Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

04 ep3/civic Si hatch with HFP bizzaro questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 ep3/civic Si hatch with HFP bizzaro questions.

Bought an 04 ep3 with 80k miles, with a HFP kit installed by the dealer when it was new. I can't really seem to find a ton of info on the specifics.
Two main questions.
1: missing a fog light, did these cars have a fog light option from the factory? The switch looks IDENTICAL to an oem Honda fog switch... Or was this just a good kit install?
2: The seat side SRS plugs have nothing to plug into... Hence I always have the airbag/SRS light on. Took out the seats to do a system /amp install, I couldn't find anything to plug them into, like someone either cut or cleverly hid the car side connector for both seat side airbags.... This is where it also gets interesting. The front seats, on both sides, the rear inner (toward the console not the door) bolts are gone and the holes, both on the seat bracket as well as the car, are filled with JB weld!? Wtf??? Does this make any sense to anyone? Like has anyone ever heard or seen of anything like this? I can't imagine but am hoping it's just something you do when doing a mod or some shiz??? So bizarre... I tried to contact the buyer in a friendly manner, just like hey man just wondering, not upset or anything just hoping you could tell me what happened... Obviously never heard from him again....
​​​​​​Super random stuff, thanks guys!
Will post pics if it will help.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 04 ep3/civic Si hatch with HFP bizzaro questions.

Sounds like the seats are not original. What do they look like? Are you familiar with OEM EP3 seats? (they are grey or faded to green mesh with black suede sides and red stitching) Very few EP3s came with fog lights from the factory, but it was an option, and should look similar to the cruise control button. Please take pictures of the seats and your dash with this button. You may not have an OEM bumper, which would explain a missing fog light set but present switch and wiring.

Verify you are in fact driving an 04? shuld have 5 lug wheels. The 02-03 did not have side air bags and 4 lug wheels, and the seats may be swapped. The date of manufacturer is on a sticker on the passenger side door or door jam.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll take some pics soon. Def an 04, has 5x114.3 wheels, pretty sure the seats are stock as they match your description.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be waiting.

In the mean time, when you do find your SRS plugs, cut or otherwise, a 2.2 ohm resistor on the wires will cancel that airbag light
Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man, hoping I can find the wires (and hopefully plugs /connectors) and just reconnect. Seems like they would be a useful feature haha.