Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Acura RSX Type S k24 swap question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura RSX Type S k24 swap question?

Hi I was wondering if anybody knew what you need to run a k24 from the accord into a rsx type s chassis? Is it plug & play? Can you still run the type S ecu or would you have to change to a k24 ecu? Because I know for the ep3 chassis when swapping to a k20a2 you'll need the ecu atleast from what I've read. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 AM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Acura RSX Type S k24 swap question?

you really haven't searched much at all have you..... I'm not being a dick I'm being honest. You prove to me you've done some good searching and I'd be glad to answer all your technical question... My k24 swap knowledge is insane
Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by delbert
Hi I was wondering if anybody knew what you need to run a k24 from the accord into a rsx type s chassis? Is it plug & play? Can you still run the type S ecu or would you have to change to a k24 ecu? Because I know for the ep3 chassis when swapping to a k20a2 you'll need the ecu atleast from what I've read. Thanks.
It's pretty much plug and play. You'll need the crv passenger mount and you can run your type s Ecu but would need to run kpro or get the k24 Ecu and immobolizer bypass to run right. Everything else should transfer over (assesories) minus misc things. You may have to swap some sensors as well. Good luck
Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Type-Spaz
you really haven't searched much at all have you..... I'm not being a dick I'm being honest. You prove to me you've done some good searching and I'd be glad to answer all your technical question... My k24 swap knowledge is insane
honestly I was searching around on google and etc..the information I wanted wasn't really there. I'm not all that great with kseries yet. Would throttle bodys be changed or no? Because I know that the k20z3 Si I think is electronic and some K's?. All I really want to know is what will be needed to swap a k24 accord in. sensors, throttle bodys, etc. thanks.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pennies_hatchie
It's pretty much plug and play. You'll need the crv passenger mount and you can run your type s Ecu but would need to run kpro or get the k24 Ecu and immobolizer bypass to run right. Everything else should transfer over (assesories) minus misc things. You may have to swap some sensors as well. Good luck
alright thanks. i'm just gathering infomation. i'm going to be doing this swap soon. hopefully it isn't much of a hassle.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM

you will need kpro.
You will also need to run your throttle body, you'll want to also pick up an unmodified RBC intake manifold with karcepts adapter to make using your intake as close to the same as possible.
You will need to swap over some of your sensors like crank sensor and knock sensor.
You will also need to swap over your accessories like water pump, ac, ps etc.
You will need the CR-V timing bracket. and some other misc little things.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you will need kpro.
You will also need to run your throttle body, you'll want to also pick up an unmodified RBC intake manifold with karcepts adapter to make using your intake as close to the same as possible.
You will need to swap over some of your sensors like crank sensor and knock sensor.
You will also need to swap over your accessories like water pump, ac, ps etc.
You will need the CR-V timing bracket. and some other misc little things.
So what if I go on the budget wise and run the accord intake manifold still? It wouldn't have clearing issues will it? And the type S ecu will run the k24 right? Are the engine harnesses alike? I'm assuming not because you have to swap a couple sensors? Sorry if i'm asking too much.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what if I go on the budget wise and run the accord intake manifold still? It wouldn't have clearing issues will it? And the type S ecu will run the k24 right? Are the engine harnesses alike? I'm assuming not because you have to swap a couple sensors? Sorry if i'm asking too much.
visit k20a.org

all your ???? will be there if you search
Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 AM

If you want to kill that engine quickly sure go for it and use the Type-S ECU.... The k20 and the k24 are two completely different engines ESPECIALLY the k24 from an accord.

Different tunes, different cams, pistons, rods, crank, clearances, k20a2 has vtec on both cams verse the accord with only vtec on one cam, the list goes on and on man.

You can't put engine swap and CHEAP in the same sentence especially if you aren't swapping apples for apples.

You can run the accord manifold you just need to make a custom intake for yourself then.

I'm not being a dick and I'm one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people ever but truly I don't think you are searching for these questions you ask... I don't mind answering questions but make them tough ones that I don't see EVERY day as the K24 swap become more and more popular.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 AM

let me ask you this.... WHY are you swapping to an Accord K24?
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pennies_hatchie
visit k20a.org

all your ???? will be there if you search
I've looked. I usually come to old threads when the kseries started becoming popular and people say different things. I know bseries from the back of my head. A couple Q's wouldn't hurt would they?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want to kill that engine quickly sure go for it and use the Type-S ECU.... The k20 and the k24 are two completely different engines ESPECIALLY the k24 from an accord.

Different tunes, different cams, pistons, rods, crank, clearances, k20a2 has vtec on both cams verse the accord with only vtec on one cam, the list goes on and on man.

You can't put engine swap and CHEAP in the same sentence especially if you aren't swapping apples for apples.

You can run the accord manifold you just need to make a custom intake for yourself then.

I'm not being a dick and I'm one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people ever but truly I don't think you are searching for these questions you ask... I don't mind answering questions but make them tough ones that I don't see EVERY day as the K24 swap become more and more popular.
Yes I know that about both motors run different maps, compression, etc. I think I know enough about the motors difference itself. I just have never done a k24 swap into a rsx. I see that the crv passenger mount is required for this swap because it is shorter or something. I'm not trying to sound like a dumbass or anything but it was just something I couldn't find. I have a couple of friends who are kswap over here so it isn't something new to me really. Thanks for the info though I think that'll be all the info I'll need hopefully?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

let me ask you this.... WHY are you swapping to an Accord K24?
It's for my brother in law, He blew his type S.