New NSX Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New NSX Commercial

Love it. I hope this isn't a repost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFSHzT2xuY

Last edited by pennies_hatchie; 01-31-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New NSX Commercial

bad link
Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omg all these NSX commercials during the super bowl are getting me excited, how much is this thing going to be?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I read somewhere in the 100k range.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedb16a3
I read somewhere in the 100k range.
Thats what I originally heard but I was just talking to someone at work about it today while talking about the commercial, and we were debating the price.i just searched a few links and they are all saying $33000-$38000.i figured it couldn't be correct so I kept searching and I found 2 other sites that stated the price.im thinking that there is supposed to be a 1 in front of the price.if it is the case I'm sure there will be 1000000 nsxs sold.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://carissued.com/acura/2013-acur...e-reviews.html
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Everything theyre saying on nsxprime, and what the guys at Acura told me for price $150k and up.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The price will be at the very least more than the GTR. NSX's have never been cheaper than the GTR....NEVER
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure it will cost alot
Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone have any links to more info on the nsx?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondahead_dave
omg all these NSX commercials during the super bowl are getting me excited, how much is this thing going to be?
The new NSX will cost about 170k w/dealer premium.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I heard, there will be two trimlines. One with hybrid and one regular V10.
Can't wait to see this in person.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've called Acura several times in reference to the price. At first no one i talked to knew exactly. Finally got a hold of someone that stated that it the price will be in the range of 32xxx-41xxx. Reason being is that Honda(Acura) is trying to appeal more to the middle class "average enthusiasts" instead of having a car that everyone wants but not able to buy.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by accord2civic2prelude
I've called Acura several times in reference to the price. At first no one i talked to knew exactly. Finally got a hold of someone that stated that it the price will be in the range of 32xxx-41xxx. Reason being is that Honda(Acura) is trying to appeal more to the middle class "average enthusiasts" instead of having a car that everyone wants but not able to buy.
32,000? Dollars? Are you kidding me? That's how much I paid for my Integra and about what a TSX or an Accord goes for. Civic Type R's cost more than that.

The NSX will never be that cheap. It will definitely be more than the Nissan GTR, since they have never been cheaper than one, and will probably be competing in the supercar market (Audi R8, Lambo, Ferrari, etc).
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Try2Live4God
From what I heard, there will be two trimlines. One with hybrid and one regular V10.
Can't wait to see this in person.
From who? Where?

Sorry, but the NSX will never get a V10. That is not the direction that Honda is taking. They want be the pioneers of the hybrid supercar market. Honda abandoned the V10 program in 2008, and will probably never return to it anytime soon, until there is a better alternative fuel market.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate how Acura has taken their current models and made them all look alike. That blocky chrome piece for a grill looks like crap and ruined what otherwise would be a nice car. Lexus has started to do the same thing making all of their models look alike! They ruined the new GS by making it look like the IS!!!

And FYI, you couldn't give me a hybrid POS!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MiraiZ
32,000? Dollars? Are you kidding me? That's how much I paid for my Integra and about what a TSX or an Accord goes for. Civic Type R's cost more than that.

The NSX will never be that cheap. It will definitely be more than the Nissan GTR, since they have never been cheaper than one, and will probably be competing in the supercar market (Audi R8, Lambo, Ferrari, etc).
There is no way a hybrid could compete as a supercar!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by speedjunkie_g35
There is no way a hybrid could compete as a supercar!!!
^^exactly..

