Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OT: Honda Formula 1 team suck!

Old 03-31-2002, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck!

I just can't take it anymore. Two possibly 3 engine failures and no points once again. Sorry had to vent my immense frustration!

[Modified by HONDAF1, 12:49 PM 3/31/2002]

[Modified by HONDAF1, 12:55 PM 3/31/2002]
Old 03-31-2002, 09:49 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 team suck! (HONDAF1)

everyone knows this...Honda deserve to get their butt kicked if they're not putting forth the kind of effort it takes to win.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 team suck! (HONDAF1)

I'm....
dying here....

I watch it like a bad addiction....that maybe just MAYBE we'll (Honda family) will get some points if the Ferraris blow up and the Mercedes crash....and the rest of the teams wheels fall off .....

Oh, the glory days of McLaren Honda..... BAR only got one podium finish last year if I'm not mistaken??

Old 03-31-2002, 09:52 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 team suck! (Ross)

Well they are putting in 210 million, more than any other team including Ferrari and Toyota. All this money spent though makes Honda look even worse though. They are saying by Canada the power will be there but we will see!
Old 03-31-2002, 09:52 AM
New User

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 team suck! (Ross)

Villneuve needs to sign with a better team. IMO he is probably top three in driving skill alone...the BAR chassis and Honda motor do him no justice at all.

Either way, it was a good race..Montoya came back to 5th from being 19, after his front end came off..quite entertaining.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:53 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck! (HONDAF1)

this is why F1 sucks
Old 03-31-2002, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck! (B-DIDDYR2K)

hey they may suck but listen to the Mugen F1 engine
http://hondaf1.vtec.net/av/Honda.wav
Old 03-31-2002, 09:59 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck! (hooptie157)

I use that Mugen F1 engine sound for my voice mail! It scares the crap out of my girlfriend
Old 03-31-2002, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck! (B-DIDDYR2K)

this is why F1 sucks
F1 sucks because Honda are unable to produce a competitive engine? Interesting.

Today's race was excellent. The rest of this season promises to be an incredible battle between Schumacher and Montoya. Honda, unfortunately, are irrelevant.

[Modified by norice, 11:05 AM 3/31/2002]
Old 03-31-2002, 10:07 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck! (norice)

its a little more than that. F1 sucks because its all lead and follow and wait til the guy in front of you blows up his motor. Thats it. period. It sucks ***. Oh and the drivers are jackasses and Im sick of people saying its the greatest thing ever. Whats so great about watching an overpaid european who thinks he is better than you drive an over priced go-kart around the track? NOTHING IMO
Old 03-31-2002, 10:13 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck

Where do you think VTEC came from? It came from F1. Honda should've never left the sport.

Jeremy
Old 03-31-2002, 10:21 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck (Titanium White)

Im not a VTEC zealot so I really dont care where it came from. F1 didnt design VTEC. An enginier did in order to basically cheat the rules. Even my friends dad who is a HUGE F1 fan says while NASCAR does a shotty job of some regulations. You know what you can and can not do to your car and motor. Its black and white. F1 teams spend millions of dollars only to have their idea be deamed against the rules and they cant use it.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck! (HONDAF1)

I am pissed as ever. Senna's days are long gone and along with the HONDA SPIRIT. Since Sorchiro Honda died, this company turned into so business oriented that all the racing spirit runs by business man, not young blood JR team like it used to be.
Look at street car, like what Spoon President said on the Vol. 54 Hot Version Best Motoring Video, " DC5R = Sporty Car,
DC2R= SPORT CAR, after new R lost the race with pissed off Tsuchiya driving it because Hattori drove away from him in the old Spoon DC2R.
eddie
Old 03-31-2002, 10:38 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck (B-DIDDYR2K)

So what million dollar ideas have been deemed against the rules? And I never said that "F1" designed VTEC. I said that it came from F1, meaning Honda developed it while running their F1 program. As for the Honda teams sucking ****, yes they do at the moment. Give them time. Look at Renult last year compared to this year. BAR's problem was thier chassis. They hired a guy (Malcolm Olster) who had no F1 experience. Olster came from CART. Designing a CART car is completely different than a F1 car. BAR found that out the hard way. That is why Olster is gone from BAR.

[Modified by Titanium White, 1:40 PM 3/31/2002]
Old 03-31-2002, 10:41 AM

i know what some of them are but not a whole lot.

The idea of puttinbg a skirt around the car to create a vacum undet the car so it would stick to the ground... How about the Oval piston design? That was big.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:46 AM

Yes, now their chief aerodynamcist (sp?) is from Williams so hopefully in a couple of races their aerodynamics will be up to par.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:47 AM

Are you refering to Barge Boards? I'm not following... I know that in the late 70's thru the 80's, the cars had some sort of ground effects on them. As for the oval pistons, what team was that?

Old 03-31-2002, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know what some of them are <FONT COLOR="red">but not a whole lot</FONT>.

About sums it up.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:29 AM

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck (KJR)

i know what some of them are <FONT COLOR="red">but not a whole lot</FONT>.

About sums it up.

