Notices
Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

Would you buy NEW NSX?

Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Would you buy NEW NSX?

Originally Posted by alphalanos
agree. when I hear hybrid i just lose all interest. lets hope it proves that wrong.
Originally Posted by FlewByU352
My biggest gripe is the hybrid part of it. Ok let's be real here you buy a supercar for performance and styling, not for gas mileage. The hybrid part of it just makes it seem so dull. The HSV idea was much better IMO.
Both of you guys need to go and drive the new M35 Hybrid from Infiniti. When its set in econo box mode, that's what it feels like. But in sport mode, it feels like a beast. The pull is like a V8 because of the assisted acceleration. The handling is even better. It uses the electric motors to to help turn in and accelerate out of corners.

I am 100% sure that the NSX will be 100x better then the M35 H. Especially reading articles about the new Hybrid system coming out from Honda, where it uses the motors to help the V6 feel like a V8. And the handling will be even more unbelievable.

Originally Posted by MiraiZ
You guys have to get the notion out of your heads that all hybrids are and always going to be econoboxes like the Prius. The Prius is a piece of crap compared to the way Honda does hybrids. The electric motor in a Honda hybrid acts more like an electric supercharger, unlike the half gasoline half electric car that the Prius is laid out to be.

This means that the new NSX is going to have and unbelievable amount of low end torque. The CRZ was a test of this technology, and it works well. The only thing that the CRZ didn't have working for it that the NSX will, is that the NSX is going to have a much more powerful engine and (I believe) two powerful electric motors. Honda doesn't do things half assed like Toyota does especially with their flag ship car. It's gonna be awesome.
+1
I can't wait to see and drive this car. Sure the design is different from the previous generation and I love the previous generation. But the previous generation was basically an 80's design produced through the 90's. It's time for something new.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4f_B_Doc
As an nsx owner I wouldnt buy this new nsx. My main reason is it not Japanese made. Our quality control standards and theirs are totally different. Too me I would no feel confident in the reliability of it.
As an NSX owner, I would buy the new NSX. I subscribe to Honda's visionary direction toward the fusion of high technology/fuel economy, and high performance. The only thing I don't like is the exorbitant dealer premiums that will be associated with a car like this. The dealership premiums could be as high as 30k. I also own a '07 Accord V6 Hybrid, and the assist from the electric portion of the drive-train can be significant. As Honda's flagship car, the new NSX will be hand-built with the same attention to detail as its predecessor. The new NSX won't be released until the 2015 model year, so the engineers at Acura should have plenty of time to get the NSX just the way they want it.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

H0T-yes but, es' Two espensive brah.
Cheaper to build your own car to your expectation(s).
Old 02-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This car seems actually to work more like how the Toyota Hybrids do, with electric motors as separate traction motors and not as IMA. Anyway, this is going to be a VERY cool car - a very different use of hybrid technology than Honda, Toyota, or anyone is doing right now. It's a great concept and I expect it to work great and freak out all the super car makers, just like the NSX did in 1992.

Check it: http://youtu.be/ycDFWBQqT6M

Last edited by willimo; 02-05-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the older nsx's are mod able and workable....this car is too complicated i wouldnt want too mess with it...this is what i dont like....i like a car im able too tweak and get it how i want it...not an auto with awd and hydrid and what not
Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoldLudeRay
the older nsx's are mod able and workable....this car is too complicated i wouldnt want too mess with it...this is what i dont like....i like a car im able too tweak and get it how i want it...not an auto with awd and hydrid and what not

This is what everyone said about the R35 GTR and the R34 when it first came out. But as we all know both cars now have a huge aftermarket following.

With companies like Mugen and Spoon dedicating its entire core business to modifying Honda cars, you don't think that they are going to make this car even more incredible? This is a potential GTR killer out of the box, what do you think this car is going to be when any of these companies get a hold of it? No less than insanely quick is my guess.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You guys crying about the new NSX being a hybrid need to go out and drive a hybrid other than a economy hybrid. The Lexus RX 450H is retarded in acceleration! I bet this will be the much better than most of you are expecting. Just think about have an extra 100lb/ft at lower rpm with the SH-AWD and smooth 7spd transmission. It should accelerate like crazy! I would rather have 2 electric superchargers than a dinky set of twin turbo's any day! In theory just change the motor controller/motors if necessary and voila, an extra 150hp and 300lb/ft at the blip of the throttle!

