Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Just picked up an 04 RSX Type S for $1500

Old 12-23-2016, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an 04 RSX Type S for $1500

Hello Everyone, Just thought I would join the club since i just purchased a RSX Type S and may have a question every now and then. I just came across the car yesterday and thought it would be a good winter project/ DD. It is a one owner female owned 2004 Type S. The car is in overall very good condition for age and mileage. I have an extensive mechanical background working for subaru mostly but also honda. It is amazing how these cars hold up if taken care of. Any recommendations or advice for a new owner? Looking to give the car a once over. The clutch seems a little soft and the owner told me they had to ad fluid to the resevoir. So this suggest a master/slave issue. Other then that it seems fine. Thank You
Attached Images     
Old 12-31-2016, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Just picked up an 04 RSX Type S for $1500

I don't know if you added sexual favors to get a price like that from the former owner, but you got a great deal! How many miles on this bad boy?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

clutch master cylinders can have issues, but most of the ones i see are when running aftermarket clutches. its pretty easy to replace though, just a few nuts from inside the cabin and some lines. took maybe 30-45 minutes just ******* around. people replace them with oem cylinders from 2001-2005 honda civics.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow amazing price and the car is in very good condition. Jealous.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
I don't know if you added sexual favors to get a price like that from the former owner
Judging from the drivers seat being in like new codition, that might have been a win/win for him lol.
I'm also curious howany miles because it looks clean in and out.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry guys have not been on in a while. No sorry there were no indecent proposals to purchase the car. I did not have to please the original owner. He was a local guy who just put the car up for sale 5 minutes away from my house and advertised the clutch needed to be replaced. I found this was not the case but replaced the master/slave cylinder then bleed the system. Works like new! The car has 259k miles. I know its high but it ran excellent.I was a tech for Honda over 10 years ago so nothing really scares me. I just actually removed both from seats to clean the interior 100%. I noticed my drivers side seat would rock back and forth when driving. I stripped the seat down to the frame and re-welded it. When I had the seat cover off I re-stitched the famous area that comes un stitched. I did this to both front seats. I have them back in the car.

Other things I have done is install a Revo Short Shifter. I also found after sitting for a while my rpm's now fluctuate between 1k-2k and then will sit at 2k rpm after about 10 minutes. I cleaned the IAC but found the car was previouslly done. I then found the throttle body gasket had a big chunk missing from previous IACV repair. I ordered a new gasket.

Other then those minor isues the car runs like a raped ape! Its amazing how fun this is to drive.Im going to change plugs, trans fluid and 02 sensor and then just drive it. I currently own a 2017 WRX and like this $1500 RSX more. Thinking of selling the WRX and just running the RSX around