Thats a referance to me not knowing all of them because i dont study and or follow F1. I make it a habit to not support people who dont l**** me. But there are plenty. I just listen to my friends dad and absorbe what what i absorbe. I cant stand F1, so why would study or care about it rather than have a couple referances?

Would it really matter if there wernt a whole lot anyway? Plain and simple, I hate F1 and nobody is changing my mind, until they the drivers treat the american fan with respect. They would just assume spit in your face, the fan, as they would spit in mine because you are a filthy american slob to them. Yoo are trash and if it wasnt for us, they wouldnt be racing today!!!

The oval piston was developed by Honda i think. Im really not sure and Fred isnt home to ask. But they ran 1 race before F1 outlawed it. WTF? They spent a ton of money only to be told they cant use it? BS. F1 rules dont evolve. They change to whoever is in charge and what he wants to see in the cars.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:32 AM

Are you refering to Barge Boards? I'm not following... I know that in the late 70's thru the 80's, the cars had some sort of ground effects on them. As for the oval pistons, what team was that?
i dont know the name, just what they were. I think it was a competator showed up with a plastic skirt around the bottom of his vehicle that would drag and form to the road undernieth. This creates a vacum and sucks the car down makign it handle much better than any other car.

Thats an example of cheap technological break through trhat they outlawed because they didnt like it. There a tons of these examples out there. I just dont remember the specifics.

I shouldnt say that I hate all F1. I like the old school early 20th century F1 when racing was racing, not million dollar teams up to about the 50s and some of the 60s.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:19 PM
Trial User

I myself watch both Nascar and F1 and CART and IRL. I don't believe all the drivers are stuck up sometimes it all culture differences. Someone once said MS acts all stuckup but he's not it's about how about most folks from Germany act. Someone said Japanese were stuckup and I said half the time they don't speak is because they don't understand and they rather not be embarrassed by it.

As for Honda engines blowing up I'm not sure whats going on with that but it seems like the engines are not any better then last yr even though they where improved on since last yr. In Japan Jordan looks to be the team Honda will back next yr if they perform better then BAR and plus having Japanese F1 driver on the team helps as well. BAR got problems there new team princepal from Prodrive is firing folks left and right I believe total of 50 have been let go. They said it will make the team better but it seems to me thats just 50 extra folks they don't have to pay anymore this yr.
As for JV he has too many excuses for not doing well and is getting out drove alot of the times by Panis. To me if the other #2 driver can drive faster then the #1 driver it's not the chassis it's the driver and his setup. JV if he leaves BAR then more then likely he will go with Jag as it's pretty certain Eddie I. will be gone after this yr is over. Heck maybe EI will goto BAR and JV to JAG. can't hurt them. But if EI doesn't get on with top 5-7 team he will end up with either on the former Prost team which should be coming around next yr or Arrows team which need better drivers.

Whats bad about Honda is there getting out done by the new Toyota team there first yr out and already have 2 points and Honda as none as of yet.
Next yr Toyota should be even better as they should have better aero package then this yr which right now is what holding the car back.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:40 PM
New User

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck (Racer-X)

As for JV he has too many excuses for not doing well and is getting out drove alot of the times by Panis. To me if the other #2 driver can drive faster then the #1 driver it's not the chassis it's the driver and his setup.
Actually, JV has been driving very well. He hasn't been competitive for a LONG time now, so I imagine his skills may need a little honing. As far as Panis outdriving him, I haven't really seen that happen. In qualifying, he has "almost" always done better than Panis. In race situations, he also does better most of the time. The podium finishes at BAR were all from JV. If you take a look at the points standings from last year, I hardly call Panis' performance better than JV's...

Of course, I live in Quebec, so I guess I should be a JV supporter
Old 03-31-2002, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That oval engined car was, in fact, developed by Honda, but it NEVER ran a race. They used the technology in a road race motorcycle: the NSR750.

The 'ground effects' cars were replaced back in the late 1970's!!! They were replaced with 'flat bottomed' cars with venturis at the rear behind the wheels which gave them even more downforce.

Dude, get your facts together. Please.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck (Racer-X)

I read in an F1 mag from Europe last night that the current Honda engine is extremely lightweight, contrary in design principle to previous Honda engines which were heavier to tolerate the stress of an entire F1 race better. The heavier engines from last year made up for their weight by producing more power. One advantage of this year's engine is the 90 degree V-angle though.

The article went on to say Eddie Jordan flew to Japan in a panic to meet with Honda engineers and reps for assurances the reliability issues with the fragile lightweight engines would be resolved. Sounds like an expensive, painstaking problem to have. They may even have to go as far as to have the current cars retrofitted for last year's engines if things don't get better.

I'm like the guy who said he keeps watching the races hoping for a good result for Honda, which seems only possible if the front runners and even some of the mid-pack teams fall out.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:57 PM
New User

Default Re: OT: Honda Formula 1 teams suck (330R)

One advantage of this year's engine is the 90 degree V-angle though.
How is it an advantage? And where did u get that info anyways? Angles on F1 engines are usually secret for years b4 they let the public know...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: Honda Formula 1 team suck!