Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where are replicas available? I havent been able to find one on ebay...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm I wonder why?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Ausmith)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ausmith &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmm I wonder why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont even have a type-r, i dont need a real m00jen wing
Old 08-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (migs)

And the wing I have on my car is the wing that use to be on Ausmith's R... so it's genuine!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (migs)

Thanks Clayton...
Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Real (from King Motorsports)

Old 08-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Ausmith)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ausmith &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm I wonder why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR#00-1077 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And the wing I have on my car is the wing that use to be on Ausmith's R... so it's genuine!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

The car wants its wing back!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Mugen Mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugen Mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The car wants its wing back!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Paint it 0range!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Dbl Ey!)

I hate to even go this far but I officially was scammed. I wont post names because I do not want a thread like this to get locked. I think this post will be useful for anybody that wants to buy a REAL or REPLICA MUGEN wing for the future.

You know who you are. You dicked with the wrong guy. Its not the amount I am upset about, its the principle. All of our conversations are recorded and I will be taking action really soon.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to even go this far but I officially was scammed. I wont post names because I do not want a thread like this to get locked. I think this post will be useful for anybody that wants to buy a REAL or REPLICA MUGEN wing for the future.

You know who you are. You dicked with the wrong guy. Its not the amount I am upset about, its the principle. All of our conversations are recorded and I will be taking action really soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

YIKES!!!

Get 'em Mike!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear about getting scammed migs. That sucks ***. Go get 'em *insert shotgun sound here*

I honestly could not tell the difference between the real and fake before this thread so hats off to those who posted Believe me the price I paid for my replica was well worth it considering what the real deal goes for.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Rather OG

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to even go this far but I officially was scammed. I wont post names because I do not want a thread like this to get locked. I think this post will be useful for anybody that wants to buy a REAL or REPLICA MUGEN wing for the future.

You know who you are. You dicked with the wrong guy. Its not the amount I am upset about, its the principle. All of our conversations are recorded and I will be taking action really soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's people like that which give sellers a bad name. Sorry to hear about this, and best of luck.

Jason-
who wishes everyone was trustworthy
Old 08-16-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Back in Black)

I was going to buy one of the Replica's from bcautodesign.com but didn't get the wing after they took the order.

Sucks people r scamming......I was going to use the replica as a wing for HC, can't afford a 700.00 wing a pop!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Chris93Si)

Haha, that seat looks like it was made for some phat ***!

-Victor
Old 08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (97 TYPE-R 312)

hmm i will have to check on who i sold the moogen wing to.. but just hope he's assured that it is authentic hell mike even has pics of it online ahaha...plus it still had it moogen parts sealed and it goes back to louie who first owned it.. then again louie owned quiet a few of them
Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 PM
White Trash Wish Cash

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Kicker773)

man, i always thought this wing was cool, but i'd never have it on my car.

after looking at this thread, i kinda like it.

god i hope i dont go out and buy one now
Old 08-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (IntegraLs94Cam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraLs94Cam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that wing looks really bad </TD></TR></TABLE>

Another excellent contribution!

Anyway.....

It was mine before I sold it to N1-R who then sold it to Zyg who then introduced the wing to a tree I think....

The key factor that we have been able to determine is the aluminum plank, as somebody already mentioned, is shaped like an airplane's wing. Also, the two plates that secure it to the wing are smaller than the replicas. Another thing is the little hooks that hold it to the trunk are usually not there on the replicas.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (RagingAngel)

If it did not say mugen on it, would you still buy it and install those funky wings?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (yellowdcn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowdcn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it did not say mugen on it, would you still buy it and install those funky wings?</TD></TR></TABLE>

People are buying it for it's functionality on the track.

I agree that a huge wing (JDM or not) on a car that isn't tracked is rice.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Reid)

So whats the official price on both real and fake?

Migs, sorry about your misfortune.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (walker111)

So I verified it....my wing is fake. However, I compared the "feet" to a local owner with an ITR with the Mugen wing (keeps it uinstalled in his garage until a track day), and the feet were identical.

