Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Replacing ITR Rear LCA Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing ITR Rear LCA Bushings

So I have searched and not found anything that exactly answers my question... So I'm replacing the the Rear LCA bushings on my 2000 ITR with some bushings from Hardrace. The stock bushings pressed out easily, but my issue is getting the new Hardrace bushings pressed back in. They look to be the same size, but its so tight the press wants to bend or fold the LCA together... Is there any secret to pressing in these bushings or should I double check they are correct?

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replacing ITR Rear LCA Bushings

Measure your LCA I.D and the Bushing O.D with a caliper. It will most likely be a interference fit, so the LCA I.D will be smaller than the Hardrace O.D... I would guess around 0.008" smaller than the Hardrace OD. I would check with Hardrace, they shouldn't be that hard with a press.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Type-ARR
So I have searched and not found anything that exactly answers my question... So I'm replacing the the Rear LCA bushings on my 2000 ITR with some bushings from Hardrace. The stock bushings pressed out easily, but my issue is getting the new Hardrace bushings pressed back in. They look to be the same size, but its so tight the press wants to bend or fold the LCA together... Is there any secret to pressing in these bushings or should I double check they are correct?

Thanks,
I had some issues with replacing my rear lca bushings as well. Opted for a new set of OEM rear LCA's -- Check with Chase because I am pretty sure they are still available for 150ish a set.

I think this is the main reason Honda does not sell the replacement bushings for the rear LCA's. It ends up being difficult to setup the press "jig" perfectly so the stamped steel doesn't warp.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I asked about this on ITRCA about a year ago. I was given the advise to just buy new arms (either oem or hardrace) and that is what I would do if I were you. I do not know how strong the LCA's are when you put them on thier sides and try to press bushing in and out. For me it wasnt worth it to potentially bend the arms during that process.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:54 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

On my CRX, one of the arms was a simple knock-out with hammer, knock in with 2lb hammer job. On the other arm, the bushing knocked out with a hammer fine but I noticed it was distorted into a cone shape. When I tried to knock the new bushing in, it wouldn't go straight no matter what. I bought a 12 ton press and managed to get the bushing started into the hole. But after about 1cm, the press reached it's limit and the safety-valve inside bypassed the fluid. I did manage to beat the bushing the rest of the way in with a 2lb brass hammer. The point is the arms are not a perfect shape and you never know if it will be tough or not.

The good news is you have nothing to loose. Sell the Hardrace and get some OEM (they are better anyways). If those don't press in, then buy new arms.

Your other option is to sand the paint off the Hardrace bushings to make it work.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94eg!
Sell the Hardrace and get some OEM (they are better anyways). If those don't press in, then buy new arms.
This is part of the issue -- Honda does not sell OEM rear lca bushings... only the arms with the bushings pressed in already.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:03 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

oh crud. This whole time I was thinking trailing arm bushings. My bad
Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Guys, I went ahead and dropped $150 on a set of Hardrace complete rear LCA... Getting out the rusted OEM bushings was going to bend the stock rear LCA.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I did the same. They work perfectly fine I have heard they dont last long though. We'll see.