Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/)
-   -   EP3 vs ALL (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/ep3-vs-all-2630844/)

20CiviC02Si 08-20-2009 03:09 AM

EP3 vs ALL

Here is a compilation of all the track days that i have attended this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRwSYL7mlYg

Type-Spaz 08-20-2009 08:32 AM

Re: EP3 vs ALL

WI Crew checking in. Nice racing buddy!

charleso 08-20-2009 09:39 AM

damn nice ep3 put to good use

bambol 08-25-2009 05:42 PM

nice video man :thumbup: I hope i can do track days once i get my ep built a little. Also does anyone know of any tracks down here in southern california?

Earthworm Jim 08-25-2009 07:38 PM

Well...have you ever driven one of these? Because I have:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...0000578-25.jpg

Showoff :|

kobeballer96 08-25-2009 08:01 PM

wow im touched by this video. good one man nice racing!

AllCityNemo 08-25-2009 10:36 PM

i knew this car look familiar

http://fotohostr.com/images/IMG00148.JPG

20CiviC02Si 08-28-2009 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by AllCityNemo (Post 39753194)
i knew this car look familiar

http://fotohostr.com/images/IMG00148.JPG

Yeah that would be my car chilling over at Suja1!

kPRO dz 08-28-2009 03:51 AM

hows that obx lsd workin out for ya?

20CiviC02Si 08-28-2009 09:01 AM

It's worked like a dream. I've had it in the car for over 2.5 years, put over 80,000 miles on it and it's still working perfectly.

sPcIaLkSeRiEs 09-12-2009 10:35 AM

Sick driving man:thumbup:

20CiviC02Si 01-01-2010 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by sPcIaLkSeRiEs (Post 39942309)
Sick driving man:thumbup:

Thanks i appreciate it! Wait for next year!

Little_Nolan 01-01-2010 08:20 AM

Soo wheres the clips of you getting passed?? lol jp

Hey man its nate, I had the tent by urs at ITR expo and I was tracking my silver 4dr ITR... you progressed well at expo btw!

WavyIntegra 01-01-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by boostn92vx (Post 41103854)

Hey man its nate, I had the tent by urs at ITR expo and I was tracking my silver 4dr ITR... you progressed well at expo btw!

Or better yet clips of you passing someone, lol..

I'm not a fan of EP3's at all but Kudos to you, this being all opinion, I feel like the Earlier Model Civics loaded down with B or even K series motors out perform EP3's across the board mostly due to their better power to weight ratio's, overall lighter curb weight, while making AS MUCH or MORE POWER...I don't get the current Generation Civic or why anyone would even use it as a platform, To heavy, to slow, to expensive despite their reasonable handling characteristics..Still...Kudos to you man, despite all that it's a sweet lookin ride, hopefully you're out to make some serious power in that thing, I've personally seen Turbo'd Civics with enough of a balance to outrun 911's on the track, would be nice to see this pretty car shut down some high enders like that eventually.

20CiviC02Si 01-01-2010 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by boostn92vx (Post 41103854)

Hey man what's up! I don't recall getting passed other than by the 4 door accord! LOL! I do however remember chasing you down but couldn't catch up because you exited the track. LOL!

Little_Nolan 01-01-2010 10:01 AM

^ Its not a race man and not about how many ppl you pass lol, its about how much you learn.. It was my first event driving RHD, and I thought I did very well. Not to mention you were running Rcomps : P

Originally Posted by WavyIntegra (Post 41104087)
Or better yet clips of you passing someone, lol..

I'm not a fan of EP3's at all but Kudos to you, this being all opinion, I feel like the Earlier Model Civics loaded down with B or even K series motors out perform EP3's across the board mostly due to their better power to weight ratio's, overall lighter curb weight, while making AS MUCH or MORE POWER...I don't get the current Generation Civic or why anyone would even use it as a platform, To heavy, to slow, to expensive despite their reasonable handling characteristics..Still...Kudos to you man, despite all that it's a sweet lookin ride, hopefully you're out to make some serious power in that thing, I've personally seen Turbo'd Civics with enough of a balance to outrun 911's on the track, would be nice to see this pretty car shut down some high enders like that eventually.

You can track any car you wish to, its personal preferance. Thanks for the opinion, we all needed it. This guy did very well on the track in his EP, its a momentum car.

You asked for vids you get vids: this is last track event in my current GSR setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ySA1RD6Eo

WavyIntegra 01-01-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by boostn92vx (Post 41104347)
^ Its not a race man and not about how many ppl you pass lol, its about how much you learn.. It was my first event driving RHD, and I thought I did very well. Not to mention you were running Rcomps : P

You can track any car you wish to, its personal preferance. Thanks for the opinion, we all needed it. This guy did very well on the track in his EP, its a momentum car.

