Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OT: supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT: supercharger question

i have a JRSC on my car and no one can hear nor can i hear the whining of the supercharger. anyone else have this happen also? im not complaining or anything i like the no sound but am just wondering bc when i read alot of the JRSC threads, they always talk about the whining noise. ok thats about it. oh and my setup is in my sig if thats any indication on no whine. thanks.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OT: supercharger question (gosu08)

Make a recording of the lack of whine and we'll decide if it's acceptable.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well there is no whine at all...from outside the car you hear exhaust and from the inside you hear exhaust but i will post up a clip this saturday if i get a chance to. no one suspects that im supercharged...they always say im nitrous....
Old 08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There should be some, I bet you'd hear it with a stock header and exhaust, the Thermal 3" is probably just too loud to be able to hear any kind of a SC whine...
Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's really odd.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (get RIGHT)

I don't remember mine being super loud, but I do remember hearing it. And I had stock h/e but the JRSC intake, etc.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (R-box)

hrmmz i guess it just must be the thermal 3". just curious. thanks for the inquiries.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeh, i had mugen TL, JR intake, Kami header and yesss when you Full Throttle, you can hear it LOUD on mine ..got people breaking their necks to see what it is...haha
Old 08-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the jrsc, kami, 3" thermal. I could hear the whine of the blower inside the car, and you could definitely hear it outside the car.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (Batoutahell)

huh wonder why mine doesnt. i guess ill just record it this saturday or something.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:57 PM

Try having someone come toward you from a stop in 1st and 2nd from a few hundred feet away. You should be able to hear something.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Reilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reilly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try having someone come toward you from a stop in 1st and 2nd from a few hundred feet away. You should be able to hear something.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i have a comptech icebox, mine barely whines with the box lid on, and a definite sound when the lid is off
Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a cone filter just stuck on the T/B w/ no intake tube. Man everyone could hear mine screaming! But then I was packing 10 psi and my blower was extensively ported. But, even when I had the stock blower @ 4 psi I could hear it some. Depending on how fast your blower is spinning also has an affect on it.
Are you using the stock kit w/ no different pulleys?

EDIT:---I hate when someone says, " just do a search" but there is a great thread of all the S/C info you could take in for days on here. Type in "JRSC" and it will be the longest running thread of it's kind. It's been going on since 4/06 I think. All my info is there too. happy hunting.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (HYREV2NR)

i am running on the 7 lbs pulley with my stock intake.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JjuuN R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There should be some, I bet you'd hear it with a stock header and exhaust, the Thermal 3" is probably just too loud to be able to hear any kind of a SC whine...</TD></TR></TABLE>

a bit OT, but the thermal 3" I have on my turbo civic is one of the quieter exhausts I've heard. Of course this doesn't apply 100%, as the turbo itself functions as a resonator for sound, but I've heard another JRSC car with a thermal exhaust (del sol Si) and you could deff. hear the whine over the sound of the exhaust. Whether inside the car, or driving next to it. Just my $.02
Old 08-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (pvt_awol)

this thermal exhaust is loud to me. idk that just my opinion. as i said, ill try and get a few vids tonight and then we can judge if you can hear it or not.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gosu08 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am running on the 7 lbs pulley with my stock intake.</TD></TR></TABLE>If your running the stock ITR intake, that is the reason why you don't hear the blower that much.
When I first installed my SC, I used the alternator pulley that came w/ the JR kit and the blower had a 4.2" snout pulley. All totalled up to only 4.5 LBS of boost.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your exhaust is too loud to be able to hear it, throw some stock exhaust on there and u will hear it whine for sure
Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (JRSC01GS-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRSC01GS-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your exhaust is too loud to be able to hear it, throw some stock exhaust on there and u will hear it whine for sure </TD></TR></TABLE>I had the Apex N1 c/b w/ a test pipe and a Kami header. Got the port job done on the SC and when I opened the throttle the blower and the N1 had a fight on which one was the loudest. One reason I will never do a SC again cause the straight through exhaust is sooooooooo loud! It sounded nasaly when I had the silencer in.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh hell yea I only ran test pipe for a short while cause as soon as I hit boost it was soo loud and attracted too much attention for me. now my motor is toast so car is just sittin in garage not makin a whole lot of noise these days
Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (JRSC01GS-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRSC01GS-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> now my motor is toast so car is just sittin in garage not makin a whole lot of noise these days </TD></TR></TABLE>Don't feel alone. Mines not making any noise either.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ultraspeed DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ultraspeed DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i have a comptech icebox, mine barely whines with the box lid on, and a definite sound when the lid is off</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was going to say. when i had the jrsc on my car i also had the comptech intake. I couldn't hear the blower whine at all when the air box lid was on. however when it was off the blower would scream. i bet thats why you can't hear if you still have your stock air box.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeknikDC2)

When I was on the passenger side of the car, (wife driving) A ported blower w/ a cone filter stuck right on the throttle body was defening! After 3 or 4 good pulls my right ear was ringing for a while.
If I didn't have dial up I'd try to load my dyno video. We had to tune the car with the doors closed. It was ear-bleeding loud!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (get RIGHT)

I have run across this three times and all three were the blower was a bit on the worn side. There was not as much drag/ psi to create the load " which seems to cause the whine".. Check your charger for loss of the chrome coating on the impellers.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: supercharger question (Rene M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rene M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Check your charger for loss of the chrome coating on the impellers. </TD></TR></TABLE>You mean the teflon coating? I had a blower with alot of the coating worn off and it still would still wind loudly.

Quick Reply: OT: supercharger question