Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OG roll call

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OG roll call

Still here and the ITR family has grown a bit:
#98-717 - original owner with about 21k miles. It's more or less been in storage since 2006.
#98-108 - purchased in early 2011, former West Coast Acura Training Center car and featured on edmunds.com. It's about as new/mint as it gets - it still has the air bag sticker on the dash. It's in storage obviously.
#98-731 - purchased in 2014 (restored in 2015-2016). It's a full race car that was sponsored by Acura North America (built/raced by Mark Hein) and competed in the 2000 24hrs of Spa Francorchamps. It was the first all US team to compete, finish the race and win the Coupe du Roi. It was also featured in Sport Compact Car by Peter Brock. Lastly it also competed in the 2001-2003 Speedvision / Speed Channel World Challenge and was a test vehicle for the 2003 miles on Spa Francorchamp in 2003.
#FTI-98-03 (ST7-0003014) (under going restoration) - purchased and imported from Europe in 2017. It was the factory werks car for Honda, raced by Honda/ELR, Foss-Tech chassis and driven by Thierry Tassin. It competed in the 1998 Belgian Procar Series (manufacture world champion), the 1998 24hrs of Spa Francorchamps, the 1999 Portuguese Touring Car Championship (champion) and the 2014 Portuguese Historic Series (champion).

I spend most of my spare time restoring these race cars, and researching & documenting historical Type R racing in Europe. The restoration and documentation can be found on the ITRCA site.

Last edited by Rboosted717; 06-29-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:43 AM
Beard

Damn someone loves the ITR!
Old 04-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still alive.
she sat for last 2 years and got over taken by rats
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Louie
SWEET!!!! Still around just no R. Currently racing an EG in socal with vtecclubusa.
Please attend. We are slated to have a solid turn-out of OG's (with and without their current/old R's.) :thumb up:

Originally Posted by itr1244
still alive.
she sat for last 2 years and got over taken by rats
Yikes! I hope there isn't significant damage...
Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sup bitches!!! Still around. ITRs are long gone but I still check the forums every now and then.

Have had a couple of WRXes, picked up an 18 Fit Sport recently. Hopefully one day will be able to own a CTR.

Very cool to see some old familiar names - hope all is well with you guys!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still here after 20 years. Car still puts a big grin on my face, but she is going under the knife to freshen up the engine. She'll come back stronger than ever
Old 04-27-2018, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BABY NSX
Still here after 20 years. Car still puts a big grin on my face, but she is going under the knife to freshen up the engine. She'll come back stronger than ever
thats nice .. remember me? you gave me a ride in your itr at cayuga.. a long time ago..
its nice to see you around still... i still got my 2001 itr ..
your itr was always nice..

what are you doing to the motor? keeping the original block?
Old 04-29-2018, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still here......earlier today.....

Old 04-29-2018, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chad

Odometer reading impressive...Speedometer reading not so much...

Scott, who feels better just knowing Chad is out there even if he is just idling and taking pics of his dash....
Old 05-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bloody hell! I've a long way to go on the mileage front. And that's in French miles Kilometres.

I'm barely a newbie among the true aficionados here, but good to see it's doable. Kudos Sir.

I've also stockpiled a few bits and bobs for the future. Mostly from locally scrapped JDM SiR Integras and a couple of JDM R's and mostly for small money. An early advisor is an uncle of mine who's a major vintage Alfa petrolhead - though as he sees it they weren't so vintage when he bought them first, but he's in his 80's so... . And he reckoned look for a car that is a "special edition" of a widely sold model. Even better if it had a big motorsport or aftermarket appeal. Basically because it'll mean most parts will stay available for longer and the Teg covers all those bases. Down the years he observed that body panels, but especially model specific interior trim parts are the parts to keep as spares. Keep an eye out for the "special" parts and grab them for later. Ditto for badges and the like and seat material. What's frustrating with the Integra is the lack of third party body panels. At least in my neck of the woods. Though I have a stockpile of a bonnet/hood, both doors, rear hatch, all glass and just sourced a pair of rear quarter panels which tend to attract rust like an 80's Lancia. Still on the hunt for front wings/fenders.

