how can an 8yr. old model compete with that.

AceP97 07-22-2001 11:00 AM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (2K1 GS-R)

2k1 gs-r, I was not trying to "make fun" of your opinion. I just think the RSX feels more solid and less plastic-like. It is honestly kind of hard to compare the two cars because really they are very different. Bottom line you can't go wrong with a GSR or RSX. It really depends on what your looking for.

mikeSONICGSR 07-22-2001 11:08 AM

Stick with you GSR, i was thinking of trading mine in, but I like my car to much, and the RSX-s dont come in SSBP!

B00ST2nR 07-22-2001 02:48 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (98bluepearlGS-R)

haha. I knew I'd get this kind of response. There are always people who say to trade it in, and there are always people who say to keep my car right now. I need a solid statement that will motivate me to do either one.

I'll tell you what I'm looking for in a car. First off, I really like the look of my car right now. It's very clean and the OEM Body kit looks very nice on it. Speedwise, I would like my car to go faster than right now, and I would like a car that is faster. The look of the RSX-S isn't appealing to me... maybe down the line I'll grow on the look.

I can just spend the extra money on my current GS-R, or I can trade it in and get a Brand new car. I only have 6,600 miles on my car, so it's pretty new. I'm seriously 50/50 on this right now. Someone please step up and give me a mind changing comment or suggestion, and I'll greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Dirty GS-R 07-22-2001 07:45 PM

If you're not sure on the looks then why get it. What if the looks never appeal to you. What then? You'll be stuck with a car that you don't even like to look at. At least wait until you are sure. I wouldn't jump into anything too quickly.

keys 07-22-2001 09:19 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (2K1 GS-R)

I would get the RSX Type-S...... it's faster than a GSR and can only get even faster with more mods

Vracer111 07-23-2001 01:54 PM

I didn't test drive a RSX Type S but I got in one at an dealership this weekend. Love the interior! That 6-speed is absolutely the smoothest and most precise shifter I have ever tried out, puts the BMWs and Mercedes SLKs to shame. And there is actually headroom! (keep in mind I'm 6'2" and drive a '90 GS with moonroof). The only thing I don't like is the exterior, and that is something I cannot live with - too much like a civic fused with a BMW 3 series coupe. I wasn't even considering buying it anyways, as I was just at the dealership to get parts and saw the RSX Type-S there. If they redid the exterior of the car I would not mind getting the redesigned RSX one bit though! Until the RSX looks more like an Integra should (not try to blend a civic and BMW in other words) it won't be a car I'd want to own. Plus I'd like to see how the RSX does at Auto-X Vs the Integras (real world handling comparison).

R0476 07-23-2001 05:54 PM

Get the RSX-S, trust me. I took one out for a while and tore the **** up (before people start yapping their mouths it was a dealer demo car with almost 2k miles on it). The car was pretty quick, on par with my car (ITR) on from 1st to 2nd and more torque. Don't listien to these people the RSX-S is superior to the GS-R. The looks is okay its starting to grow on me. Get the RSX-S, you wont regret it. http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emthup.gif

DR 07-23-2001 06:35 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (R0476)

I have a problem with these new sport compacts like the RSX and WRX. They have nice engines but they are lacking in the looks department.

When I bought my Prelude back in '98 I remember thinking I liked the previous generation Prelude's looks better but I wanted a new car. Now I am very glad I went with 5th gen Prelude as the 4th gen looks outdated to me. So now I am thinking that in a couple of years these new cars will start looking great to me. That should be great timing for when the Type R comes out, right?

One last thing, I will never buy a car without a LSD ever again. Sorry Type S http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emthdown.gif Keep the GSR until the new Type R...

B00ST2nR 07-24-2001 02:51 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (DR)

I just came back from the Acura Dealer and test drove the New RSX Type-S...

I was very very dissapointed... It felt so slow. A whole lot slower than my car. I redlined every gear up to 4th to test it out and it felt very weak. I thought it might have been the car, so I asked to test drive another one. Same thing happened. Also, after seeing it in person and test driving it for about 30 minutes, I've fully decided to keep my car.

