Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

I have a choice of the Celica GT-S Turbo or RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SleeprCrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleeprCrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, you are from st cloud... so am I... I go to school at SCSU... BTW, I have a RSX-S and was also thinking about a Celica GTS, after test driving both I choose the RSX, only because i found one for a great price. I know there arent many RSX and Celicas around the STC area but down in the cities there are plenty, I say take you time and test drive both cars throughly, you'll eventually pick the one that suits u best... It took me about 6 months before i finally found a good deal, patience is the key...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't it funny to find people that live near you?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: (SleeprCrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleeprCrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, you are from st cloud... so am I... I go to school at SCSU... BTW, I have a RSX-S and was also thinking about a Celica GTS, after test driving both I choose the RSX, only because i found one for a great price. I know there arent many RSX and Celicas around the STC area but down in the cities there are plenty, I say take you time and test drive both cars throughly, you'll eventually pick the one that suits u best... It took me about 6 months before i finally found a good deal, patience is the key...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey man, its nice to meet someone from St. Cloud. Yea there isn't much RSX-S in St. Cloud. My friend has a silver one, another silver with bronze rims rolling around here. I think there are only about 5-6 RSX-S around this area. I haven't seen a modified Celica GT-S tho. That is amybe gonna be something new. Maybe I should just go with that. Just can't find the right one. The red one has 66xxx miles on it already. I want to have something with around 30xxx or so. Something that feels new and is fairly new.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (kung fu grip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kung fu grip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly, the celica is nice, but i have a very good friend who autocrosses one on a national level ('03 national class champ). she had transmission problems early on in the car's life. i also don't really think that engine is very dependable (uncharacteristic for toyota, i know) but a lot of them have spun bearings. i also point to the issues that engine has had in the MR2 spyder. a lot of those cars have gone through multiple engines, and the drivers i know with them are expereinced, older drivers. it's perplexing, but it kept me away from one.

just something to think about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually the mr2 spyder has the 1zz while the gts has the 2zz... not trying to be a smart *** but just thought i'd point out to those that dont know.

but my opinion on the toyota motors are alittle different. i'm no mechanic nor a car freak but i havent really heard of anything really bad with the two motors, generally the 1zz because i was at one time very intersted in the mr2-spyder... my brother owned a mr2-spyder also...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: (kung fu grip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kung fu grip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly, the celica is nice, but i have a very good friend who autocrosses one on a national level ('03 national class champ). she had transmission problems early on in the car's life. i also don't really think that engine is very dependable (uncharacteristic for toyota, i know) but a lot of them have spun bearings. i also point to the issues that engine has had in the MR2 spyder. a lot of those cars have gone through multiple engines, and the drivers i know with them are expereinced, older drivers. it's perplexing, but it kept me away from one.

just something to think about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually the mr2 spyder has the 1zz while the gts has the 2zz... not trying to be a smart *** but just thought i'd point out to those that dont know.

but my opinion on the toyota motors are alittle different. i'm no mechanic nor a car freak but i havent really heard of anything really bad with the two motors, generally the 1zz because i was at one time very intersted in the mr2-spyder... my brother owned a mr2-spyder also...

but i would most deffinately go with a type-s over a gts... type-s are bad ***!! my cuzin's got an 02 with basics and that thing's a prety darn nice ride... my other buddy just got an 05 type-s and it's even better!!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatch_22si)

double posting is the devil.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Huggy Bear)

sure, the turbo will make ur car faster
sure, its an attention grabber
sure, the psssshhh sound makes me want to nut in my pants

but on the flipside, turbos cause a lot of problems. if you are looking for a daily driver, get the rsx. if you want something u are going to drive for a short amount of time, then get the celica. more maintenance..yadda yadda. be ready to give time for the turboed car. i'd advise u not to get a turbo car, even tho i have one. i am tired of all the problems and i have a sleeved block at 9.0 compression. i am getting rid of my turboed prelude for an 05 TL
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eMpAtHy)

^Sounds like you got some street cred regarding boost, so clue me, whaddya think about factory boost? Gimme the Cliff Notes on boosted Subies, SRT4s, Kompressor Benzes etc. What about dealer installed factory units like the TRD stuff?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: I have a choice of the Celica GT-S Turbo or RSX-S (HS2G)

i have a 01 celica gts and altho i have never driven a rsx-s, i would rather have the rsx-s. dont get me wrong the celica is a great car and fun to drive, but i would rather have a rsx-s. also, i dont think celicas really hold boost all that well. i remember hearing that their trannys really cant hold a lot more power. atleast thats the impression i got from ppl on newcelica.org. good luck tho with whatever u go with
Old 04-28-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: (HS2G)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HS2G &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but my mom talked him down. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha... did she just keep nagging him or what? Clean your room! Eat your vegetables! Lower the price on your car!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (L337HXR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L337HXR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I'M GETTING MY SCION. NO OTHER K20/B18/ OR WHATEVER CAN HIT 400WHP AND NOT BLOW UP.

Modified by L337HXR at 8:38 AM 4/21/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

.... h22 does 400whp on stock everything mase has done it.

boostedhybrid has done 500whp on k20 stock sleeves and I give a ******* thumbs down to the scion **** 3000lb FF nothing else ***** with the k20a.

10K for a k24 my *** I bought a k24a1 for 850 shipped from VA to FL.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: (Khamtegra)

type s