Though I do wonder what with manufacturers like BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Ferrari and a few others who are looking to the vintage buyers and remanufacturing parts(at a premium), will other marques think this could be a handy way to make some side cash and start remaking parts? Honda and other Japanese marques would be a charm for this. The interest in 90's Japanese cars is only going up. As are the values. I look to the US market of hope there. With you guy's 25 year rule and being a nation of petrolheads more and more such JDM cars will start to come into the States, values will go up and owners will want spares.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Honda has started remaking parts for the Beat (although random and pretty limited from what I saw), same with Nissan for the R32 GTR and Mazda with the MX5. And Honda do the "refresh" for the first NSX. So hopefully our ITRs are next!
Old 05-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Klasse
And Honda do the "refresh" for the first NSX. So hopefully our ITRs are next!
What do you mean exactly by Honda doing a refresh?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NSX Refresh Plan - although unsure if they are still doing it
Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Klasse
NSX Refresh Plan - although unsure if they are still doing it
Cool. Is it possible to get that page in English?
Old 05-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itr1244
thats nice .. remember me? you gave me a ride in your itr at cayuga.. a long time ago..
its nice to see you around still... i still got my 2001 itr ..
your itr was always nice..

what are you doing to the motor? keeping the original block?
I believe I remember - but it was a very long time ago Any pics of you and your car?

Glad to see some old timers from Canada still have their cars. I'm actually living in California now - brought my car out here with me.

I took the engine out this past weekend in preparation for the rebuild. I'll most certainly keep the factory block, but not entirely sure what all I will do with the internals. I'll have to wait and see what things look like before I commit to a build plan.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^Prob should go with Toda internals. )
Old 05-02-2018, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dave7
Here's the page via Google translate if that helps. Gives the general gist anyway. Seems fairly comprehensive on the mechanical side anyway and includes interior and exterior trim parts. Maybe they can(or could) proved this service with the NSX because they didn't sell as well as expected and likely had more parts in storage? Certainly with the NSX-R parts seem to be readily available, at a price.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dave7
Late reply, but Chrome will automatically translate. That's how I use the Honda Japan site. It's massive too.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:14 PM

Hey man i use to be in it from back in the day

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/161499753@N04/, on Flickr
Old 05-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm so OG, I almost bought a 1998 when they were brand new. I was 21. That was when most people had no idea what they were. I even had to educate the salesman about it....and he was trying to sell the car to me!!! lol The insurance company didn't either. They were going to insure it as an RS.

I regret not buying it, or buying one all of these years. I have randomly looked for one. Should've bought one before they got hacked up, stolen, gutted for track cars.

Owning a 1992 Prelude Si is what brought me to this site. Used to randomly check in on this forum to see what people are doing with them.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

98-272 still here @ 108K miles, now daily driven. Sat for 6 years while I was away for school, but my dad drove it around randomly to keep the fluids flowing.

Just replaced the stock clutch/flywheel/clutch master+slave about a 1000 miles ago. Other maintenance stuff: spark plugs, cables, distributor cap/rotor. Koni yellows replaced the original shocks + inner/out tie rods as well..

Oil pan is a bit wet, I think I will need to replace the gasket soon, I lose about a quart every 3k miles..

Stock antenna broke, trunk release wont work w/o the key, got a crack in the windshield, SW388's are faded and slightly green... but overall still drives like a CHAMP(ionship Type R)

Last edited by d8168055; 05-10-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Rather OG

still around.....check the forums every 2-3 days....
More OG than Chad, less than Splat, still love Hondas as much as ever. Sad to no longer have an ITR, but the CTR is quite fun. Plus, the four doors are a plus for a father of two. I hope everyone from back in the day is doing well.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Back in Black
More OG than Chad, less than Splat, still love Hondas as much as ever. Sad to no longer have an ITR, but the CTR is quite fun. Plus, the four doors are a plus for a father of two. I hope everyone from back in the day is doing well.
y0! Are you coming out to Type R Expo this weekend in VA? We had quite a few CTR's last year and we anticipate even more this year.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I aint OG and not active enough on the forum. But the ITR been sitting for close to 5 years now, ran it from time to time. I plan to work on it starting next week, need wheel bearing and engine mounts for sure. I did timing belt, water pump and thermostat before i parked it, so hopefully everything mechanical wise will be ok.

Going to put back the HKS Hipermax 2, don't know how bad they going to be, but for now, will do the job for me. Also, Enkei RPF1 with RE71R, 1320 header, skunk2 camber kit, 2x sparcos seats, sparco R383 wheel...and so on. Can't wait to drive the ITR again.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick Reply: OG roll call