Thanks for all your help!

R0476 07-24-2001 07:07 PM

I just came back from the Acura Dealer and test drove the New RSX Type-S...

I was very very dissapointed... It felt so slow.
Thanks for all your help!
Uhhhh?????? You sure ts a Type-S? Felt damn quick to me.

AceP97 07-25-2001 06:39 AM

This thread is a joke, why do you need a statement from somebody to make you choose a car. I mean if you like your car keep it. You should buy a car because you like it not because what others have to say. You say the type-s is weak, I thnk your crazy! The RSX is more refined and much more smooth that's why it's hard to tell how fast it is. I think the base model feels stronger than my bro's modded GSR. Anyway I'm not trying to be a d***, but come on let's get it straight here, they are both great cars. Yet they are so very different.

B00ST2nR 07-25-2001 01:38 PM

I test drove two Type-S to make sure if it really did perform the way it did. And it felt much slower than the current car i have right now. The car didn't pull that much. That is purely my experience with the car.

I think reading other people's reviews and all that other stuff is just an extra, its BEST to go and try it urself, then you will know.

It really didn't feel that great. I'm just writin up what I felt and what my experience was...

Legacy_CPA 07-25-2001 02:00 PM

yeah stick with the GSR!!! nah, I think if I had the money I would have gotten an RSX, but I'll have fun making my GSR kick some civic look alike, too luxurious RSX booty!! I have had my GSR for 2 days and I love it!! (I also test drove the RSX).. http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emwink.gif

Daemione 07-26-2001 07:09 AM

I do know.

The only thing I have to add to this thread is this:

If you live in an area where it snows, or there is a chance you might have to drive on muddy roads, do NOT buy the RSX. There is no fender lining for the front wheels, which means all the snow, salt, slush, mud, rocks, etc. will be crammed up into the engine bay as it comes off your front wheels. If you look behind the front wheel, you can see all the way through the car, past the steering rack, engine, ignition, etc. All of this is exposed to the elements. I give the car a lifespan of about 2-3 years in a snowy environment.

Wait until next year when they come with fender linings due to all the complaints.

Sam 07-26-2001 08:42 AM

Re: I do know. (Daemione)

I do test drive a Type S but I think it is a fast car, I dun think it will slower than a GSR with I/E......however, it is taller and quieter so you may "feel" it is slow.
I will wait for the R if I were you http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emwink.gif

uNF$@#! 07-26-2001 09:00 AM

If you like the way your car looks now, keep it. I think you might just want the RSX Type S because it's new. The RSX should have more potential, but you'll have to wait until the aftermarket parts come out. And with the front suspension changes, no one is quite sure if it will handle better when lowered. It handles really good in stock form, but it needs to be lowered to "look right" since it has a higher roofline.

People who are test driving the Type S: When you're redlining through all the gears, glance down at the speedo (but not for too long -- wouldn't want to get into an accident!) and see how fast you're actually going. The car doesn't "feel" fast because the torque curve is very linear and the chassis has probably been strengthened over the 3G Integra. So you don't "feel" the speed as much. This is good for road racing, because "feeling" the speed usually means there will be some upsetting of the suspension.

B00ST2nR 07-26-2001 03:37 PM

Re: I STILL don't know!!! (All Natural)

That might be it. Maybe becuase the Power curve and Torque curve is a helluva lot smoother and linear than the 3G Integs. But the main thing I noticed when I drove the car was that even in the first 3 gears when I redlined them, the rpm didn't shoot up. It went up so slowly compared to the car I have right now. When I hit VTEC, my RPM goes up quite fast. In the RSX Type-S, it crawled up. Isn't that the case if that car has shorter and smaller gears?

Isn't taller and bigger gears better for acceleration?

calitypeR 07-29-2001 01:01 AM

i dont know about some of you guys but i "like to feel the speed" of the car. its just more fun. i have been in a tt supra and i know it is going fast i just cant feel it and i dont get the "rush" i do then when i am in my itr. in other words " some cars feel fast and some cars are fast, in my itr i have both".