Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

wobbly front wheels on very slow, sharp turns? caster problem?

Old 02-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wobbly front wheels on very slow, sharp turns? caster problem?

I get a very noticeable wobble in the front wheels when starting from a stop, and the wheel turned at or close to full lock(pulling out of driveways, tight intersections, parking spaces, etc). When moving very slow, you can feel the wheels wobble (more prevelent on the outside wheel) as if riding on 1 lug nut and the wheel halfway off. The faster I go, the faster it wobbles. But as I straighten the car out, the wobble goes away and driving in a straight line there is no wobble.

I know my car has had some suspension problems, but I have gotten everything taken care of with the exception of (edit)CASTER (alighment and camber are both within spec). This would lead me to believe it was a caster problem, but if Im already moving and come to a very slow tight turn, there is no wobble that I can notice. It only seems to be a problem coming from a stop. Also, I would only think it was a caster problem if I was actually moving the wheel as I turned. However, this happens and is more noticeable if I keep the wheel steady while turning, the wobble is there.

I have brand new axles so I dont think thats the problem. I was told awhile ago that my bearings could be on their way out but I dont know much about that at this point. I was also thinking maybe LSD problem but I doubt that. Its not really a huge deal, more of an annoyance than anything. And I just have to be careful not to romp the gas coming out of a turn from a stop as the wheel hop is insane and feels like the car might split into pieces. Just wondered what you guys thought.

edit: caster, not camber