Notices
Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

K-Series engine swap into an NSX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: K-Series engine swap into an NSX?

You might want to reconsider the tube bracing. The middle of the horizontal bars are being put into a bending load especially the scary front one. The load from each shock corner will be transferred to the middle of the horizontal bars causing deflection and unwanted suspension/ frame movement. Since the load is transferred right in the middle of that bar it only has the option to deflect down or push the opposite side. If this was thick wall steel tubing I wouldn't bother saying anything, but in this case it is aluminum, and aluminum has a lower yield strength and loading cycles. An X brace with a top and bottom horizontal bar would be a stronger option in your case.

Last edited by AWOC; 09-23-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this sounds too crazy to fathom lol
Old 10-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmmmm, interesting ideas in this thread....not sure on that front end bracing but it can be modified to work better I'm sure.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would be a dope idea
Old 10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is sad that you would even think about bastardizing a automobile like the NSX with one of the worst Toyota copies of an engine like the K series. I'm down with difference and innovation though. Look forward to seeing a completed car. Subscribed!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wut?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dnizzle
with one of the worst Toyota copies of an engine like the K series.
My first instinct is to just write this off as a comment from an ignorant kid, but go ahead and explain what is so bad about the K series. I would really love to hear this.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dnizzle
It is sad that you would even think about bastardizing a automobile like the NSX with one of the worst Toyota copies of an engine like the K series. I'm down with difference and innovation though. Look forward to seeing a completed car. Subscribed!!!
First to call the K a copy of a Toyboat engine is insane and on top of that, you probably should have stated Yamaha instead. And maybe you are confusing the Lotus K series to the Honda K series, the same Lotus K that is replaced in Europe with the Honda K. Only reason the Lotus' stateside have the Toyboat power, Toyboat sold cheap to Lotus and the engine already passed emissions testing unlike the Lotus K.

I'm sure you are one to also call the Insight a copy of the Prius as well. Yawn.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What happened with this
Old 11-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Superfly

Originally Posted by Whats Up DOHC
What happened with this
they say the guy went crazy like 3 pages ago.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ross@STMPO
[SIZE="3"]

Ponyboy...

Your wrong - The guy doing the build went a little nuts - I'm not nuts...
Thats funny you mention the "nuts part" so quick to deny, sadly thats what eveyone thinks about you... And its not in a good way.

[SIZE="3"]
Your right - proclaimed he was getting out of the NSX aftermarket business - I'm not making making NSX parts anymore.
Thank God

[SIZE="3"]
Your right - b/c no one realized he was around - So I'm moving on
Eveyone knew who Ross was, it got around fast cause we did good marketing. But when you start ****ing people over and burning bridges people start to have a bad taste in there mouth about you and word spreads.

[SIZE="3"]
Your wrong - it's everyone else's fault, etc.- It was my mistake for starting on the NSX platform.
Everyone's fault?? your blaming your clients, the people who put money in your pocket, blaming them for your own mistakes by using people and taking advantage of people?? Take some f'ing responsibility Ross your a grown *** man, i know your mom for god sake.. we go way back so i dont wanna hear your bull ****.

[SIZE="3"]
Our company has a skill level above knowledge base of the average NSX owner...
Says who? the poor handicapt bastard you kicked out of your shop for destroying his nsx performing a timing belt water pump???

Its all on nsx prime people, he is officially banned from NSXPRIME. This guy is a scam artist and a good one at that i know first hand.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139620

He got me, ran up a bill with me and told me to get lost that i was caught on camera stealing **** out of the shop. Wheres the tape i'd like to see it?? and the police after me huh like you told me on the phone? Ive spoken to a dozen tempe police about this situation and you know what the one thing the officer's said about you ross, "that guys on something" . Go figure.

"If a mother****er call you a crackhead for 20 years, bitch, you are smoking crack!! Whitney done smoked her kneecaps off, and we still sayin, uh uh" Katt Williams-

Pay respect to the fool who part the hard time work and idea into that car... me, If you actually spent some real money on that car it prolly would be nice instead of looking like garage built junk. Poor car, way to make an NSX worth less money....i dont give a **** about it anymore. I want my MONEY...

Fair warning to anyone doing business with this psycho....

Cheers.

sorry for the rant, please continue.

Last edited by Mr.Burner; 01-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the idea of trying to make more power for less money with the K series versus the C, but I don't think the little money being saved in comparison would validate the swap. The simple fact is the NSX wasn't designed so everyone could purchase and mod one, and the parts selection, and pricing reflect that. Parts are rare because the vehicle is rare, and to be completely honest if the swap was ever done most would probably shrug the car off as a waste of time. The NSX is an awesome vehicle, and shows the engineering capabilities of Honda at the time, theres just no need to swap the engine out for anything else, in my opinion. It is an interesting idea though, and I would be the first in line to shake the man's hand who somehow made it work.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Burner
Thats funny you mention the "nuts part" so quick to deny, sadly thats what eveyone thinks about you... And its not in a good way.

Thank God

Eveyone knew who Ross was, it got around fast cause we did good marketing. But when you start ****ing people over and burning bridges people start to have a bad taste in there mouth about you and word spreads.

Everyone's fault?? your blaming your clients, the people who put money in your pocket, blaming them for your own mistakes by using people and taking advantage of people?? Take some f'ing responsibility Ross your a grown *** man, i know your mom for god sake.. we go way back so i dont wanna hear your bull ****.

Says who? the poor handicapt bastard you kicked out of your shop for destroying his nsx performing a timing belt water pump???

Its all on nsx prime people, he is officially banned from NSXPRIME. This guy is a scam artist and a good one at that i know first hand.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139620

He got me, ran up a bill with me and told me to get lost that i was caught on camera stealing **** out of the shop. Wheres the tape i'd like to see it?? and the police after me huh like you told me on the phone? Ive spoken to a dozen tempe police about this situation and you know what the one thing the officer's said about you ross, "that guys on something" . Go figure.

"If a mother****er call you a crackhead for 20 years, bitch, you are smoking crack!! Whitney done smoked her kneecaps off, and we still sayin, uh uh" Katt Williams-

Pay respect to the fool who part the hard time work and idea into that car... me, If you actually spent some real money on that car it prolly would be nice instead of looking like garage built junk. Poor car, way to make an NSX worth less money....i dont give a **** about it anymore. I want my MONEY...

Fair warning to anyone doing business with this psycho....

Cheers.

sorry for the rant, please continue.
No offense, but let's take the vehemence down a couple of notches. Future posts should express a less emotional tone and offer reasoned responses. Otherwise the retort looks as bad as the origional offense.