The only difference was on mine, one of the feet had "98INT2 MT....." serial number on it. It was apart of the casting and not a metal plate, etching, or engraved.

My buddy did state his had something on it before as well, but had the body shop sand the bottom of the feet smooth.

Are there any key differences regarding replica vs. fake feet?

I remember a while back, there were people that were selling the cf foil separately from the feet....I'm hoping that by some chance I have at least authentic "feet" and just a replica air foil.

I'm assuming that whicever company or whoever copied this wing, had access to Mugen supply of "feet" and then fashioned their/his own air foil, or they/he had access to the master mold for the feet. Comparing mine to my buddy's, everything looked on the up and up....down to the placement of the "Mugen" logo on each outside facing feet.

Also, what's the verdict on the cost of what these replica's should have costed? I know I got hustled for the product itself, now I'm just looking to see if I got hustled on price as well.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Luder94)

Looking at Clayton's pics more in-depth leads me to assume that the facility that made my fake wing, may have also made the real wing.

Comparing the cross-section of the foil of the real one and mine, they are nearly identical. The placement of the screw-holds on the vertical support looks to be the same. The style of screw-holds are the same. The thickness of the metal that forms the wings looks to be the same. The feet pads I have are the same.

The only difference that I can see is mount plates and the extra dip in the actual foil (which to me looks as if it was put in after the fact due to the leading edge keeping a similar shape).

[frustrated rant]Ok...enough trying to rationalize to myself...I guess I may as well go out and buy a knock-off front Mugen bumper cover, and some Rota C10s (even though I already have the Mf10s). Hey can anyone tell me where I can by some of the knock-off strut tower bars...I don't see them on Ebay anymore? Also, can someone point out to me where I can get some stickers made....rather than having "Mugen" stickers, I can have "Mu-f*cking-taken" stickers and "Mofo10L" stickers for the car and the C10's.[/frustrated rant]

Back to a serious query: has anyone with the replica taken their cars out to the track with the wing on? Have you felt or noticed a difference on the track? I mean if it's functional as well, I may as well use it, right?

Modified by Luder94 at 5:11 PM 8/17/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have? (Luder94)

The car will simply be used for track purposes. Hell, I dont even insure nor register the car anymore because it sees no street time. My car is stupid to drive on the street because I would get pulled over in a heart beat.

Does both REAL and REPLICA both serve the same purpose. I am inclined to believe that they offer very close benefits to one another. Why would I choose a REPLICA or REAL over another. Its simple.

The answer is preference. You are probably going to respond, (q) How can you justify the price difference. (a) I can. (and thats all that matters! )

Modified by migs at 12:12 PM 8/18/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm with you on the preference aspect brotha. I'd much rather choose to pay more for the real thing than support a market/vendor/manufacturer that encourages innovators to not innovate and go out of business.

My thoughts and comments, on my previous two posts were out of frustration and an exercise in trying to rationalize me being taken. I think I'm more frustrated for the fact that I didn't CHOOSE to buy the replica....it was a mis-informed buy on my part.

I'm ok with knock-off stuff being made and sold....it's just not for me. I'm not ok with it once a company like Mugen/M-Tec stops producing products like they have because their designs gets ripped off and then flood their market.

As a side, my plan for my Integra is to daily drive, track, and show the car. The show aspect of it gets me free stuff like tires and brakes. Daily driving gets me to and from work. The track stuff is where the fun is at (and gets me personal time away from the wife ). It's important for me to have the authentic stuff for personal preference, personal pride, as well as for the "bling" aspect to attract the attention of those aware of quality. It's worked for my S2K....

Ok...sorry for the tangent. Back to the topic on the wing.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here are pix of my GENUINE 無限 gen. 2 wing
these pix were taken before changing A emblem to H on both front and back

i know my pix sux but i'm too lazy to edit it w/ photoshop so i used basic windows pix tool
Old 08-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> (q) How can you justify the price difference. (a) I can. (and thats all that matters! )</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's classic man

Quick Reply: Mugen Generation 2 Wing: REAL or REPLICA? Which one do you have?