Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura NSX (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-nsx-43/)
-   -   custom sorcery wide body nsx (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-nsx-43/custom-sorcery-wide-body-nsx-2630901/)

1NSX 08-20-2009 07:48 AM

custom sorcery wide body nsx

This is my '91 Acura NSX with sorcery wide body. Most of the parts on here are custom made. It took a lot of time and effort to get everything to fit right. The pictures didn't come out as clear as i thought, so there's better ones to come.

three stars, two bars 08-20-2009 08:44 AM

Re: custom sorcery wide body nsx

Looks pretty good but I would expect better fitment on an NSX.

1NSX 08-24-2009 06:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some updates.

1NSX 08-25-2009 05:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is my '91 Acura NSX with sorcery wide body. Most of the parts on here are custom made. It took a lot of time and effort to get everything to fit right. The pictures didn't come out as clear as i thought, so there's better ones to come.

omg_miiiike 08-25-2009 05:36 PM

Fitment sucks, other than that looks decent.

1NSX 08-25-2009 11:07 PM

When you guys say fitment isn't right, can you be a little more specific so that i can fix it?

teg racer 877 08-26-2009 01:08 AM

i think they mean the hood to bumper gap, it looks huge and crooked. other than that it looks good, nice job.

Slo-mo 08-26-2009 09:09 AM

hood to bumper and some wheel fitment too. and maybe lower. it looks wierd with the widebody and wheel gap/fender gap

1NSX 08-26-2009 09:59 AM

cool. thanks you guys,i will fix the problem.

powerneedy 08-26-2009 10:09 AM

everything looks good except the bumper to hood... wheels could use a little spacer

but fix those little things and its sexy for sure... my hood had the same problem

DC2-ProdUcTiOnS 08-26-2009 10:54 AM

def hood to bumper gap...and get some bigger/different wheels with a little spacer to poke em out a little bit....

other than that is looks good....

chawski 08-26-2009 12:33 PM

I can appreciate the work that goes into something like this, but it just doesnt fit. Lowering the car to get rid of the fender gap wont work bc the kit is already so low to the ground. The widebody kit is too wide for those wheels, so maybe a different offset or some spacers could fix that.

Did you do the work or have a shop do it? As far as the bumper to hood gap, I would have never paid a dime for the work until that was fixed. For a shop to return a car to a client with that kind of fitment is unacceptable. Ive done minimal body work and even I know the number one thing is for the lines to match up

Other than what i said, I think it looks good, and with the changes others have suggested, i think its gonna be an easy fix and come out real nice. good luck!

ej1love 08-26-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS (Post 39758252)
def hood to bumper gap...and get some bigger/different wheels with a little spacer to poke em out a little bit....

other than that is looks good....

agreed

1NSX 08-26-2009 06:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I think i know what you guys are talking about. Between the hood and the bumper that black piece that you guys are thinkning is a gap actually isn't. It's a rubber piece that is supposed to be between the hood and the bumper. Hopefully these pictures clarify what you guys are talking about. Let me know if that's not what you guys are referring to. Thanks for lettin me know though. i appreciate that.

chawski 08-26-2009 08:02 PM

that looks like it from these shots but from your first pic it looks horribly off. id play around with that rubber and see if you can tuck it better

helldriver88 08-27-2009 02:00 AM

even in the close up pics you can tell that the hood to bumper gap is still way off. that rubber shouldn't be so noticable. i doubt it even keeps the rain out. but hey man, i do love the kit, don't want to sound like im being too harsh lol. just need to get that little issue solved, maybe change your ride height and wheel offset and your golden. thats just my opinion. sexy ride tho for sure.

sambyanis 08-28-2009 02:03 PM

It is looking great. Nice work.

02-type-s 08-28-2009 03:23 PM

I like the idea, but that front wheel gap is horrible

vtechjunkie 08-28-2009 07:56 PM

I don't know if it's "way off", but it could use some adjusting for sure. I think it needs some bigger wheels. Don't lower it any more than it already has been. You will ruin all the work you've put in. I think the car looks nice as hell man! Good job to who ever did that work.

fventura03 08-28-2009 11:37 PM

very nice, the front wheel gap throws me off though...

aesthetics82 08-30-2009 09:16 PM

I would get some wheels that fill out the wheel wells a little more

1NSX 08-30-2009 10:43 PM

thanks guys for your comments and stuff. it really does help. i'll post up newer pictures soon. i'll buy spacers and lower the front.

chawski 09-01-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 1NSX (Post 39808001)
thanks guys for your comments and stuff. it really does help. i'll post up newer pictures soon. i'll buy spacers and lower the front.

haha where? to the ground? I really dont think you can lower it anymore without every imperfection in the road destroying that front fascia. Its already about as low as you can go with it. It really seems like larger wheels is your only realistic option. i dunno how it would look, but maybe if you used a slightly taller profile tire that could work?

nsxinohio 09-01-2009 01:10 PM

Okay, I have been in your boat and ill give you some ideas. My nsx has been changed quite a bit and i got sick and tired of rolling 4x4 in my nsx to avoid destroying my front end. i bought new wheels and coilovers and this is way it sits now. the wheels are flush and they are 19x8(+24) and 20x10.5(+12) work meisters. i drive it all around town, but you better get use to scraping because i even still scrape when i drive.

https://honda-tech.com/picture.php?a...ictureid=34630

fin781 09-01-2009 04:54 PM

A wheel 1 size up and a larger side wall'd tire should fix the wheel gap. maybe a 40 or 45 side.
the car looks great, just paint that rubber seal white in between your hood/ bumper. lol seriously though depending on the actual gap it may work out. or just buy a Carbon fiber hood, it may blend the gap in. heh