And hell it's still a Honda! Reliability is going to be the same issue for this car as the rest of the fleet. Probably better reliability considering that it's not going on the market for another 3 years.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, by the time it released, better designs will be available.. I wouldnt afford it too.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

slap a turbo on that bad boy so it can keep up with the new skyline
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4f_B_Doc
As an nsx owner I wouldnt buy this new nsx. My main reason is it not Japanese made. Our quality control standards and theirs are totally different. Too me I would no feel confident in the reliability of it.
Quality control standards between Japan and the rest of the world has leveled out, there really isn't anymore secrets as to how they do things better and cheaper.

I hope this NSX isn't as large of a let down as the rest of the Honda/Acura line is currently.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The electric motors help with torque. It's not a fcking Prius.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MeowMicks
The electric motors help with torque. It's not a fcking Prius.
First of all, you don't know that. There's no review on it yet so for all we know it is a fcking prius lol. But in all seriousness honda is doing the same thing they did with the crz, trying to bring sportyness to "hybrid". When the reality is that the electric power plant adds more weight than grunt and when it comes to real racing its just too heavy and too slow. (Nice low end tourq for daily driving but no power where u need it on the track). I'd like to add, I really really hope honda proves me wrong, but not likely. I'd like this car to compete with the GTR and I doubt it will.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by angryhillbilly
First of all, you don't know that. There's no review on it yet so for all we know it is a fcking prius lol. But in all seriousness honda is doing the same thing they did with the crz, trying to bring sportyness to "hybrid". When the reality is that the electric power plant adds more weight than grunt and when it comes to real racing its just too heavy and too slow. (Nice low end tourq for daily driving but no power where u need it on the track). I'd like to add, I really really hope honda proves me wrong, but not likely. I'd like this car to compete with the GTR and I doubt it
will.

With a projected sales price in the neighborhood of 170K (w/ dealer premium), I'm sure the car will be impressive!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im sure it will be impressive
im sure it will be heavy
im sure the old school mechanic will want nothing too do with it...

the old nsx is an everyday supercar that 80 percent of all mechanics would work on and mod....un like ferrari/buggati/other's...this new nsx looks too be the wave of the future and change and just anthor car that ends the hot rod days and makes everything a sience project....i think the crz is the same way it's too complicated..atleast it is cheap enough too swap a k20 in it and not kill the bank account...

new nsx not that sexy and it's a sience project not a car that is in love with the road...it's in love with epa and other things

people like simple things....not this
Old 02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by angryhillbilly
First of all, you don't know that. There's no review on it yet so for all we know it is a fcking prius lol. But in all seriousness honda is doing the same thing they did with the crz, trying to bring sportyness to "hybrid". When the reality is that the electric power plant adds more weight than grunt and when it comes to real racing its just too heavy and too slow. (Nice low end tourq for daily driving but no power where u need it on the track). I'd like to add, I really really hope honda proves me wrong, but not likely. I'd like this car to compete with the GTR and I doubt it will.

We do know it. Honda has been tooting this technology for over ten years now, so this is nothing new. This technology was first introduced back in 2001 at the Tokyo Motor Show as the Honda DualNote Concept. The spec for this car was a 3.6L i-VTEC V6 assisted by 3 electric motors that produces 400HP in all mid engine AWD layout. Sound familiar? Its should, because that's basically what the new NSX is going to have. Japanese enthusiasts always new that this technology was in development; the question was what car is it going to go into...now we know.

Secondly as I said earlier, Honda does not do hybrids the same way Toyota does. Toyota hybrids are a joke. Honda uses "motor assisted" technology which is used to overcome the standing inertia of the car, which electric motors do better than conventional gasoline engines, hence giving it better low end toque and acceleration.

I would be VERY surprised of this car doesn't do 0-60km in less than 4 sec. The whole system is geared for fast acceleration.

My sources:

http://www.vehix.com/articles/auto-s...roit-auto-show
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Dualnote
http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/honda_dualnote.html
http://www.supercars.net/cars/769.html
Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im sure it will be impressive
im sure it will be heavy
im sure the old school mechanic will want nothing too do with it...

the old nsx is an everyday supercar that 80 percent of all mechanics would work on and mod....un like ferrari/buggati/other's...this new nsx looks too be the wave of the future and change and just anthor car that ends the hot rod days and makes everything a sience project....i think the crz is the same way it's too complicated..atleast it is cheap enough too swap a k20 in it and not kill the bank account...

new nsx not that sexy and it's a sience project not a car that is in love with the road...it's in love with epa and other things

people like simple things....not this
First of all, let's learn how to spell "science".

Secondly, I don't think people mind complex machines as long as they are reliable and perform well. Case in point the Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GTR, and the Lamborghini Murciélago are some of the most technically complex cars ever built by man, and yet they are fiercely quick and perform extremely well.

