Notices
Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

what all tranies ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what all tranies ?

what all tranies will bolt up to either of the NSX motors?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what all tranies ? (ty_racer)

None, other than NSX transmissions.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:02 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what all tranies ? (ty_racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ty_racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what all tranies will bolt up to either of the NSX motors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Tranies"? Like this one?

Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what all tranies ? (nsxtasy)

trannies? Like transvest... nevermind.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what all tranies ? (91 Teg)

maby a V-6 accord?????!!!?????
Old 03-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default To actually help.....

I know it goes against the trend here to actually post useful or correct information instead of just nitpicking grammer, spelling etc. but I thought I'd take a chance.

Any NSX transmission can be swapped with any other NSX transmission, but in some cases some minor modifications are needed. For an example of this, check out the parts in the Comptech kit designed to swap 6 spds into 5 spd cars, here:

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/560150.html

As for other Acura transmissions (fwd), I believe they will bolt up, although they may require a custom clutch. I have bolted my 5 spd NSX tansmission up to a TL/CL motor and the bolt pattern is the same, so there is a very good chance the swap works both ways. Hope this helps.

I think one of the above posters was declaring his mission statement when he said in a previous thread:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some people post here to contribute useful information that will help others, and some people just post here to flame.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: To actually help..... (Top Ramen)

Pot, Kettle, glad to meet you. The surest way to get good content on any website in any post is to provide it. That you've done. And yet somehow you manage to flame another forum member at the same time. Amazing.

Let it go. Seriously, let it go.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To actually help..... (Ponyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ponyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Let it go. Seriously, let it go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I only have an issue with one person on this forum - the one who posted above, mocking a question instead of actually providing any even remotely useful information or moving the thread forward in any helpful way. I honestly don't see how that is bad behavior. Oddly enough, I have never argued with a single other member of this forum (go figure). If you, as a mod, consider that intolerable, so be it. Consider it gone.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: To actually help..... (Top Ramen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top Ramen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I only have an issue with one person on this forum - the one who posted above, mocking a question instead of actually providing any even remotely useful information or moving the thread forward in any helpful way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can't see that that post was a joke in good nature then you're letting your "issue" cloud your judgement. Was it an answer to the question? No. Was it mocking the poster? Perhaps. Was it malicious or in bad taste? Not in the least.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top Ramen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I honestly don't see how that is bad behavior.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A flame mocking a poster that is supposedly mocking another post is not only "bad behavior" but also ironic. In addition, it does nothing to improved or further the thread. Again ironic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top Ramen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oddly enough, I have never argued with a single other member of this forum (go figure).</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct. And I thank you for that. But this personal vendetta stuff is getting old.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top Ramen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you, as a mod, consider that intolerable, so be it. Consider it gone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Intolerable is a little strong...bad taste is more appropriate. Listen, we're all adults here. You are welcome and encouraged to post - technical, funny, thought provoking, whatever posts. But flame wars are going to be nipped in the bud - especially among owners.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what engine does the nsx use? also what engines do v6 accords and v6 legends use?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:11 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (KraZEtEggIE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KraZEtEggIE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what engine does the nsx use? also what engines do v6 accords and v6 legends use?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can view a list of most Honda engines on this website.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:44 PM

the whole reason i was wondering is b\c i have a kit car and i want the motor to set like the a rear wheel drive car and the acura legend like 91-94's set like that and i know where there is a tranny like that. i guess to better phrase the ? do all c block transmissions bolt up to all c block motors and if im not mistaken the NSX motors are c block and so are the legend. but i just am not sure if it will fit. if any one has USEFULL imformation please help. thanks
Old 04-02-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Re: what all tranies ? (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"Tranies"? Like this one?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol