Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Which brand brake kits is better?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which brand brake kits is better?

I am looking for a whole suit of brake kits for my 04 EP3. but no idea which brand company is better? anyone can give me a recommend? or some your guys experience want to share?

I heared there are two brand which have a good feedback: Brembo and spoon. Most of my friend said Brembo can handle a pretty performance only when set it on the Germany cars, and Spoon is like perfect on Japan's car, is that ture?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Which brand brake kits is better? (MRkoo)

This all depends what ur going to do with the car.

Brambo would be a good choice if you pushing the car and braking hard 80% of the time your driving.
The reason i say this is because when Infiniti came out with brambo on the G35 the experienced a huge problem. People who owned the car never pushed the car thus never braking hard or even using the brakes, in turn the brakes needed to be serviced because the brakes NEED to be USED!! not PAMPERED . So when the time came for the brakes to kick in they were completly useless. That is why the new G35 doesnt come with Brambo breakes.. Infiniti learned the hard way... They had a **** load of customers complaining about this a year ago.

I dont know anything about the spoon brake kit so maybe someone else can answer that for u.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Which brand brake kits is better? (Sephiroth)

well, I just use the car for daily driving, but I realized the factory brake is so soft, some time can't brake the car, so one side, i want the car have a harder brake feeling, and the other side, my factory brake pad is going to run out , so just want change a better brake kits which can give me more confidence and safety to drive.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which brand brake kits is better? (MRkoo)

Unless you're going to track it and drop 2000$ into a brake system... Do not waste your money on a "kit" All the kits are is bling bling... if your brakes can lock up your wheels, then it's dependent on your tires. Better tires help more than anything, stickier the better.

Just get better pads, change your fluid often with good fluid (HRPworld.com is a good place for ATE fluid), And if necessary get yourelf some new rotors, the cheap autozone 25$ a pair ones will work just as well as the 200$ slotted/drilled ones for DD purposes.

Stainless Steel Brake lines for ~100$ give you a better pedal feel. But changing your fluid every 6 months will give you the best stiff pedal feel.

Old 06-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which brand brake kits is better? (Ocelaris)

ya, I'd do some Axxis Ultimates, ATE Blue and stainless lines in your situation. If your rotors are fine, being an 04, you can save some money keeping your stock ones. No need for slotted or drilled. You'd be happy feeling a difference from stock no doubt! If you ever get on track, just swap out the Ultimates for some Cobalt GT's all around and do a quick bleed at all for corners and your good to go.

-Victor
Old 06-12-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Which brand brake kits is better? (Ocelaris)

so, if i just change a bigger rotor it is useless you mean?