Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

DC sports RaceHeader hinge broke off. Poor Customer Service.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DC sports RaceHeader hinge broke off. Poor Customer Service. (f1nal zeros)

if you can, can you post a picture after getting the dcrh rewelded?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will jack the car up this weekend and get a few shots of the re-welded race header.

And on a good side note, a company which will remain nameless at the moment has offered to make me a custom race header especially for my car. So my car will be the test car and we will go from there.

As time goes on I will keep you updated with dynos, pics etc. Project is set to start in a month or so.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: (f1nal zeros)

i am looking forward to that
Old 03-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99lsvtecauto)

d@@@@@@@@@@mn that sucks
Old 03-22-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re:

SAME thing happened to mine ..
lucky i jknow how to weld =P hah
Old 03-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow yeah that does suck, hope that you get that worked out.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC sports RaceHeader hinge broke off. Poor Customer Service. (f1nal zeros)

AEM/DC Sports only cares about 2 things.

1. selling products
2. Stephen Papadakis going down the track in under 7.0 secs.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:18 PM

This seems to be a very common problem with DC Sports Headers. I had a 5th Gen Prelude with a DC Sports header on it, and it cracked at the bracket that attaches to the oil pan. I took it off and put the stock manifold back on, only to have a 5 month battle with DC Sports to warranty the header. After several letters and calls, I finally got them to warranty it, ONLY to have the damn thing break again. Needless to say I will never buy another DC Sports product again.

BTW... I've since ridded myself of that prelude, saw the light, and bought an 05 RSX Type S. Best move of my life.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mexateck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtuner77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Chill Out Sweetness....................I deal with DC all day long and since AEM purchased DC Sports there quality has gone up. Just because they didn't do exactly what you wanted and send you one right away your getting all pissy about it. No company that I know of will just send a new part out without getting a good look at the damaged part. I deal with this issue almost daily with 40 different manufacturers, this is what they call a warranty that covers the quality of manufacturing not a no hassle warranty. In your right mind if you where a company and you have one kid for everyday of the week call and say there brand X part is messed up and for you to send a replacement part out at no cost to them, but that cost you the cost of the part plus shipping plus a call tag for the damaged part, how often would you think you would get screwed? Hence the reason why they wanted to see the part before they give you a new one and/or if it was inpoperly installed. My father taught me one thing....................patience is a virtue. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Gotta love these kids who always have an opposing view, most of the time just to be difficult.

The reality is that every company does have it's flaws, but any tried and true realible company knows that customer service shouldnt be. No matter what you do eventually a part is going to be made deffective b/c no one is perfect, BUT the point my man was trying to make was that when you do get shitted on by a deffective part you dont want more **** from the company that makes it. Just my .02

However, Glad to see probelm resolved

P.S. You say:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtuner77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In your right mind if you where a company and you have one kid for everyday of the week call and say there brand X part is messed up and for you to send a replacement part out at no cost to them, but that cost you the cost of the part plus shipping plus a call tag for the damaged part, how often would you think you would get screwed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

With a call a week, maybe AEM/DC needs to rethink their parts
Old 03-28-2005, 01:36 AM

Thanks for giving me the last warning I needed. I too have seen increasing numbers of posts going against not only DC but AEM's products as well. It seems since they merged, AEM's quality has gone down as well. Sucks about the whole customer support thing. I know how frustrating that kind of stuff can be. I will now be steering clear of AEM/DC Sports products. It seems that in a world with numerous forums and message boards, there would be more of an insentive for companies to not only provide quality products but quality customer service as well.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhunDrm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhunDrm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for giving me the last warning I needed. I too have seen increasing numbers of posts going against not only DC but AEM's products as well. It seems since they merged, AEM's quality has gone down as well. Sucks about the whole customer support thing. I know how frustrating that kind of stuff can be. I will now be steering clear of AEM/DC Sports products. It seems that in a world with numerous forums and message boards, there would be more of an insentive for companies to not only provide quality products but quality customer service as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I can just warn one person on how dc/em treats thier customers then I have done my job. On a good note I have warned many people regarding thier service and 12 people have since decided to go with another company when it comes to header/s and many more to come.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FAAARRKK!! I just bought my dcrh! At least I bought mine second hand and paid only $200. Actually, I heard of this before but also heard that esmm help eliminate the problem. Guess not. Sorry to hear that man.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ecsahs3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ecsahs3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FAAARRKK!! I just bought my dcrh! At least I bought mine second hand and paid only $200. Actually, I heard of this before but also heard that esmm help eliminate the problem. Guess not. Sorry to hear that man. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesnt eliminate the problem. I regret getting the DCRH, should have coughed up the extra hundred dollars and went with toda.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people often knock the other brands such as comptech or toda.. prime example...

sorry about your prob bud.....
Old 03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HotWheelz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HotWheelz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">people often knock the other brands such as comptech or toda.. prime example...

sorry about your prob bud.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true. Well you live and you learn.
This little situation just allowed me to warn many others about how they treat thier so called customers.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What i find to be incredibly bizarre is the fact that the 2 people claiming to represent or speak for DC/AEM are in here basically slandering one of their OWN CUSTOMERS (claiming it was a bad install, that it wouldnt have happened IF, and so on and so forth)...this is a HORRIBLE business practice, and if you guys do in fact represent the company on whatever level, i would certainly hope someone in higher management finds out about your words.

This situation COULD have been the cause of a bad install, but it also COULD have been because of a faulty product, and in the situation where you have a company vs. a customer on a product failure, proper and good business practice is that "The customer is always right"...this shows me something, that not only is the customer intimacy and service questionable, but so is the ethical standpoint. You sit here slandering this guy, someone who spent good money on a part for his car because he THOUGHT he was getting a good product, and not only do you slander him, but you ADMIT to shipping a product without the proper pieces to install it...what is that about?

