Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Thought she was gone#0578

Old 02-24-2016, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought she was gone#0578

I am freaking out. Please bare with me. I will try to make this short. I bought a 1998 itr#0578 back in 2001.This was the first vehicle I always dreamed about looking at Super Street mags. I was young and after a couple year stint decided it was best to sell it finances etc etc...Fast forward i sold it to a forum member R-Adrenalin in 2004 who kept it only a short while then sold it to R-legend also known as Vtecjerry. Fast forward a couple years and several cars later i decided I wanted to see if I could track down #0578 and maybe just maybe see if the owner wanted to sell. I contacted the owner and he sadly advised me he had totalled the vehicle completely ie; no fixing it - it was gone. Sad as I was I moved on and since had a few other cars. I knew the only replacement for a type R would be an Lotus elise. This was another car I had dreamed about. After owning an elise for a short while I had an accident which resulted in a total loss. That leads me to this day and time. Killing time in a hotel while traveling for business I decided to reminisce and do alittle search for type R etc. I some how decided to google 1998 #0578 and low and behold an ebay link dated in 2014 has a 1998 # 0578 type R forsale. Now I am thinking no way; cant be. Well luckily the pictures are still up. So I look at them and see what could be my old itr including a armrest badge of #0578. Still in disbelief they posted the Vin# and luckily I had access to my old vin and wah lahhhh its a match. The car had since sold and I tried to contact the seller which I am still trying to get ahold of. >>>>cliffs ready - set -go......

Sold car in 2004----new owner sold in 2004-----new owner totaled to be what was explained as total loss...did google search and my old #0578 came up being sold in 2014---matching Vin...... Cheers Im out....

Ebay add for reference http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Acura-Integra-Type-R-98-0578-/291204621714?rmvSB=true
Old 02-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thought she was gone#0578

Old throw back pic from when I owned it. Yes the black lip and clear corners are hideous. i know....If anybody knows anything about this car I would be interested in possibly buying and doing a restoration given everything is legit and this is indeed my old #0578 and no serious damage was done at the time.
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2016, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

interesting for sure....

You say the owner that you sold it to says it was "totaled beyond repair"....

Ebay listing is showing it as "CLEAN TITLE".....

IntegraTypeR.org shows it as Clean title with 64,968 Miles as of 8/22/10.

Dun da dun da dun Inspector Gadget... Dun da dun da dun WHOO WHOOO!!???

Could the next owner just been lying to you so that you didnt ask about it? Maybe was planning to sell to a friend? Who knows... CALL HIM BACK! LOL
Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The history of these cars never disappoints lol. Ive done some history type of threads in the past regarding my previous R and its a crazy trail.

Would LOVE to see pics of when it was supposedly totaled by the previous owner. They must have some pics. And the Accident Check shows NONE. Thats pretty sketchy.

Good luck getting your hands back on her Im adding some of the info here for archive purposes.
Badge: 98-0578
VIN: JH4DC231XWS003198
Mileage: 88,000

Seller Notes:
Versatile Motor Sports has a privately owned CLEAN Title 1998 Acura Integra Type R.
This is your chance to own a Type R with only 88,000 ORIGINAL ACTUAL MILES.
This car has never been beat on and it shows. This is my personal vehicle and I am selling it to
move onto another project to call my own. I am selling my Acura Integra Type R
for $11,500 OBO. The vehicle is also for sale locally and the listing can be cancelled at any time.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this car can be driven from Florida to
California with no issues at all. There is not one drop of oil leaking from this car.
You can eat off the Engine. IT IS THAT CLEAN.Tires will need to be changed soon.
All tires are the same. There are only two things wrong with this car. First, from the
front of the car on the left side you may see that the bumper is off. It needs a new
bracket ONLY to fit it up properly. Second, the Tire Splash Guard in the front is missing.
Like I said I am very picky and anyone looking for a car like this would like to know
everything even though they are Minor. There is No Rust on this car at all and VIN
numbers match Door, Trunk, & Quarter panel. This is the REAL DEAL. No Jokes or Gimmicks.
I can Ship anywhere for additional fee. FREE SHIPPING to Lower 48 States Only with Buy It Now.
This is a UNMOLESTED Stock 1998 Acura Integra Type R with small aftermarket parts.
I will list them, and let the pictures speak for themselves. Car is Sold As-Is with No Warranties Expressed
or Written. For your piece of mind, You can get a Pre-Purchase Inspection at your expense at the
Acura Dealership. Here is the link to my local dealership Fountain Acura | Acura Dealer | Orlando, FL

Please Make sure you have the FUNDS to Purchase or have your financing Approved before
commiting to buying this car. Miles on car may increase as I still drive the car on weekends.
Car is Insured and Registered.

Front Suspension are KYB Struts and Coilovers (Rear are stock)
AEM Intake
4-1 JDM Type R Headers
AEM Cam Gears
UKDM Tail Lights
Yonaka Motorsports Full Piping Exhaust
Truhart Camber Kits
Pioneer Speakers
Attached Images                

Last edited by RTW DC2R; 02-25-2016 at 07:26 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alittle update...Spoke with the Versatile Motorsports today- It does get interesting. After talking and comparing stories etc he advised me a friend of his maybe purchased it wreck, repaired it. Then wrecked it himself and that is when Versatile bought it. They are a body shop so he said he went completely through it and made it perfect; suspension etc...Actually one moment he said to me "i miss that car and wish I still had it"...Long story short he sold it to somebody in TX and hopefully will put me in contact and one step closer. Funny how i purchased it in Dallas Tx from a guy that was going to college there but lived in Florida. I sold it, ended back up in Florida and now in Texas again. Well see where it goes.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I wouldnt say its "perfect". Clearly several body panels dont line up correctly. Make sure to give it a nice inspection if you get the opportunity to buy it.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

It's always like that with Type R ads. The car is immaculate, clean, no expense spared, etc but in person the car is far from it.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Outrun
It's always like that with Type R ads. The car is immaculate, clean, no expense spared, etc but in person the car is far from it.
Oh yes it is!!

I went through this 15x before I bought my 1st R...

Was looking for a minty clean example and went to 5 surrounding states over 4 years to find one.... BUT... I knew before the garage was all the way up on the one I bought that it was the one..

Old 02-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RTW DC2R
There is No Rust on this car at all and VIN
numbers match Door, Trunk, & Quarter panel. This is the REAL DEAL.
Doesnt mention anything about the entire front end of panels being VIN matched....

Maybe neither crasher had full insurance on it... So states never knew of accident... Just got repaired out of pocket.

In the end, this IS your caR. If your gun set on getting the actual one that you owned back, keep going and negotiate. Good luck
Old 02-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I looked into buying this exact car over a year go when it was on Ebay...seller had no idea that it was totaled. I provided him links and pics regarding the car's accident. Chase advised me not to buy and wait for a different R.

https://honda-tech.com/acura-integra.../#post39810183
Old 02-26-2016, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow thanks guys;seems like it never ends. I have yet to get in contact with the current owner. The only draw to this particular ITR is a sentimental value with the idea to completely go through it and properly restore it to its former self. If this ITR did not represent a boyhood dream I would pass on it all day. Once again thanks for all the feedback and help.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

It looks to be in good condition, regardless if it had an accident.

I am sure there's a chance the front panels can be adjusted to line up. Anyone have pictures of the damage (if any) behind the front bumper, wings etc?