Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

EM2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EM2?

So I see an EG+ forum...is that where the 7thgen civic coupes belong? I kinda didn't think so 'cause it says EG/EK in the description.

Then I see a forum for DC5's and EP3's. So I'm assuming 7thgen coupes don't belong there either?

Maybe there's just not enough of us out there. Just curious. I'm assuming 7thgen coupe related questions, etc. belong in the general forums then?
Old 08-11-2003, 08:09 PM

Default Re: EM2? (SpdRcrChk)

yeah im waiting for a em2 forum on this site
Old 08-12-2003, 01:57 PM

Default Re: EM2? (mike da rippa)

Apparently there just aren't enough people out there doing major mods, or interested in modding this particular application.

Don't know why though. Aside from the crappy intake manifold they stuck us with, it seems like the D17 might have some potential if worked right....

Old 09-09-2003, 05:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdRcrChk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Apparently there just aren't enough people out there doing major mods, or interested in modding this particular application.

Don't know why though. Aside from the crappy intake manifold they stuck us with, it seems like the D17 might have some potential if worked right....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, hey Yvette.

Actually our intake manifold isn't as bad as it seems. Remember all that fuss about it on 7thgen.com? I dunno if you saw but some guy decided to make some funny looking manifold for our cars and in the end, it did nothing.

Results from bolt-ons on a D17 from what I've learned is no different than adding bolt ons to the previous D16. The best parts that make power are the headers made by HP, Kamikaze and TopSpeed which replace the stock cat with a downpipe or high flow cat. These to say the least have been the only promising bolt ons out of I/H/E.

The potential in the D17s lies in BOOST! Our engines are producing more torque than the D16s when turboed and it's been proven for quite a while thanks to the SF turbo. So far this is the best performance part for our engines and to say the least it's well worth the 3Gs. Check out what Catalyst did on 7thGen. His car ran a 13.6 on 9PSI.

I don't see many people on here with EM2s because it seemed like the people of Honda-tech just didn't like them performance-wise. To say the least, a lot of 7th Gen owners were dissatisfied, too. This supposedly drew some owners to go show but now looks like the time where the EM2 and ES3 can prove their true worth. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of this site didn't even know what the new Civic has been through as it's coming nearer to the end of it's 7th Generation. But perhaps in good time when enough 7thGens do get boosted, their worth will finally be recognized and maybe even appreciated elsewhere than 7thGenCivic.com. I wouldn't mind seeing more new Civics on this site as this place hold a lot of Honda knowledge but it doesn't matter that much to me if this site likes the new Civic or not. As long as owners know what they got under their hood, that's important IMO.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:28 AM

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to mention. Out of the newer generation of small Hondas with MacPherson suspension in the front such as the DC5, EP3 and EM2 guess which one has weight distribute closest to 60/40? The EM2, which I believe is at 59/41 or 61/39 (can't remember). It's the lightest of the 3 and it has the potential to be a great auto-X car. The Civic is really not as bad as some engine bolt-ons make it to be... but that's only if you're looking at I/H/E.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:45 AM

Well.....i for one and definitely not losing faith. And I'm definitely NOT starting all over again with another car. Guess us few...that have faith...got no choce but to stick together. I'm not goin for show...really....it's boring.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdRcrChk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Apparently there just aren't enough people out there doing major mods, or interested in modding this particular application.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

A lot of people have already boosted theirs. So yes there is a following of aftermarket parts. I just really think the new D17 is very underpowered. They gave the engine an extra few HP and TQ but I havn't seen any real performance gain. I raced a new EX 5-speed vs my fathers auto Sable and definatly beat it by a few carlengths. So I dunno, a little sketchy I say.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Re: EM2? (Neptune)

Well... it is a Civic. It's a little faster than the 6th Gens stock Vs. stock - kinda like the DC5 Type S and the DC2 GS-R. The aftermarket has finally decided to make new pistons for the engine, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more similar engine parts released in good time.

And yeah, **** show. If my car is parked outside somewhere - there's your show.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:19 AM

Pretty much the only other thread you'll find here regarding the new Civic is... here... -&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;----&gt;https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=581050
Old 09-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EM2? (SlammedBlueEM2)

Do you know the power gains of the HP headers?
Old 09-18-2003, 03:16 AM

Default Re: EM2? (EM2MoNsTeR)

14WHP.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

we need em2 section
Old 09-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">14WHP.</TD></TR></TABLE> Are you serious????Is there anywhere I can see dyno charts?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:06 PM

Default Re: EM2? (EM2MoNsTeR)

Em2 Forums!!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:48 PM

Default Re: EM2? (NytRyder2k1)

It seems that know one has the 04 civics. I have only seen one other than mine where i live. i think appearance wise it has great potential, and as for preformance i am planning on staying basic, I/H/E, then i will get a built and boosted RSX type-s conversion (years down the road). EM2 forum would be great though, cause its hard to find parts and what not, for me at least, and i think things will be easier for everyone if a forum is made.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Re:

Gotta love that agressive front end on the 04's.

But yea, like SlammedBlueEM2 says...there is great potential in FI for the EM2's.

50 shot lowered my quarter mile times a whole 2 seconds.

I'm going b00st now though.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Re: (SpdRcrChk)

wow
i had to do a couple searches to find this
had no idea people from 7thgen posted over here
i stopped comin here a while ago cause i couoldn't find iany info on our cars
i really only came here to chekc their FI classifieds to see what people were selling
but now that i'm done i can't think of much more of reason to post here
maybe a boosted D17 can get us a EM2 forum
Old 01-20-2004, 09:45 AM

HEY HEY!!

yeah it seems there are a few 7thgener's on this site. A boosted EM2 wont get us a forum, there already is one here. maybe more than ONE can get us a forum
Old 03-05-2004, 11:46 AM

Default Re: (SpdRcrChk)

Well? Where is the forum at?

Oh, and I am also on 7thgencivic.com
Old 03-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes we need a em2 forum
Old 03-08-2004, 06:15 AM

Default Re: (chocobo15_2000)

Should we ask the site admin. for one?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Honda Bob)

what are the differences between the d17 and d16 motors? i thought it was just a bump in displacement and rotating the motor 180 degrees from the EK and previous.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Re: (texnteg)

Everythign is different. Nothing from the D16 will work on the D17. Even the trans is totally different. They went to a cable tranny. The 7th generation Civics are just way too different to be catagorized with the previous generations.

Oh, and lets not forget that the suspensions is now Macpherson struts up front.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:49 AM

And the fuel system is returnless. And the intake manifold is plastic. And no intake manifold or exhaust manifold will bolt up to the new gen d series from the old gen d series. It's still OBDII though.

Not even the AFC's are easy to wire in (least not the VAFC I) You need diodes to assist in the install.

Injectors and fuel rails are different, TPS is in a different location. I can go on and on and on about all this. But basically....an EM2 forum...if there were enough knowledgeable people on here would be great.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SpdRcrChk)

ok...thanks!! i honestly thought it was an evolution like the EG to EK...with a different suspension, bumped displacement and engine turned 180 degrees. guess not. the 2004 is alot better looking too.

wait, they went from a hydro tranny to cable? hmm... kinda reverse from the integras. i guess you have a better feeling linkage though. i wonder what the reasoning was behind this.

Quick Reply: EM2?