Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OT: Anyone from Hawaii or been to Hawaii? I am going to there for the first time, YES!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 08:26 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Anyone from Hawaii or been to Hawaii? I am going to there for the first time, YES!!

I would appreciate if you can give me some pointer. I am looking for a package on Expedia.com for air/hotel combo. Any suggestion? The expecting date is Aug. 25th to Aug. 31th. If any can give my suggestion on cheap airfare/hotel I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mack
Old 07-12-2001, 08:38 AM
New User

Default Re: OT: Anyone from Hawaii or been to Hawaii? I am going to there for the first time, YES!! (Jaysmy

Are you going to The actual island of Hawaii? Most likely you are are going to the island of Oahu...... That is where Honolulu is.

Book em' Dano.

I spent 3 1/2 years there while I was in the military. Hotels back then (1990 to 1993) averaged around $85.00 a night. I always went to the same one by the airport.

Remember to take your speedos ...... and your wallet.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:54 AM

Default Re: OT: Anyone from Hawaii or been to Hawaii? I am going to there for the first time, YES!! (Jaysmy

Remember to take your speedos ...... and your wallet.
"friends don't let friends wear speedos. case closed"
Old 07-12-2001, 09:21 AM

Remember to take your wallet.
Expensive place! Even a gallon of milk is hella expensive. Nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there. Of course I did live there for 8 years. I was only 12 when I left though, so I really did not have any perception of what it took to live there.
Have fun. Be sure to visit HANAUMA bay. Awesome place to snorkel.
James
Old 07-12-2001, 09:27 AM
New User

Home Sweet Home, for Me!

I haven't been there for 2 years now, but I'll be there for Christmas.

Old 07-12-2001, 09:30 AM
New User

That's the same way I feel about LA! Damm, cost of living here is EXPENSIVE!
Remember to take your wallet.

Expensive place! Even a gallon of milk is hella expensive. Nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there. Of course I did live there for 8 years. I was only 12 when I left though, so I really did not have any perception of what it took to live there.
Have fun. Be sure to visit HANAUMA bay. Awesome place to snorkel.
James
Old 07-12-2001, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got back from a vacation there.

I spent a few days in Oahu (Honolulu) - I thought it sucked, a standard small city with many very rich people shopping. That's about it..

Then I spent about a week on Maui - Maui rocked. Spend as much time as you can on Hawaii (the big island as they call it there) or Maui.

The car scene is pretty big on Honolulu - I almost saw as much rice there as I do on a standard Friday night in Gwinnett, GA. Some dude went by me in a yellow ITR

Old 07-12-2001, 10:58 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny that Hawaii is so damn small but people build fast cars. 0-the ocean might take you 20 seconds.

Hawaii has some of the most beautiful girls in the world, if you like Asian women. If I was going there I'd bring a huge box of condoms and my best shirt.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:05 AM
Trial User

you have great timing. from august 24-26 will be the 2001 Streetcar Showoff. Kristen Muranaga is coming down woo hoo... as far as an airfare/hotel package you might wanna try priceline.com. i'm not sure where the cheapest hotels.. i think the cheapest is $100 a night

oh yeah this is for the island of oahu
Old 07-12-2001, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to Hawaii in September. Go to http://www.travelocity.com to find the best prices on tickets. Excellent website
Old 07-12-2001, 11:24 AM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: OT: Anyone from Hawaii or been to Hawaii? I am going to there for the first time, YES!! (VTEC-L

Kristen Muranaga

[Modified by Ross1013, 8:25 PM 7/12/2001]
Old 07-12-2001, 11:28 AM
Trial User

Default Re: OT: Anyone from Hawaii or been to Hawaii? I am going to there for the first time, YES!! (VTEC-L

Sorry but who is Kristen Muranaga? Pics anyone?
Old 07-12-2001, 11:37 AM
New User

I have another tip!!!

Watch out for the old guy at the beach with the foot and half long *******!!! I swear this is for real.

This old guy used to walk along the strip by the beach in speedos and his nut suck was ungodly long. He must have had special speedos made with extra material in the sack region.

ugh!!! Steer clear for your own sake.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:39 AM
New User

Be sure to visit HANAUMA bay. Awesome place to snorkel.
James
Yeah.. i've snorkeled there.... it was aiiiight. Did you driving snorkeling or diving anywhere else? B/c, pardon my friend but that place SUCKS! hehe. It was my first place to snorkel in Hawaii. After going to other places and scuba/snuba diving, I realized that that place just wasted one of my days. It was so overpopulated with people, the fish weren't colorfull, the water was cloudy form all of the people (sand), and because people were feeding the fish.. the fu@%ers were nipping people! hehe

Anyway... I am actually going to Maui this summer (so excited!!!), and if you go there I HIGHLY recommend you go to Ahihi Bay. It is a preserve, so there are lots of beautifull reef fish, and the reef is not damaged like in many other tourist spots. I have also heard good things about La Puruse Bay(spelling?), so I'll most likely check that out this time. Also.. if you go to Maui, I would have second thoughts about spending a day at Molokini Crater... it is a BIG tourist spot. The more popular DEFINITELY is not more better IMO. Ask the diving center at the hotel if they have one.