With the new NSX, Honda is not appealing to the tuner market, but more to the middle aged with money market as do Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and BMW does. This has always been the case even with the first NSX. It was never a tuner car. It became a tuner car because as time went on, used NSX's appeared on the market and became more affordable to younger buyers who would modify them.

Maybe 15-20 years down the line, we'll see tuned NSX's as the prices come down on second hand NSX's. But for now, the car is aimed at the elite. Why do you think Acura got Seinfeld and Leno to do the NSX commercial rather than regular 30 something office worker? Because the NSX, at least in its beginning stages, will be marketed to the few who can afford one.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be VERY surprised of this car doesn't do 0-60km in less than 4 sec. The whole system is geared for fast acceleration.
You mean 0-100km

Last edited by mr_munro; 02-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes I did because 0-60KM in 4 sec would be pretty slow :p
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is a beautiful example of what happens when you build a supercar for the country club and not the track
Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First of all, let's learn how to spell "science".

Secondly, I don't think people mind complex machines as long as they are reliable and perform well. Case in point the Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GTR, and the Lamborghini Murciélago are some of the most technically complex cars ever built by man, and yet they are fiercely quick and perform extremely well.

With the new NSX, Honda is not appealing to the tuner market, but more to the middle aged with money market as do Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and BMW does. This has always been the case even with the first NSX. It was never a tuner car. It became a tuner car because as time went on, used NSX's appeared on the market and became more affordable to younger buyers who would modify them.

Maybe 15-20 years down the line, we'll see tuned NSX's as the prices come down on second hand NSX's. But for now, the car is aimed at the elite. Why do you think Acura got Seinfeld and Leno to do the NSX commercial rather than regular 30 something office worker? Because the NSX, at least in its beginning stages, will be marketed to the few who can afford one.

and thats the problem....and all of those other cars you lister are no different too complex...

the 90's and 2000s nsx was darn near as simple as an accord that what rocked about it...keep it simple we have way too many crazy expensive cars....i would like a new nsx more if they just put a current accord motor in it and boosted it for epa turbo's are crazy good and be way cheaper...in the 60k range probally and more friendly....if the car was even more similar too a mr2 it would be better than this crazy nightmare...

i do like the looks of it i will give it that...
Old 02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

120 grand?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and thats the problem....and all of those other cars you lister are no different too complex...

the 90's and 2000s nsx was darn near as simple as an accord that what rocked about it...keep it simple we have way too many crazy expensive cars....i would like a new nsx more if they just put a current accord motor in it and boosted it for epa turbo's are crazy good and be way cheaper...in the 60k range probally and more friendly....if the car was even more similar too a mr2 it would be better than this crazy nightmare...

i do like the looks of it i will give it that...
First of all, I agree with you for the most part. I love simplicity. I own an R. Any more stripped down and simple than that, it'd be a Model T Ford.

However, we live in a different era from when the first NSX was created. I see two different possible reasons for the overly complicated setups:

1. People are demanding a faster yet safer sports car. 20 years ago, anything in the 0-60mph in 5-6 sec was considering blistering fast. Nowadays, we are looking at cars in the 3 second range. At the same time, there's the strict EPA regulations that require cars to be near zero emissions, hence its no longer as simple as sticking a huge gas-guzzling v10 engine in a 2000 pound chassis. Its more about finding ways to get better performance through technology.

2. A lot of the people who are demanding these cars are just looking for a status symbol rather than a really cool car to drive. Many of them wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a spark plug and a clutch. (Case in point: Mr. Bean crashing his McLaren F1 a few years back -but to his credit, he is a pretty good driver) If they were given a strictly analog, purist super car like a Ferrari F40, the chances of them killing themselves in it are extremely high. So basically car manufacturers have to build a car that is essentially dummy-proof and can drive itself, to take idiot behind the wheel out of the equation. Everything is drive by wire nowadays, which I agree takes away A LOT from the driver's experience, but unfortunately that's where we are at.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree with the above....but that still mean's i dont like it....

when muscle car guys say that the muscle car died...i look at them and say the muscle car isnt in as bad of shape as the ricer's are....we have nothing out there anymore...this is just one more thing gone in my view
Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Aside from the styling, the performance should be better than the old NSX. You guys should check out the the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB2-L7hyGKo
Honda actually tested the old NSX with their KERS technology like last year + few months ago, i bet it was one of the final stage before they implement something similar that into the new NSX...

Please don't think of the electric motor is use for fuel economy only... it is also very good for performance, instant torque, helps cornering in both acceleration and deceleration.

I wish they make the body look a little bit more like the old NSX though... I am not a fan of the new look... taillight looks decent, but the front end is just meh.

new NSX swap into the old one anyone?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy NEW NSX?