Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura NSX (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-nsx-43/)
-   -   From S2000 to NSX...still adjusting to the change (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-nsx-43/s2000-nsx-still-adjusting-change-3147048/)

ntensehonda 05-21-2013 06:07 AM

From S2000 to NSX...still adjusting to the change

They say big rewards aren't gained without big risks.

I'm not rich...by any standard. Therefore, my decision to go after an NSX only came after many hours pondering whether or not it would be worth it to me to part and sell my supercharged S2000. It was not an easy decision, let me assure you.

Maybe you've seen the car in the past, perhaps not, but this is what it looked like.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...1f769b26_b.jpg

I took pretty much all my parts off except the lip, wheels and some springs and sold them...then, let go of the car. It was a sad day. BUT, I had to keep reminding myself it was for a bigger goal. A local guy bought it, and he takes good care of it, so that makes me happy.

So after a couple of months with no car, I was having withdrawls like a heroin addict in his 72nd hour without shooting up...it was all I could think about!

Finally, I landed this little gem.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psc9401538.jpg

Got it home and started putting my spin on things, Tein coilovers, Volk wheels, and so far, these are the results:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps35b1913b.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps09e3e79b.jpg

Just got some fresh interior in it this past week. Hoping to do more soon!

Presidential_Detail 05-21-2013 06:48 AM

Re: From S2000 to NSX...still adjusting to the change

Beautiful S2k, Im sure the NSX will be the same once you put your own touches on it!

mikecivichb 05-21-2013 09:39 AM

Welcome, they are great cars. I don't think I can ever stop loving mine.. Just make sure yours isn't in snap ring range and all the services are up to date and it should last a lifetime. How many miles was on yours when picked it up? Make sure to head over to nsxprime.com.. That's where most of us owners hang out

j13 05-21-2013 12:30 PM

very nice man, huge upgrade, you went from a sports car to a super car. you should for sure convert everything to LED and nsx r upgrades

oscar_driver 05-21-2013 05:10 PM

.. well, a " Classic Supercar " .. beautiful car, 92, very nice, although, coming from an S2k I'd just get an NA2

ntensehonda 05-21-2013 08:22 PM

Thanks guys.

I'm on NSXPrime. Just haven't posted on here in a while and figured I'd see who else might be on here that isn't over there.

The car had 122,999 miles on it when I took possession. It's got 126,000 now.

The tranny is in snap ring range, but according to Science of Speed since it's got the miles it has and the original case, its not likely to ever break. I'll be changing the parts anyhow...better safe than sorry, right? It does need some routine maintenance, and I'm currently working on it. Gaskets/seals/hoses/gaskets and the like are getting replaced for new, and a new timing belt is going in, not for miles, but rather age.

Thanks for the positive feedback, though. I'll post more pictures as I have them.

SuzukaBlueAP2 05-24-2013 10:05 PM

Congrats on the purchase! Prime is a pretty good forum for NSX info and chatter.

I had a slight touch of envy when I saw your NSX because I really looked for a white one but wasn't able to close the deal on one. I am quite ecstatic with my Formula Red one though. :)

DAinfamousR 05-24-2013 11:40 PM

Nice looking s2! But that nsx is sex!!!! I sold both my R's and I began having withdrawals as well! Almost bought another R but I got a chance to grab a 2000 nsx with 50k miles so I jumped on it and lovin it!!! Congrats and enjoy!

Mr. 2200cc 05-26-2013 10:39 AM

good pick up man. im also going to sell my Spoon S2K and try to pick up a NSX.

WheelStudio 05-30-2013 11:29 AM

Very nice! What is your impression from the S2000 to the NSX? Very curious to hear!

ntensehonda 06-05-2013 06:15 AM

The biggest difference I can clearly define is that the NSX is a high speed track monster whereas the S2000 is more of an enthusiasts car, more agile and easy to flick around the corners. It takes a bigger set of balls to drive the NSX on the ragged edge because of the speeds involved. My balls are still S2000 sized...they're so much fun to drive and, at least for now, I'm still getting used to the NSX.

yusenglor 06-06-2013 05:51 AM

That's good to know. I'm still debating myself whether to get an NSX or Elise after I sell my 06 S2000. Luckily I'll still have my 04 S2000 as well.

WheelStudio 06-07-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by yusenglor (Post 48849203)
That's good to know. I'm still debating myself whether to get an NSX or Elise after I sell my 06 S2000. Luckily I'll still have my 04 S2000 as well.