If you go to the Big Island, check out Kalicakua Bay - Cpt. Cook Monument (spelling) in Kona. That place was sweet. Just watch out the Orval the 20 year old HUGE moray eel that dwels there.. he scared this **** outa me.

Lots of other stuff to do.... surf/bodyboard/kayack/luaow(spelling)/site seeing..

Since I have been to all of the main islands (Maui, Big Island, and Oahu).. heres the way I look at it:

Oahu: best night life, more tourists, more croooowded, decent water (from where I have been)

Big Island: Most quiet. lots of greeeeeeeeeeeeenery. I mean, the Island was SOOOOOOOOO open, but I guess it was peacefull. We had to drive like an hour all the way to Kona to do some of the things we wanted. Dont forget to check out the active volcano (if it still is ) when you go. hehe

Maui: best water, awesome places to snorkel/snuba/scuba, beautifull, and my fav!

Hope you have a great time!

Jon
Old 07-12-2001, 11:41 AM
Oracle of GDD

Kristen Muranaga is one of the new crop of Asian "import models", along with Natasha Yi, Rowena Galam, and Kaila Yu. Sung Hi Lee is actually the queen of Asian models but she doesn't do car shows. I read that Kristen Muranaga is Japanese, but she is more bodacious than your average JDM girl. Search for any of these chicks online and you'll like what you see.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:46 AM
Trial User

Thank you guys! I think I am going to Oahu. The place is Waikiki Parkside Hotel. $500 for 5 nights, air/hotel. I think it is pretty decent considering I paid more when I took my last vacation, December of 98-long ago. Since it is a big car sence over there, there must be a lot of huchie. I am an amatuer photography, so my equipment is ready to snap up the most beautiful girls in the world. And of course, I will snap though car-model chick for you guys, too.

thanks again...

Mack
Old 07-12-2001, 12:12 PM
New User

To check out the Import Models go to:
http://www.zoomx.com

You won't be disappointed if you like Asian chicks!

Old 07-12-2001, 12:20 PM
Oracle of GDD

yeah ZoomX is pretty nice. Try NatashaYi.com too she is smokin'.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:22 PM

Be sure to visit HANAUMA bay. Awesome place to snorkel.
James

Yeah.. i've snorkeled there.... it was aiiiight. Did you driving snorkeling or diving anywhere else? B/c, pardon my friend but that place SUCKS! hehe. It was my first place to snorkel in Hawaii. After going to other places and scuba/snuba diving, I realized that that place just wasted one of my days. It was so overpopulated with people, the fish weren't colorfull, the water was cloudy form all of the people (sand), and because people were feeding the fish.. the fu@%ers were nipping people! hehe
Jon
Well it has been about 15 years since I was there. For a 12 year old it's an awesome place.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:25 PM
New User

All the fellas are right! About the fact that each island is diferent in it's own way. It all depends on what your looking for and what you want out of your vacation. (Surfing, night life, peace and quite, etc....) That's so funny, I lived there all my life and I haven't gone to all of the other islands. Just Kauai "The Garden Island" with all the Mei'nehunei's stories that the island is know for. Can't wait to go back home! It been along time!
Old 07-12-2001, 12:34 PM
I shoot brides

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

if j00 like golf and can pass for a local, j00 can play at some nice golf courses at the kama'aina rate

yoshi - who got to play at some sweet golf course on Maui as a kama'aina - lol
Old 07-13-2001, 01:36 PM
Trial User

hehe.. maybe i should take you to the beach and teach you pidgeon.. kama'aina rate is always g00d
Old 07-13-2001, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The problem with Hawaii (at least Oahu) is that everyone drives super slow. I mean like 35mph everywhere, and MAYBE 50 on the freeway. In fact, there is a MINIMUM speed posted on the freeway of 45 in addition to the maximum speed. I guess people would be driving even slower if they had a choice. I drove around in a rented Mustang, and it was frustrating.

Other than that, Hawaii is a really nice place to visit.

Old 07-13-2001, 04:35 PM
New User

im going to hawaii from 8/3-8/15
about $1000 for hotel, food (3meals a day), hawaiian water park fee, luau dinner, transportation and native people taking us sight seeing with a about 100+ dollars to spend for gifts.

im going because there will be a international soccer tournament there and i am going to represent USA (even though i am a asian) born and raised in cali. lol

i went to hanauma bay about 5 years ago and it was not crouded at all
but i guess we were lucky

hope that we do well in the tournament

[Modified by nevergiveup, 5:36 PM 7/13/2001]