Half the dash lights not working EP3 (where is the how too!?) - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Half the dash lights not working EP3 (where is the how too!?)

Old 12-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Half the dash lights not working EP3 (where is the how to!?)

Hello, yes i know this has been addressed many times but i have looked for days and not found anything on how to actually fix this. No its not the bulbs before someone asks.

Obviously this is the same issue the accord have where the circuit board has a open somewhere and it is not allowing half the dash lights including the climate control lights to work. The accords have a million how to's on how to fix it (or bypass the dimmer) but the ep has none.

I have seen sol-oto say if u jump the green connector from pin 6 to pin 11 it will fix it. All that does it blow the fuse for all the dash lights/running lights and turn signals. I have seen talonxracer say u can jump the damged section on the board with a jumper. But again no info on where to do this.

Anyone have any real world experience on this issue and how did u fix it? Thank you sooo much!

Last edited by b20accord; 12-27-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Half the dash lights not working EP3 (where is the how too!?)

Solved it. So my issue was with my radio wiring itself. I removed my radio and found both the solid red wire and the red with black stripe wire both wired into the radios illumination slot. I cut the red wire at the radio and then jumped the green connector at the back of the cluster pin 6 (solid red wire) to pin 11 (solid black wire) and boom. Works perfect now!

Hope this helps someone in the future!
Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Half the dash lights not working EP3 (where is the how too!?)

Originally Posted by b20accord View Post
Solved it. So my issue was with my radio wiring itself. I removed my radio and found both the solid red wire and the red with black stripe wire both wired into the radios illumination slot. I cut the red wire at the radio and then jumped the green connector at the back of the cluster pin 6 (solid red wire) to pin 11 (solid black wire) and boom. Works perfect now!

Hope this helps someone in the future!
Iím kind of confused on how you jumped the wire on the cluster. I have the same issue and even purchased a new radio. Still no AC control lights. Everything else works.

i have an RSX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: