Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

2007 rsx redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Mugen223)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugen223 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm... are you sure about your statement? From what I recall, none of the lexus of its class so far can beat same class vehicle in the Acura Line. Not that I am bias on anything, but its the fact. Maybe the luxury part Lexus can win, but performance, to beat Acura/Honda? I don't think so. Even the SC430 can lose to RSX Type-S with the difference of a split second despite its Lexus V6 engine. Even the 300hp Lexus LX 430 has trouble over taking the RSX Type-S, due to its weight and performance. The newly re-design RL can definatly smoke the current LX 430 comparing the same class. The new TL can smoke the new ES300 without even trying. The TSX can take the IS300 face to face no prblem. Supposely the RSX Type-S rival is the latest Celica GT-S.... sadly the RSX Type-S out performs the Celica too much and the RSX Type-R(Integra Type-R DC5) kills almost all rivals in its class which made it won the world's number 1 ranking of world's fastest FWD vehicle in 2002. And remember, most of Honda's technology are based on 4 cyclinder engines, FWDs. Lexus has advantage with all V6 and RWDs. Comparing performance wise between Acura and Lexus, Lexus is still one level away to catch.
Did you say infinity? Well I got to admit that infinity definatly got some muscles built up over the past recent years, because it was bought by the French, because Actual Nissan went bankurupcy due to its poor economic sales, designs and technology. Now its a new challenge, great power, decent luxury, but have problem lasting long.
What? BMW? Ofcourse, the only rival that Honda seems to have problem with. Powerful, great performance, and luxy, what else can you ask more of? It got everything.... even the bills is great.
You see, the fact is the world's best engine technology comes Honda as first place with its high performance i-VTEC technology, fuel saver and ultra low pollution output, Second comes BMW with its unique VVCT (VANOS) technology, high perfomance output, high torque output. And the rest are just unique engines they name it their way, example Toyota/Lexus VVT-i engine that still looses power on high end revving, Ford's ZTEC engine which is not popular and Mazda Rotary Engine, it did won engine of the year in 2003, and so on blah blah blah....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who are you?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: (Stewie)

I am.... a person. Wassup? What can I do for ya~
Old 12-18-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: 2007 rsx redesign? (stickyfingers)

I don't think the RSX will be discontinued. It's still underwater, even if you are an Honda Techician. Even if they decides to discontinue, they will discontuned its RSX market in USA, but I doubt that because they made good sales on high performance entry level cars in the States. Usually they discontinue models when they made awful bad sales, and lost potential in the market like the last generation celica GTS. If they discontinued RSX, that means there will be no future Type-Rs, and Type-R is Honda's unique traits, thats just too impossible to be true.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 rsx redesign? (magmet_DC5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by magmet_DC5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Edmunds says that the RSX will be a complete redesign for '07

http://www.edmunds.com/insidel....html

Don't be surprised if the put in SH-AWD from the RDX </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya i read that too and i remember hearing about it from another creditable source that the RSX will be redesigned...maybe we should tap into JDM world because if the RSX is changing here that means its changing in japan as well, and yes 06 is the last year for the the s2k... my homie just bought a brand new s2k and the dealer told him that it is the last year but that a replacement will come within 4 years...btw redline and horsepower is dropped a lil bit on the s2k for 06, thought that might interest anyone
Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 AM

rsx is not going to be around anymore

tsx is the new version for acura
Old 12-19-2005, 11:30 AM

i have a buddy that works at acura and they dont even tell their employee's whats going on, they like to keep everything secret til the last second
Old 12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrDFWmechanic)

bring only the type R
that would be nice
Old 12-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what r u guys talking about. Dealerships dont know ****! I worked at one so you cant bag on me. My VW/Audi sales manager gets all kinds of info from VW/Audi. That doesnt mean every info is true. He told me last year that the RS4 was gonna be out this year but is it? no. He told me VW was coming out with a 300hp R32 in the states, but thats not true. So its all mere speculation. Some is true some is not.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

would be nice if the Type-R came but you know its gonna cost like $30,000. The 98,00,01 or was it 97,99,00? Type-R's cost $28,000 when they came out.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NVS_RSX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVS_RSX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would be nice if the Type-R came but you know its gonna cost like $30,000. The 98,00,01 or was it 97,99,00? Type-R's cost $28,000 when they came out.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-20-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: (euromx)

TSX is TSX, RSX is RSX, the two cannot be replace between each others. TSX is a slight bigger vehicle than RSX with 400cc bigger engine. TSX is the Japan Honda Accord Version and will not be putted under Integras (even if they decided to manufacture 2-door TSX- *highly doubt they will make 2-door TSX*). Why would Honda dicides to change the name from Integra to RSX for only 5 yrs of usage? It just doesn't make any sense to me that RSX will be discontinued, and I don't know where you guys heard about the rumors.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 PM

I agree with you NVS_RSX. Dealership don't know any ****. Sometimes they don't even know what they are selling. Even if you are a tech, you are merely a tech, one of Honda's corporate minions, sorry but thats true. You won't know the fact unless you work for the corporate office/corporate division of Engineering and designs. So everyone stop quoting that RSX will be discontinued. No one knows for sure now, no one knows the future.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:14 AM
New User

i thought they were not making anymore rsx 2006 is the last year but they are making the tsx two door
Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: (miaep3)

i dont know that much about the 07 except for what http://www.insideline.com said, they said they are doing a total redesign inside and out with a new motor, so no one really knows as much as people think they know about the 07 rsx. so the only choice we have is to wait for an announcement from honda.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: (mrDFWmechanic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrDFWmechanic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a buddy that works at acura and they dont even tell their employee's whats going on, they like to keep everything secret til the last second</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's very right...They don't tell us jack. Las Quarter we got a hint of new information about the NSX that honda is planning to build. Word has it that they're taking it off the market for 2 years and reintroducing it with a V10. It will be a cold day in hell when I see that on the road. As for the RSX, we've recieved so much hearsay that nothing is acurate (no pun intended) anymore.

(And yes, if you were wondering, i DID spell that wrong on purpose)
Old 12-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

RS4 is coming, and the VW R36 is coming too. RS4 next year (http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...0503_audi_rs4/)

R36 about 18months or so from now....it's all over VWVortex.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVS_RSX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what r u guys talking about. Dealerships dont know ****! I worked at one so you cant bag on me. My VW/Audi sales manager gets all kinds of info from VW/Audi. That doesnt mean every info is true. He told me last year that the RS4 was gonna be out this year but is it? no. He told me VW was coming out with a 300hp R32 in the states, but thats not true. So its all mere speculation. Some is true some is not.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so if R's came out again, and they were going for $30k than would you rather get that or an s2k???
Old 12-29-2005, 04:38 PM

i can tell you for almost certain there will be another s2000. i'm studying industrial design and just took a Honda sponsored transportation design studio. Our school and select others from around the country that were sponsored by honda were given different problem statements. Ours was to design an Acura crossover vehicle for 2015. They were telling us that two other schools had the assignment of redesigning the s2000. I'm not saying that they are going to take a student's design, but i know for damn sure that they are using it to get some ideas (they also observe and recruit designers from these sponsored studios). When we had our critique at the end the quarter and reps from honda came in, they try to stay quiet about model releases/redesigns, but its inevitable that they start talking about things.

as for the rsx, i've heard that it will be discontinued, and the tsx will have a 2-door option as the replacement.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (swoosher21)

i can't imagine the integra being discontinued
Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (swoosher21)

2 door tsx?? hmmm that would be pretty tyte. i like the design of the s2000's now, i can't imagine a new design. we'll have to see...
Old 01-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVS_RSX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would be nice if the Type-R came but you know its gonna cost like $30,000. The 98,00,01 or was it 97,99,00? Type-R's cost $28,000 when they came out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What planet are you from? They were nowhere near that much unless you paid the dealer markup for one

The RSX wont go anywhere --- if anything it will only get better with an R version

I have seen the Mugen version of the Ferio and it looks like a mini EVO with a supercharged K motor 300 or so hp --- if that came stateside --- wow

HOA has to spice things up in their line ----enter the Si
IF Acura has a tough time selling RSX's --- enter the R

They have these tools at their disposal --- it will just be a matter of timing and how well the new Si sells

Old 01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SergEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SergEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What planet are you from? They were nowhere near that much unless you paid the dealer markup for one

The RSX wont go anywhere --- if anything it will only get better with an R version

I have seen the Mugen version of the Ferio and it looks like a mini EVO with a supercharged K motor 300 or so hp --- if that came stateside --- wow

HOA has to spice things up in their line ----enter the Si
IF Acura has a tough time selling RSX's --- enter the R

They have these tools at their disposal --- it will just be a matter of timing and how well the new Si sells

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im from planet earth. Last time I remember I was looking for GSR's with my bro in 1999 and the Type-R's were running $27000-28000 not taxed or marked up. Pretty much the same price as the prelude was. The GSR was going for 23-24k

S2000 is an awesome car but I'd rather buy one used. For $34k I'd get a Beemer. My friend bought a 03 S2000 with 15k for only $25,000 taxed. So hopefully the RSX stays and just gets remodeled a bit. Sad to see the car industries remodeling cars so much nowadays. the DC2 lasted 8yrs before it time was over.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 AM

It's obvious that the Si can replace the RSX. I think Honda wants to hand the performance only cars to Honda and leave Acura with the old people stuff.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: (SergEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SergEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats just a prototype....
Old 01-02-2006, 11:28 PM
AP1
Honda-Tech Member

No offense to you err Mugen223, but you compared Acura and Lexus in a very well....idiotic way.

Before I get started, Acura makes wonderful cars. Know this. I am not ragging on Acura, merely this idiots statements.

Lexus owns the luxury market as far as Japanese cars in the United States goes. You compared the cars in performance. What teh hell does Lexus or Toyota for that matter need to prove through acceleration and performance? They make the best and most reliable cars on the road, you dumbass. Thats why they stay number one. Yes the Acura will outperform the lexus, but who the fvck cares, the lexus does more than complete its purpose, with utter style, flare, and elegance.

Toyota doesn't have to prove anything as far as sports cars go. We all know they are more than capable of producing top tier sports cars.

Get over your stupid mental state thinking everything is geared towards performance. Not everyone is you, fvckhead.

Man, i swear, some people on this forum are so fvcking stupid. Sorry for the rant guys

Quick Reply: 2007 rsx redesign?