You asked for vids you get vids: this is last track event in my current GSR setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ySA1RD6Eo

:thumbup: ****in NICE Man..+1500 Exp For the PORSHE PASS, Ownage, tracker to tracker I'm diggin ur drivin style, don't think you touched that brake pedal much at all and the aggression at the apex was impressive, good shit.

THAT's one WAVY INTEGRA Motor ya got there...

DaveSi677 01-01-2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by boostn92vx (Post 41104347)

No offence to you at all cause I think its you are doing just for fun... but I notice from watching over again you barely heel toe during your downshifts. Maybe its my ears that are not earing the blip of the throttle but it think it would be a good idea to learn how to do it if you don't know.

Another thing I noticed is you are a little to aggressive in some of your turn ins. You loose to much speed on them. Remember slow in fast out!

Anyways I hope you didn't get offended by my post I am just trying to help you out!

Keep it to the track buddy!

Sp00n Sp0rts 01-01-2010 06:05 PM

i would say this vid is pretty good plus its rare to see an ep3 in the circut.. props.. God Speed..

Little_Nolan 01-01-2010 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by DaveSi677 (Post 41107588)
No offence to you at all cause I think its you are doing just for fun... but I notice from watching over again you barely heel toe during your downshifts. Maybe its my ears that are not earing the blip of the throttle but it think it would be a good idea to learn how to do it if you don't know.

Another thing I noticed is you are a little to aggressive in some of your turn ins. You loose to much speed on them. Remember slow in fast out!

Anyways I hope you didn't get offended by my post I am just trying to help you out!

Keep it to the track buddy!

Not offended at all lol... this was my second event switching from RHD to LHD. I removed ABS a few days earlier along with upgrading the GSR front brakes to S2K calipers w/ 11.8" rotors, I have never tracked with out ABS and I was having difficulty finding that "thresh-hold" sweet spot. I do not regularly Heel-Toe and I wasnt trying to push my abilities with the current setup, its just not needed (you can see me lock up the brakes coming too hot into turn 1 lol).. Im learning and trying to do it properly! The car I was tracking previously was a stock RHD 4 dr. ITR, the GSR is a lot different.

20CiviC02Si 01-03-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by boostn92vx (Post 41108437)
Not offended at all lol... this was my second event switching from RHD to LHD. I removed ABS a few days earlier along with upgrading the GSR front brakes to S2K calipers w/ 11.8" rotors, I have never tracked with out ABS and I was having difficulty finding that "thresh-hold" sweet spot. I do not regularly Heel-Toe and I wasnt trying to push my abilities with the current setup, its just not needed (you can see me lock up the brakes coming too hot into turn 1 lol).. Im learning and trying to do it properly! The car I was tracking previously was a stock RHD 4 dr. ITR, the GSR is a lot different.

Seems like you're getting the hang of that car fairly well. I can't wait to go out on the track with you guys again. It was an awesome weekend!

Little_Nolan 01-03-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si (Post 41120299)
Seems like you're getting the hang of that car fairly well. I can't wait to go out on the track with you guys again. It was an awesome weekend!

Yeah man it was def. a fun event.. You better come to expo 10, Im sure it will be a blast like usual.

Hey wernt you in that mini tent lol?? that had to be the smallest tent Id ever seen, no idea how you fit in that thing.

20CiviC02Si 01-03-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by boostn92vx (Post 41123861)
Yeah man it was def. a fun event.. You better come to expo 10, Im sure it will be a blast like usual.

Hey wernt you in that mini tent lol?? that had to be the smallest tent Id ever seen, no idea how you fit in that thing.

We'll see if i have a car worth tracking come Expo10. Transmission is on the fritz and i'm not sure if i'll have it fixed before the event. I'm looking into getting a Miata and start building it little by little until it comes to be a Spec Miata race car. When i do buy it i'll be having it gutted and caged almost instantaneously. After that the suspension will be getting upgraded to SM Bilstein. Then so on from there!

Yeah that was me in the mini-tent. I still have it! And you are correct, it is the littlest tent ever! How i can sleep, let alone fit in it is one of the world's many mysteries. However i'll probably be towing whatever car i own down to the track and camping in the back of my suburban. Little more space back there! LOL! Well i hope to see you and i'll keep in touch.

Little_Nolan 01-03-2010 06:51 PM

Miatas rock... just had a new next door neighbor move in who tracks a mostly stock miata with over 200k on the original motor/trans! Good luck with your new build man. I would just keep working on the EP tho :P

Keep in touch for sure man.. you can count on me making more food and free to all use of the grill again lol.

rjmq06 01-05-2010 10:36 PM

DAMMMNNNNN I GOT INSPIRED BY THIS VIDEO
nice man really nice
ALL HAIL TO YOU MY KING
i wish i can track my car

and i notice that your using the k20a3,
i didn't know that engine had so much potential
and i think i will stick to my a3 for now and spend the money for engine upgrades instead