The Elise will be a lot more raw and is a completely different experience than the NSX. The NSX, while an amazing machine in itself, has a bit more creature comforts, is daily-friendly and is much easier to get in and out of.

They are both amazing cars in their own respect.

ntensehonda 06-20-2013 01:22 PM

If it makes any difference, I have a friend that purchased an Elise saying, "I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a car that old."

Now he's looking to sell the Elise and purchase an NSX...it's been less than a year.

Anyhow, figured I'd throw a couple of small updates in here. I ordered in and installed some fresh leathers for the seats, and I'm tackling doing the timing belt (which only has 25k miles on it, but it's 12yrs old, so it's time) and going after the valve cover and oil pan gaskets while I'm at it. I'm planning on lowering the car a bit more, too, and having it aligned again Saturday.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psc4154067.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps5da68ee1.jpg

ProjectLSVTEG 06-22-2013 05:16 AM

Where, by chance, did you order the seat covers from?

itrSteez 06-23-2013 06:10 AM

Are those the leather-seats.com covers?

No offense man but they're really loose. Did you have it professionally installed?

Westrock2000 06-23-2013 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by ntensehonda (Post 48893443)
If it makes any difference, I have a friend that purchased an Elise saying, "I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a car that old."

I can believe that. The car is quite polarizing. Though I think the common complaint is the power level versus the expectations of the car. Plus with everything coming with 400HP now-a-days, you gotta invest some money just to keep up.

I was in the same situation back in 2006. NSX, Esprit or Exige. But I honestly don't think I could replace the Exige with any other realistic car. However I have met plenty of people that weren't quite expecting the realities of owning a Lotus. I love the car, but their are days I don't want to drive it.

Excellent car to work on though.

ntensehonda 07-07-2013 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by itrSteez (Post 48900265)
Are those the leather-seats.com covers?

No offense man but they're really loose. Did you have it professionally installed?

They are. I installed them myself, and they are a bit looser than I was hoping for. I was told before I installed them my one of their reps that they might be a bit loose at first, but that after some time in the sun they should tighten up a bit. Another trick I was told by an interior installer was to use a steamer to steam the foam with the covers off and that would help to decompress them and help the leather fit tighter. After a little more time passes with the car outside if they don't get tighter, I'm going to take them back off and try that.

Originally Posted by Westrock2000 (Post 48901860)
I can believe that. The car is quite polarizing. Though I think the common complaint is the power level versus the expectations of the car. Plus with everything coming with 400HP now-a-days, you gotta invest some money just to keep up.

I was in the same situation back in 2006. NSX, Esprit or Exige. But I honestly don't think I could replace the Exige with any other realistic car. However I have met plenty of people that weren't quite expecting the realities of owning a Lotus. I love the car, but their are days I don't want to drive it.

Excellent car to work on though.

Thank you. I know what you mean about the power, and after having a nearly 400whp S2000, I can tell you that I had to accept the fact that this car wasn't going to have that much power and be okay with it before I gave up my S2000.

I am enjoying the car...working on it, learning about it, and of course, driving it!

I hope to have some new updates sometime soon, so stay tuned.

Black R 07-07-2013 07:39 PM

With a blower, I've seen people edge towards 500whp on a stock NSX motor - it's no slouch!

Arthas 07-12-2013 08:41 PM

The seat covers actually look pretty good, I like them. Try leaving your windows down on a hot sunny day, that usually helps tighten them up.

prakhash 07-12-2013 08:48 PM

Nice cars! I plan to own both some day...

Ponyboy 07-18-2013 06:26 PM

That's awesome. Welcome to the nsx community! Both are great cars and, curiously, many nsx owners are also s2k owners.

ntensehonda 07-21-2013 06:15 PM

Thank you, and I'd like to get another S2000 back in the stable, the wife prefers it over the NSX anyhow, so that will be "hers" and this one will be "mine". LOL

Either way, I definitely have enjoyed various aspects of owning both.

Just got done with Import Alliance, and the car was well received, so that was good. Hoping to shape the future of a couple of notable Type R owners into NSX owners...we shall see.

ajason24 07-21-2013 09:32 PM

Good an NSX that will hope fully be supercharged can't wait to see where you go with this. And the S2000 for her and the NSX for you, thats a happy wife and happy life. Props man.

LSV4ME 08-01-2013 09:21 PM

Super lucky!