Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with CHP inspection for salvaged cars, need help thanks

Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Anyone have experience with CHP inspection for salvaged cars, need help thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with CHP inspection for salvaged cars, need help thanks

Yes i need to clear CHP so i can get my plates

Ill buy or borrow (cash in hand)
No stolen parts please thank you

Need:

1) SSM front bumper
- Trade you my front bumper temporarily.
2) Passenger side door (body shop threw away my real door /w vin replaced with door painted over VIN, sucks for me)
- Willing to trade for a day or week. Give you deposit + cash for your trouble, etc work it out.
OR
- Buy SSM outer shell only or full door if the price is right.

3) Ebony (black) driver and passenger side door
- Buy anyones airbags
OR
- Borrow your airbags give you reasonable deposit + cash for your trouble.
OR

I have gotten extensions, but im getting tired of being flagged down by cops Thanks!

What does CHP do when they inspect your car? Need to know ASAP or i cant get Insurance.

1)Passenger side door had the vin# painted over and my original door trashed by body shop.

2)Front bumper has no vin (not a biggie)

3)Missing both front airbags (planning on purchasing it from ebay.. should i ask seller if airbags come with the original vin# of the car it came from?)

4)SRS light & ABS light on. (ABS light on because wire was snapped or something)

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton

youe going to need brake and light, all vins numbers must be in there propper place. srs lights must not be on same as abs. Receipts for all new parts bought.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">youe going to need brake and light, all vins numbers must be in there propper place. srs lights must not be on same as abs. Receipts for all new parts bought.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks. i got the brake and light, got vin # for everything except the passenger side door. Body shop threw away my original door and the replacement door does not have a vin#
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 PM

You wouldn't by any chance be Will would you lol

If you are, then what's up it's me Jess. I might be able to help you out with the VIN thing. Hit me up if you still have my number, I could prolie help you out with everything else
Old 06-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dis_epix3)

For the door if it has no vin on it and you have no receipt to show proof you bought it from a junkyard or dealer they will straight unbolt your door and keep it. You are better off buying a wrecked door from a junkyard with receipt just for chp vin check. Also your airbags must be working. You can not just disconnect the bulb either because they will check that it comes on and turns itself off while the key is in ON position.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: (JDMk20R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMk20R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You wouldn't by any chance be Will would you lol

If you are, then what's up it's me Jess. I might be able to help you out with the VIN thing. Hit me up if you still have my number, I could prolie help you out with everything else </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah its will.. i need to get this done yesterday ill hit u up in a bit thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vivid 02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the door if it has no vin on it and you have no receipt to show proof you bought it from a junkyard or dealer they will straight unbolt your door and keep it. You are better off buying a wrecked door from a junkyard with receipt just for chp vin check. Also your airbags must be working. You can not just disconnect the bulb either because they will check that it comes on and turns itself off while the key is in ON position. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the info man.. Ive actually heard mixed stories from unbolting the door and keeping it to impounding the car. Didn't know about the SRS light thing also..
Old 06-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I build cars from the auction. The chp in downtown la are real picky whel it comes to hondas. They even counted the 8 sec the srs light stays on then goes off. There on to wireing it to the check engine lights. They won't keep your door but won't pass you to you get the reciept or proof of purchase. I had this problem when I did a 99 gsr but used 95 parts. I did not think they would trip. So I wrote myself a receipt.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

i appreciate the info, but could you clarify what i could do about my passenger side door without a vin #. Its pretty much hopeless to take it to CHP correct?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No, its not against the law to have it. You just need a receipt for it. The car was stripped so the doors were taken. They know this. There making sure that your not putting stolen parts on the car. Or commenting insurance fraud. Or your going to need a letter from the paint shop saying that they f uped. is the sticker still on the door?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Anyone have experience with CHP inspection for salvaged cars, need help thanks

Hello, my drivers door vin doesnt match my hood and engine, what will happen will it be taken away if I have no reciept , I got the car from dealer.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Anyone have experience with CHP inspection for salvaged cars, need help thanks

Originally Posted by JDMk20R View Post
You wouldn't by any chance be Will would you lol

If you are, then what's up it's me Jess. I might be able to help you out with the VIN thing. Hit me up if you still have my number, I could prolie help you out with everything else
i need a reciept for my door it has a vin , what to do?