Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

when i hit the brakes. the cluster light/parking lights turn on.

Old 11-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when i hit the brakes. the cluster light/parking lights turn on.

Car is a '98 R. white in color
everything is stock on it (well i noticed the other day, there are sony speakers in it)

here is the situation. when i press the brakes (car on and off) the parking lights (turn signals) come on and so does the cluster and everything dims like i have the parking lights on. and that beeeeeeep sound comes on also when the brakes are pressed.

when i turn the lights on, the 3rd brake light stays on, and doesnt flash when the brakes are pressed. i thought this was because i was using 922 bulbs, but i just put the correct set of 921 in there.

i checked under the steering column of the R and couldnt find anything that has been messed with from the previous owner.

other than that, everthing works normal, signals blink properly, and the tailights work when the brake is pressed.

ive checked out the wiring diagram in the helms. everything looks correct. but i will go back over it tomorrow.

-TIA
Old 11-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: when i hit the brakes. the cluster light/parking lights turn on. (baonest)

this happened to me before.
what it was in my case, was a pinched wire in the tail lights causing a short. the previous owner had altezzas in there, and when i put the stock lights back in, i accidentally caught a wire inbetween the housing, and the body. check to see if the previous owner had aftermarket tails, or had been in an accident where they had to be replaced.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: when i hit the brakes. the cluster light/parking lights turn on. (baonest)

Hmm, nothing you dont know already but it has to do with wiring. Probably ground wire somewhere. Goodluck
Old 11-27-2004, 03:45 PM
My old title sucked.

Default Re: when i hit the brakes. the cluster light/parking lights turn on. (migs)

I had a similar issue with my 90 hatchback. The horn wires got pinched between the chassis and my intake causing a short. when it would ground out my "door ajar" light would come on and the beeping would begin. Come to find out the horn and door sensor are on the same circuit. My suggestion to you is check to see what else is on that circuit. I can almost guarantee you will find a short somewhere.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: when i hit the brakes. the cluster light/parking lights turn on. (LudeEFv2.0)

yeah, ive removed the lights to work on the rear (its been in slight accident in read). so ill check back there to make sure nothing is shorting. and ill check for grounds also.

thats all i can remember as far as removing things from the car.

because i remember, during the test drive. it wasnt having this problem. so yeah, most likely its a pinched wire in the tail.