Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Going with the I/H/E tradition and exhaust is all that's left.

I found a dc exhaust system and magnaflow around the same price. Less then 500$

I was thinking about going with magnaflow to keep the stock look on my car.

But I have DC headers so should I go along with dc exhaust as well?

Or does anyone recommend a good exhaust system.

thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust

bump. 150 views and no one has any of these exhaust systems?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 AM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Masho
Going with the I/H/E tradition and exhaust is all that's left.

I found a dc exhaust system and magnaflow around the same price. Less then 500$

I was thinking about going with magnaflow to keep the stock look on my car.

But I have DC headers so should I go along with dc exhaust as well?

Or does anyone recommend a good exhaust system.

thanks in advance

First of all you have one DC header not multiple headers lol not a V6/V8

Second of all opinion questions like these are a waste of everyone's time.

What do you like? I don't know...
What looks good to you? I don't know...
What sounds good to you? I don't know....

Do some youtube searching.. search through the countless number of threads and buy what you like best it is YOUR car not mine...

Are you going for looks?
Are you going for sound?
Are you going for performance?
What is your budget?

These are all question you did not really ask that need to be asked to get a real answer. You want my honest opinion, first learn how to search for something as simple as what exhaust do you want. Then after you learn ask again.

If you want my honest opinion on which exhaust is best I would honestly say buy K-teller 3" exhaust piping, buy a vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and buy a vibrant muffler or any muffler of your liking/choice and take it to a shop to weld it together and now you have the best performance engine with the best looking muffler that you personally picked out. BOOM done
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 AM
cute little bastard

Originally Posted by Masho
bump. 150 views and no one has any of these exhaust systems?
Because you constantly make threads that are all frequently asked questions (FAQ). Do a little research. You'll actually get your answers a lot faster than waiting for people to answer you.

Originally Posted by Type-Spaz
If you want my honest opinion on which exhaust is best I would honestly say buy K-teller 3" exhaust piping, buy a vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and buy a vibrant muffler or any muffler of your liking/choice and take it to a shop to weld it together and now you have the best performance engine with the best looking muffler that you personally picked out. BOOM done
3" exhaust for a bolt-on type s?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

buy a full toda exhaust
Old 04-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Because you constantly make threads that are all frequently asked questions (FAQ). Do a little research. You'll actually get your answers a lot faster than waiting for people to answer you.
I did search. That's why I said I found 2 exhaust systems that I liked. Which is why I'm here asking which is the better option hoping someone knowledgeable can break it down for me.

There's nothing in the FAQ that relates to exhausts except for the cheap upgrades section which only tells you to remove a B-pipe etc. And searching this forum is almost pointless because of my specific question. Go ahead and search for DC headers in the forum... Nothing what soever relates to DC exhaust in the first 3 pages of the search results.. hell I bet none of the 10 pages that came up have anything to do with Dc headers. Same goes with magnaflow. That's why I'm here hoping that at least someone of the hundreds of forum members has one of these exhaust systems or I come across someone that knows of a significant difference between the 2 systems. This isn't something you can google.

All I know about is exhaust is that it's little gain, more noise, possible different look.

Something is wrong with my exhaust, it creaks every time I shift and I went to a shop to get it fixed. They claimed to fix it, but I still get that annoying squeal whenever I shift or make turns. Something is loose. So Whatever, good excuse to pimp out my exhaust system. I wanted to get an after market exhaust anyway

To spaz. What do I like? I said I'd like the stock look in the OP

What looks good to me? Like I said stock. It's pretty deep stock O.o I'd like to keep it that way. Deep or a bit deeper.

What sounds good? Anything around stock level. If it's a little louder it's not a problem. Just not obnoxiously loud.

And what I'm going for = looks/sound/performance

Well if I'm spending 600$ on an exhaust system I hope to get all 3.

I'll repeat my question

I have a dc header should I stick to a DC exhaust over a magnaflow exhaust. They are around the same price. Is there a huge difference between the 2?

After going through a ton of websites and exhaust systems I narrowed it down to these 2. That's why I came here, hoping that at least someone has one of these exhaust systems or knows of anything about them such as significant differences.

Alot of these sites just explain to you that the exhaust system does this and blah blah increases so and so. Same **** on every site. So that's why I came to an EP3 forum to see if anyone had their personal opinions on an exhaust from personal experience unfiltered by the advertising bullshit coming from retail sites.

Hundreds of exhaust systems for our car and little breakdown.

I saw magnaflow tho had a chart where it increased torque or something by 6 or something.

I've gone through youtube hearing these exhausts. And they all sound different! 3 cars with dc ehxuast.... they sound different. same with magnaflow. wtf lol. I know other factors play a role in that as well but damn. Feel like idk what I'm gonna get.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thnx, I'll check the toda exhaust out too!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM
cute little bastard

lol toda is retarded expensive.

And you don't have to search just Honda-tech. Even a general google search will pop up a bunch of threads on HT, CRSX, etc.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

*sigh*

I'm at club ep3 and ephatch .com too. But I felt that this site responds much quicker and has more knowledgeable members too.

Like I said I've done my searching and I'm not gonna go through the billion pages of useless information that show up on google.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/ep3-exhaust-2864517/

That's the best thing I got. But nothing on Dc exhaust. Not too much on magna either.

Please stop telling me to keep searching. If I've narrowed down the possibilities to 2 brands of the hundreds that are out there. It means I've spent some time looking it up.

I've been here since 2009. I'm not an idiot. I just don't know what to get.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

type one racing, spoon, mugen, all these have exhaust systems on there websites..its all up to you which one you like
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 AM

I have a DC race header matched up to a Greddy Evo II Catback and I absolutely love my exhaust. I suggest you get my setup. I mean after all it did make a magazine lol J/K

no good photos of just the exhaust unless you dig through my old threads on clubrsx...
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 AM
cute little bastard

I'm surprised you're not running a bigger exhaust setup
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by SkoundrelUSA
I'm surprised you're not running a bigger exhaust setup

I am now :shady:
Old 05-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Toda is crazy expensive but for a hand built exhaust it's pretty good if your just doing a couple quick mods nothing fancy then you can go cheaper but if you plan on building the car and going further then just intake and exhaust toda isn't a bad choice just a expensive one they sound good and perform