Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Total weight of Ogura clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total weight of Ogura clutch

Hi,

I search the total weight of the Ogura (ORC) single cluch system for Integra. I made an inquiry to Takakaira, they told me 18kgs package !
I hope the clutch system is not this weight, because when we look the ATS single cluch with flywheel, it's 7.9kgs ! taka told me that they never saw before a complete clutch at 8kgs, but they write it on the ATS ref.!

So, if anyone here know the weight of this cluch, thank you !
Old 12-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Total weight of Ogura clutch (sylvain)

The ORC 309 single plate (steel disk, not carbon) should weigh right around 18lbs total (pressure plate, clutch disk, flywheel).
Old 12-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Total weight of Ogura clutch (Kengs)

That would make a lot more sense, and put it close to the weight of the ATS.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Total weight of Ogura clutch

Anyone know a good dealer to buy this clutch online, becase i think Takakaira want to take money on the shipping cost.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you or any of your contacts speak Japanese? It makes a difference.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had good results dealing with Takakaira before, you can send them an enquiry asking about shipping costs before placing the order, and I think they have been reasonable when I wanted to order something.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Total weight of Ogura clutch

I want to share the information with you, because Taka don't make any answer, it's not correct from them, in the past i have spend more than 5000$ in their company !

Sylvain:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Subject : Ogura clutch
Enquiry message:
Hello, I'm interesting about the Ogura single plate cluch system (part number: 15030 DC2 B18C including release bearing ¥99500/US$919). - Could you tell me if this cluch is enought reliable and good for stree and occasional track use ? And could you tell me how much i will pay for shipping to France via EMS. Thank you very much .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Taka:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, this Ogura single plate is good enough for an N.A model in street and racing use.

This clutch set with protective box packing weight no more than 17.8kg, so the ONLY most preferred shipping via EMS (Express Mail Service) will cost additional JPY 30,590 EMS rate . This shipping method usually will not take more than a week to reach your shipping address in France This Prepaid charges also include your local custom clearing as well as door delivery to you.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sylvain:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank your for your answer, just a precision please,
the ogura clutch weight about 8kg, are you sure the
box is 10kg more ?

Best regards
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Taka:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We have never known of a clutch cover, pressure plate and with a flywheel as a complete set can weight just 8kgs. If the shipping cost is a concern, do consider order more items in one shipment and if orders are more, then it can be ship via other method to make the shipping cost more efficiency.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Incredible !

I wrote a mail to Ogura to ask them the exact weight of the ORC309, no answer.

What the matter wtith Japan sellers ?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know the weight of the ORC309 clutch because I used to have a Cusco Super Single clutch (made by OS Giken) and the 2 are almost identical in design and construction, although the Cusco has slightly more clamping force.

The complete ORC309 clutch (boxed up) should cost maybe 100-120 Euros to send via EMS from JPN to Europe. I've mailed a lot of stuff to myself from the post office at Narita Airport

You should know that, with this type of clutch design, the pedal is EXTREMELY stiff and engagement is EXTREMELY low, like 3 inches off the floorboard. Makes street driving an adventure.

And there is the chatter from the sintered metal clutch disk, it sounds like someone scraping a manhole cover with a tire iron

That being said, this clutch will take a LOT of abuse.

Modified by Kengs at 9:45 AM 12/9/2005
Old 12-09-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Total weight of Ogura clutch (Kengs)

Thanks a lot for this information, i sould i will take an other one