Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: silver-gs-R's Resurrection of CDM #00-0177

Old 09-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok guys just some more random shots of parts that I came across in my phone last night, and pictures of another few projects that have kept me busy this summer and away from this vehicle. new fender liners and engine splash shield, these parts will obviously be getting installed after paint is done.

used oem car cover I was lucky enough to find up for sale about a year ago.

oem rotors, as I am sure you guys know the hats do not come painted from Honda on these rotors, so I sent them out and had the hats powder coated flat black.

these are the fronts still wrapped up with new pads awaiting to be installed.

unfortunately living where I live the original calipers stood no chance and yellow coating had been killed.

I had them torn apart and sent away for yellow zinc coating, now I know its quite a lot more yellow then the itR calipers are from factory, but seeing as brand new calipers now longer come coated this

I was lucky enough to find one last brand new steering wheel and had to order it right away.

my original steering wheel wasn't bad....but it wasn't what i wanted.

it was then time to rip out the interior as I had most of the pieces brand new and wanted them replaced. the carpet was almost perfect.... but it wasn't brand new and that's what I am going for here.

all out, going to the bodyshop like this then will be reassembled after all the fumes have settled.

back of the car very clean i must say as I haven't touched anything in there yet. no point of putting in the time right now just to get it back from the body shop with two inches of dust on it.

another non USDM part... I don't care I love the Type-Rx pedals and had to have them.

probably should have waited until the car came back from the body shop before I installed this but I was too excited.

luckily Ryan and AFHParts hooked this up, it was the last one in stock ever thank you sir!!! this shift **** was only available on JDM cars and US ITR not CDM ITR.

deciding what cover to go with........

so I got both JDM and USDM, and then deiced to use the proper USDM Valve Cover with the Type-Rx Carbon Spark Plug Wire Cover

random pictures of summer in 2015 when I used to own a Spa Yellow 2003 Honda S2000 aswel..

random yellow pictures... I no longer own the S2000. Had it for two years and that was enough it just doesn't do it for me.. I hate to say it but I can help it. Just didn't love the car.

more randoms this was before I had even thought about touching that disgucting engine bay.

Here is my first love. Fully built 506whp 2.0L GTx3582R and a huge huge list to go along with everything else, but this thread isn't about this car so who cares haha. Picture courtesy of Jason Hoang

.....and probably my favorite car I own, 1999 Civic Si-R with a K20Z3 and bunch of other cool crap. This is also my track car.... I swear it is I will post pictures of it on the track haha. Track/Show

back end yummy.

side profile... god I love this body style.

more front end love. love the first molding front carbon lip and canards

as some of you may or may not know... CDM IT-R never came with any of the Carbon Faux Interior Pieces except around the gauge cluster. I was lucky enough to find all the pieces.

Type-Rx Pedals and USDM/JDM Shift ****, I know I have a Canadian shift **** somewhere I will post a picture when I find it.

This was also purchased for the ITR, but I ended up using it in the Civic. As cool as it is it didn't really belong in the ITR.

Last remaining set of USDM IT-R Gunmetal wheels... Had to have them. They may still be available in the States but in Canada they are definitely discontinued.

getting mounted at work.

mounted onto Bridgestone Potenza Re040 205/50R15....yes I know it isn't the factory size but 195/55R15 just sucks sooo badly.

Two set of brand new ITR checkered floor mats. One will be used the other will be hidden away as a spare set. I do also have a brand new trunk mat.... no picture though.

January of 2016, Civic being brought back to life.

April 2016, the day I came back from Mexico. Bodyshop just finished installing the rear window and a brand new front OEM Honda windshield.

The rear quarter glass was done after I left.

This is the same bodyshop that will be doing the ITR and they also did my GSR four years ago. I love these guys, two older Italian brothers who take pride in their work.

Maranello's Auto Refinishing
403-230-8900
Calgary

Old 09-26-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Great to see updates on the cars! The R is on track to be a beauty, I kept wondering since you posted once and disappeared.

Now that I am not living down the street from your old boss, I have a story...

One day in 2010, I was sitting out in front of my house chatting with my neighbor, and had my Prelude parked out front. We hear a car ripping around at rather high rpm, and eventually this R comes shooting around the bend, and jams on his brakes right next to my Prelude. Revs the hell out of it, dumps the clutch, does what I guess is a decent burnout for the little 1.8, then rips away towards his house. That was the last time I saw the car on the street, so I sort of wonder if it was the day he blew heR up.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome commitment to your restoration!
Old 09-26-2016, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Great to see updates on the cars! The R is on track to be a beauty, I kept wondering since you posted once and disappeared.

Now that I am not living down the street from your old boss, I have a story...