From the reps at Honda japan (did a tour over there while on tdy), they aren't trying to compete as a supercar, but more towards the likes of saving energy. They want to have more in production that just a couple hundred.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, but with all of the marketing they are doing (GT5, Leno & Seinfeld, Motor shows, Iron Man, etc), coupled with the NSX brand that has been the flagship name for the last 2 decades for Honda and Acura, there is no way this is going to be a $40K car. Honda isn't known for creating this much hype over a concept unless they are going deliver something really different. And as mentioned several times in the other NSX thread, you've really got to get that hybrid econobox notion out of your heads. This car will be based on the technology introduced at the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show which was then called the DualNote, which was a 400hp iVTEC Hybrid.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My problem with hybrids are the batteries youhave to replace every couple of years. If we don't have enough trash to pollute. In 20 years we will so many toxic batteries that are worthless, it's not even funny. And how much are these batteries going to cost. Honda was doing great with the first production of natural gas powered civics. That is the way of the future, not electric cars! We have so much gas in the USA it's not even funny. Did you know that natural gas exploration has stopped completely because of the surplus we have. The haynesville shale could power us for years and be true clean fuel. Politicians are to busy fattenig their pockets to truly give a damn otherwise oculus wouldn't be pushing electrics cars made by Government Motors.

With that said I like the idea of the electric motor in a drag racing aspect for the instant torque you can get but to power our vehicles on a day to day basis is ridiculous. We still have to burn coal to make that electricity and that is the biggest poluter in our envornmet. So my question for all those who praise electric vehicles is how are they better for our environment???
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's cool. I Work at the honda plant in ohio...Hopefully I get to Build this Beast !
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My problem with hybrids are the batteries youhave to replace every couple of years.
Where did you get that from?!? I swear, these threads are so full of b.s. lately! Even the crappy first gen Prius had a battery life of over 5 years. The 2nd Prius have an 8 year warranty on their batteries but can last well beyond that. Toyota claims they last for about 180,000 miles. Honda has a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on their Insights and CRZ..either way that is way more than "a couple of years".

If we don't have enough trash to pollute. In 20 years we will so many toxic batteries that are worthless, it's not even funny. And how much are these batteries going to cost.
Even if by chance they do wear out before the life of the car, the replacement is about $2000 which is probably about the price (if not cheaper) full engine overhaul. And they don't just throw the batteries in the trash, they are recycled just like all rechargeable batteries.

You guys really got to get your info straight before making all these really irresponsible and baseless assumptions. You are in front of a keyboard, so do your research before you post your senseless nonsense misinformation about a product that's not even in production yet.

Not exactly a hybrid, but this is an example of how superior electric motors are compared to gasoline engines when it comes to acceleration and torque. The NSX will probably adopt much of this technology into its drivetrain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7o_...eature=related
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So what is you argument for using a coal plant to provide electricity to charge these batteries?? I am aware that a Prius' battery will last 5 years +, I guess I should of been more specific rather than saying a couple of years. And yes you will be able to recycle but if everyone is driving an electric car, there would still be a surplus of these batteries just sitting around. I guarantee that an electric car will not last as long as a gas power Honda. I have 200k on my 2000 Lexus and almost 300k on my 1994 Honda. I would like to see an electric motor last 12-18 years and be able to put as many miles on with the original battery. These are not assumptions that I make. I work first hand in the energy industry and electric powered cars are a joke, just like adding ethanol to our fuel. It is a waste!!!

"superior electric motors are compared to gasoline engines when it comes to acceleration and torque." That is the only advantage!!! How many average drivers are really going to need the torque and acceleration??? We will end up have a bunch of red light to red light races and have to recharge every other light.

My problem is the fact that regardless of how good an electric motor is suppose to be for the environment, how much torque it provides, IT STILL TAKES FOSSIL FUEL TO CHARGE THE BATTERIES for a 40 mile trip. LNG is the way of the furture. If we could only get Odumba out of office. This country would realize that!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No matter what the cost I am happy to see the NSX alive again! God it looks elegant. Also I say it will go from $70k-$90k+dealer premiums. Then again the Lexus LFA is almost $400k but that's a car for techy snobs who don't know what a clutch is.

At least NSX owners will have the concept of revmatching in their minds as they drive around in techno snobbery hahha. But seriously give me NSXXXXXX!!!!

Quick Reply: New NSX Commercial