Bottom line...being partner on a private business myself and working for over 7 years with a family business full time, i can tell you that this kind of unethical treatment will lead to loss of sales, and you may think "Oh this one kid, it doesnt matter..." but snowball effect applies to ANY company, regardless of size...and if you doubt it will work, just try it...keep treating customers like this, and keep talking like this and watch how fast word spreads...watch how fast people will flee from DC/AEM and spend a little more on a better product...with hopefully better customer service.

Im actually currently checking with the BBB to see what kind of things can be filed in this case, and trust me, you think that im bluffing, business ethics are very important to me, and since im in the field, i know the ropes and i know who you do and DONT want to **** with. The BBB is one of those that dont play games when it comes to treating customers like ****...final Zero's, i would suggest you do the same, and do what you can to let them know that their decision to be rude and unhelpful will result in more than just loss of sales if they are in fact part of the better business bureau.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hypnosisracing)

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
What i find to be incredibly bizarre is the fact that the 2 people claiming to represent or speak for DC/AEM are in here basically slandering one of their OWN CUSTOMERS (claiming it was a bad install, that it wouldnt have happened IF, and so on and so forth)...this is a HORRIBLE business practice, and if you guys do in fact represent the company on whatever level, i would certainly hope someone in higher management finds out about your words.

This situation COULD have been the cause of a bad install, but it also COULD have been because of a faulty product, and in the situation where you have a company vs. a customer on a product failure, proper and good business practice is that "The customer is always right"...this shows me something, that not only is the customer intimacy and service questionable, but so is the ethical standpoint. You sit here slandering this guy, someone who spent good money on a part for his car because he THOUGHT he was getting a good product, and not only do you slander him, but you ADMIT to shipping a product without the proper pieces to install it...what is that about?

Bottom line...being partner on a private business myself and working for over 7 years with a family business full time, i can tell you that this kind of unethical treatment will lead to loss of sales, and you may think "Oh this one kid, it doesnt matter..." but snowball effect applies to ANY company, regardless of size...and if you doubt it will work, just try it...keep treating customers like this, and keep talking like this and watch how fast word spreads...watch how fast people will flee from DC/AEM and spend a little more on a better product...with hopefully better customer service.
I too work for a family business for over 9 years. I know how to treat a customer and what to do should a problem occur, and one of those things not to do is be rude to a customer.
Like I said I tried to work with them, but from the start of the conversation with both the sales person and the warranty department I was given attitude and disbelief that this would ever happen to thier product. They were almost accusing me of breaking it myself. Now tell me why I would purposely break an item I spent money on? I don't have cash to just throw away.
I was willing to work with dc/aem sports in the beginning but I was treated like crap. I was given no date of when they would inspect it nor any type of actual help.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im actually currently checking with the BBB to see what kind of things can be filed in this case, and trust me, you think that im bluffing, business ethics are very important to me, and since im in the field, i know the ropes and i know who you do and DONT want to **** with. The BBB is one of those that dont play games when it comes to treating customers like ****...final Zero's, i would suggest you do the same, and do what you can to let them know that their decision to be rude and unhelpful will result in more than just loss of sales if they are in fact part of the better business bureau.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will look into that as well. I appreciate your comments as well.
I have been warning people on many forums regarding DC/AEM sports customer service and products. I have had many people tell me of the same problem happening to them as well, along with the same crappy customer service given to them.
I have had even more people tell me of thier decision not to buy from them as well. Word of mouth does wonders when you give plenty of information.
Like you said it is a snow ball effect that will only get bigger and bigger.
They could have opted to help me from the beginning or even have actually cared what I had to say, but they decided to more or less blow me off. What could have been fixed in a week or so, has turned into a bigger problem.
I will look into making a complaint to the BBB as well. I will also notify the other members who have had the same problem happen to them to file a complaint.

Like I said earlier, customer service is key to a successful business.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Re: (kickz)

Just because its mugen doesnt mean its going to be perfect. My mugen 4-1 makes a nasty resonance at 3-4k while under load ALL the time EVERY time. I called mugen and they just said, thats how it is.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (AamirCWITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AamirCWITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just because its mugen doesnt mean its going to be perfect. My mugen 4-1 makes a nasty resonance at 3-4k while under load ALL the time EVERY time. I called mugen and they just said, thats how it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here is the funny thing, at least mugen gave you an explination.
DC/AEM didnt even do that.
I would be more then happy with a resonance at 3-4k, rather then a broken header and no customer service.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (kickz)

you prolly had bad motor mounts and your motor was moving around too much when you gettin crunk on that bitch
Old 04-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (delpoop!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delpoop! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you prolly had bad motor mounts and your motor was moving around too much when you gettin crunk on that bitch </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope motor mounts were good. Enjo motor mounts are pretty good.
And this problem has happend to many many people. Most had the ESMM like they recommended ands some had the enjo's. So the mm are not the problem. Poor customer service was the problem followed by thier quality.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (f1nal zeros)

The customer is always right...period...
Old 04-25-2005, 04:24 PM

Contact the BBB. DC is pure garbage. You'll find TONS of reports of welds breaking on their headers and their catbacks. It's only fitting that their customer service is just as terrible as their quality.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Since that post I have found even more kids with the same problem.

I even had a kid tell me that he called DC regarding if the header would fit a base model. He was told ' how the hell should I know, just look at the website." then was hung up on.

Oh yeah DC/AEM customer service is so far in the garbage.

I am still against DC/AEM and refuse to buy any products from them and I am spreading the word as well.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC sports RaceHeader hinge broke off. Poor Customer Service.

DC in my country dont even have warranty.

Quick Reply: DC sports RaceHeader hinge broke off. Poor Customer Service.