One day in 2010, I was sitting out in front of my house chatting with my neighbor, and had my Prelude parked out front. We hear a car ripping around at rather high rpm, and eventually this R comes shooting around the bend, and jams on his brakes right next to my Prelude. Revs the hell out of it, dumps the clutch, does what I guess is a decent burnout for the little 1.8, then rips away towards his house. That was the last time I saw the car on the street, so I sort of wonder if it was the day he blew heR up.
Hahaha so good Dan!

Great update OP, really nice teg you got there. I really like the fact you knew the car from day one and some how managed to get ownership.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

very clean! looking forward to seeing heR put back together! BTW that car cover is legit! Always wanted one but cannot find it anywhere. You got some premium discontinued items there! Have you been holding on to them for your build for awhile or do you have access to some magical shop that sells discontinued parts?

Last edited by porofek; 09-27-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by porofek
very clean! looking forward to seeing heR put back together! BTW that car cover is legit! Always wanted one but cannot find it anywhere. You got some premium discontinued items there! Have you been holding on to them for your build for awhile or do you have access to some magical shop that sells discontinued parts?
thanks man please keep checking back in. I have two legit OEM car covers with bags. No sorry man I don't have access to discontinued parts lol I just get lucky checking forums and come across this stuff... But I will promise you I've paid a pretty penny for almost all of my used rare parts. And I'm not complaining about it but even I am starting to think it is getting slightly ridiculous.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_gs-R
thanks man please keep checking back in. I have two legit OEM car covers with bags. No sorry man I don't have access to discontinued parts lol I just get lucky checking forums and come across this stuff... But I will promise you I've paid a pretty penny for almost all of my used rare parts. And I'm not complaining about it but even I am starting to think it is getting slightly ridiculous.
Let me know if you decide to sell the OEM car cover :D.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it painted yet?
Old 10-13-2016, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, im super jealous of your collection. Please tell me you still own that GSR as well?
Old 12-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE TIME!!!!

Thursday December 22-2016

#177 was delivered to my body shop hoping for a finished product by the end of February.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys!!! We got progress! Ordered more parts for the body shop today and was told car should be completed in four weeks

Old 01-30-2017, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

latest project to join the family
love big nasty German V8s
how #00-0177 sits as of this morning, hoping it may be painted by the end of this week.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice
Old 01-30-2017, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good
Old 01-30-2017, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice updates
Old 01-31-2017, 07:29 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Solid build, nice updates too.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@civicsiboyboy
thanks man

@ssmrico
thanks man

@white rocket
thanks man

@Bently_Coop
much appreciated, please keep checking in lots of updates coming once the car is back from the body shop. all parts are ready to be installed, #0177 will definitely be driven Summer 2k17
Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok fellas car took a bit longer than we scheduled for but its all done now and finally home. I've been very busy with other projects which gives the paint some time to real heal up. hopefully this weekend I can get some hours into it.
early April before it came home.
On a side note I picked up another R in the mean time. A friend called me a was pretty desperate to get rid of this so I had to jump on it.
2001 CDM car, 159km unfortunately it has been smacked from behind once, however I don't care makes it the perfect car to go have fun with and not stress too much over.

yes the full red interior is there and I will tell you IT IS ABSOLUTELY MINT!
also has the optional kit, which I have already taken off the car and will be posting up for grabs were soon.
using the boss's dealer plate to get her home. was only a five minute drive than it was all ripped apart haha.

and this was a couple of weekend ago when I used my homie's badass Tundra to bring heR back home.
getting some much needed sun, poor thing hasn't seen sunlight in five almost six full years.
my good homie Tommy doing his thing and wrapping the entire car in 3M Pro-Series film. no rock chips, swirls, or rust ever on you baby.
Attached Images              
Old 05-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me know if you want to sell the red cdm front seats.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice Alex!! Both cars look amazing.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet rides!
​​​​​​​
Old 05-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Taking pictures for reference as new dust protectors are being prepared for installation.
Passenger door.
Unfortunately some jackass back in the day installed an aftermarket sound system in here and wasn't nice to anything that was in his way. Everything returning back to stock.
All new stickers. New rear washer nozzle.
Brand new Y56P driver and passenger mirror assemblies
Mmmmmm brand oem painted parts are amazing.
All new stickers, all new emblems, brand new taillights with gaskets, all new mouldings, new quarters windows, and completely wrapped in 3m film protection for many many years of proitection.
All the old gunk cleaned off ready for new covers and new speakers (yes shitty oem speakers but I wouldn't have it any other way)
My homie Adrian laying down the new Honda Gunk
I needed one new quarter window inner cover, luckily I found one last brand new one in stock at Honda Canada.
Mmmmmm fresh oem goodness.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking good!

Too funny, I was thinking that I should ask if you knew Adrian, and there he is!

Quick Reply: silver-gs-R's Resurrection of CDM #00-0177