Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course

Hi all, I'll be heading to the tracks (road course) this weekend and I was wondering what settings others are running for the tracks:

Front Camber - with the Mcphersons upfront, I would think I need a bit more aggressive neg. camber in the front to compensate? I dont have the rear camber kit so I'll have to leave it as it is but my car isn't lowered too much on the FLT-A2s so the rear's still ok...

Toe - I believe many are running 1/8" out which Im gonna try..

Tire Pressure F/R - I dont remember exactly, but I think I read somewhere about lowering the pressures a little since it'll increase with the heating up of the tires? Or should I just run with my current pressures for the streets (cold - F35/R37)?

Any suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks

Modified by CH-02DC5 at 1:44 PM 7/17/2003
Old 07-17-2003, 09:42 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course (CH-02DC5)

If its your first time out dont worry about it. Just keep an eye on tire pressure and the tread and you'll be fine.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If its your first time out dont worry about it. Just keep an eye on tire pressure and the tread and you'll be fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, its my first time out

by keeping an eye on the tire pressure and tread, what sort of things should I look for specifically? like if the tires are rollin over then add a little, etc?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course (CH-02DC5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CH-02DC5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi all, I'll be heading to the tracks (road course) this weekend and I was wondering what settings others are running for the tracks:

Front Camber - with the Mcphersons upfront, I would think I need a bit more aggressive neg. camber in the front to compensate? I dont have the rear camber kit so I'll have to leave it as it is but my car isn't lowered too much on the FLT-A2s so the rear's still ok...

Toe - I believe many are running 1/8" out which Im gonna try..

Tire Pressure F/R - I dont remember exactly, but I think I read somewhere about lowering the pressures a little since it'll increase with the heating up of the tires? Or should I just run with my current pressures for the streets (cold - F35/R37)?

Any suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks

Modified by CH-02DC5 at 1:44 PM 7/17/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

mac struts by design try to maintain neutral camber at all points in the suspension travel. they only trend towards positive camber at the very limit of the suspension. I would say about -1 would be adequate for a beginner.

1/8 toe out is great for turns, but it makes the car a bit twitchier in a straight line.

everyone has their own formula for tire pressures. just find what works and stick to it.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course (chunky)

keep an eye on tire wear on the outsides & center of tread to read both inflation and camber. also, check for rollover on the sidwall. keep in mind your hot pressure after the tires warm up may be few degrees higher than what you set them at while cold in the pits.

there are a few set up sheets here:
http://www.theracersmall.com/print1.htm

don't forget to take pics if you can and post em so we can see.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course (George Knighton)

I would suggest starting the pressures in the lower 30's like 33 or 34. depending on which way you are turning most of the time will determine which tires will heat up more. Do your first run and then before the tires cool down put all your tires to 40 psi. The next run set-up should be a little better. And you know the more times you drive the track the faster you go so the hotter the tires get. the thing about street tires if you over heat them its like they are cold. You can always tweek with the pressures. It all depends on how hard you run. Almost every tire i have ever used is the best at around 40 psi. And this is with street tires. slicks get a little hotter so the pressures jump a little higher
Old 07-18-2003, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course

Thanks for all the advices
I'll keep them in mind and keep my eyes on the tires

Im running JIC FLT-A2, w/ yoko AVS-ES100's
before I installed the coilovers, I was trying out different tire pressures and liked the feel of the current pressures... gives the rear a tiny more rotation in turns
Old 07-18-2003, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Camber, Toe, & Tire Pressure Settings for Road Course (F1HONDA)

Thanks for the setup sheets, they might come in handy

And I'll for sure take pics and share them w/ all of u when I get back