Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next?

Well here are some more pics. I will update this thread as I do more stuff to the car. You can follow my cars progress from it was 100% stock till now. So here are all the pics, the latest pics being up top. I am open to suggestions, comments, opinions everything. And yes my optional sideskirts & Rear Valences have WHITE weather stripping. I got a ton of PMs already about it haha, guess it rare? I took the "H" centercaps and put the "A" on. Think it flows a little better.

Anyways what should I do next? .........

Leave it as is?
Lower it on Picperformance setup or koni/gc with skunk2 camber?
Built up an all motor?
Boost on stock internals running 6.5 psi All day?
JDM Front End?
Put a big fat body kit with some 22'' chrome wheels y0!

12-02-06 OEM Optional Sideskirts, Rear Valences & Fog Lights On!

11/18/06 JDM ITR Wheels!

Older Pics When it Was 100% Stock

Modified by Doostur at 9:33 AM 12/3/2006
Old 12-03-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next? (Doostur)

wow beautiful! i say bore out the engine or if exterior wise cf hood or window visors!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next? (jdmintedra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmintedra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow beautiful! i say bore out the engine or if exterior wise cf hood or window visors!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually thought about window vistors.... havn't seen any for sale... Hrmm CF hood.... tempting... we'll see what everyone else says. The car is what it is today because of all the opinions... without them I cant deicde. I'm horrible with decisions.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

its your car...do what you want(typical response)

whats the big deal about modding it as long as it can be taken off?

i say take the vtec inside and shocker stickers off
Old 12-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next? (Casey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its your car...do what you want(typical response)

i say take the vtec inside and shocker stickers off </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its been off.. the latest pics are at the top. Part of me wants to lower it... the other half says leave it alone. I would like to boost it... then again all motor is nice too... i can never decide.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hhhhmmm, I say lower it , and throw some good bolt ons , get it tuned and have fun with it.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO, i would get some nice suspension for it (zeal, mugen, etc) right away. also seems that you're into the whole keep it stock phase, so i would just buy some nice bolt on items as well (toda header, hytech exhaust, mugen intake, etc.) the exterior looks nice already unless you want the jdm front end, but IMO, i think the usdm looks sexier especially since you already got the oem fogs for it. that way, at least you can have a little more fun with the car if you decide to auto-x

Modified by pennies_hatchie at 12:09 PM 12/3/2006
Old 12-03-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Re: More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next? (Casey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its your car...do what you want(typical response)

i say take the vtec inside and shocker stickers off </TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats the big deal about modding it?!?! dude why are you on this site. why do you have like 10000 post. lol modding a car is our hobby man. at least mine. You need to be on team integra or something
Old 12-03-2006, 08:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God, your R looks so nice Doostur. VERY clean.

Honestly, I say go with the Ground Control/Koni Yellow setup (PM Rene M, I believe he has an entire setup for sale for $500 shipped). Make sure you get a camber correction kit along with that, trust me, you'll want it.

Boost is always fun. I'm going that route with my R. For now, I'll be running a nice 6psi, on stock internals with some head work, that'll make the car just that much more fun.

Once again, the R is beautiful man. Keep her safe.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree. My vote would be for a nice set of coilovers (TEIN, APEXi, blah blah blah, pick one), go get it corner weighed and balanced. But lower the ride height an inch (looks sick with the OEM skirts).

The only other thing I'd do would be to look into some seats. Recaro SRD's, or Speed would be my choice. Seats are probably some of the best mods you can do to your car.

Some tasteful engine bolts ons like a mugen intake and that's where I'd stop.

Looks great though! And don't go for boost dude ... the R looses it's magic under forced induction.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmintedra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Whats the big deal about modding it?!?! dude why are you on this site. why do you have like 10000 post. lol modding a car is our hobby man. at least mine. You need to be on team integra or something </TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure if youre being serious or not since its the internet. i was making a point to doostur because hes pretty proud of it being stock, which is why i asked what the big deal about modding it was if it can be reveresed back

as for what id do? pretty much what a few others have said, nice suspension, some nice seats, and a few high end bolt ons and enjoy it
Old 12-03-2006, 09:00 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98 ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> And don't go for boost dude ... the R looses it's magic under forced induction.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mmm... I think it'll be just as fun. It's not like we're talking about lower CR, and forcing 25psi into it. A simply 6psi on stock internals wouldn't kill the magic at all, in my opinion.

BUT, I do see where you're coming from, 98 ITR. Honestly, if I was balla' enough, I'd do an insane all motor build to extract some power. But, boost always calls me back, I miss having a boosted car.

By the way, this is post #686 for me... Same number as my ITR. Haha, I'm a loser.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Anyways what should I do next? .........

Leave it as is?
Lower it on Picperformance setup or koni/gc with skunk2 camber?
Built up an all motor?
Boost on stock internals running 6.5 psi All day?
JDM Front End?
Put a big fat body kit with some 22'' chrome wheels y0!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

HELL YEAH!

Honestly, I would keep it as stock as possible. Maybe done some suspension work and enjoy the car. It looks GREAT!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next? (Bradstard)

track time as is or maybe with some suspension, but either way.......track time! track time! track time!

I think you should get a bit of track time in it so you can really learn and enjoy the car. This would be most beneficial with the car as stock as possible.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:31 AM

That caR is the winner. Leave it alone and enjoy.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:36 AM
White Trash Wish Cash

Default Re: (Opie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That caR is the winner. Leave it alone and enjoy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i was going to say, that looks great the way it is. Get some mugen 5-way's and call it a day.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98 ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98 ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go get it corner weighed and balanced.</TD></TR></TABLE>

unless he is going to hardcore track and/or auto-x i believe thats a waste of money imo as doing that is very costly, especially for someone thats going for the stock look. or oem goodness. but unless you track the car every weekend and do it, i don't think a daily driven R or occasional R would require such an intense tweaking.
and plus it looks like he has a daily Si in his stable.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sooo lower it on Mugen 5 Ways? Where is a good place to buy them? I was thinking pic performance... keep hearing good things about them.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nautica_t)

The caR is simply beautiful man. I think I'd have to say get the JDM R seats and a good suspension and call it a day for a lil while.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: (Doostur)

I would never boost an ITR, but that is just me. I don't think it's in keeping with the character of the car, but for some people the all-out performance is more important.

I prefer to keep things more or less as they were made, and it would be a shame to see your ITR modded to the point of no return. It's a very nice example.

As far as suspension goes, I have never found the stock suspension lacking in anything...if anyone thinks they are 'too fast' for the stock suspension they should turn pro.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Opie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That caR is the winner. Leave it alone and enjoy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Erik95LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">track time as is or maybe with some suspension, but either way.......track time! track time! track time!

I think you should get a bit of track time in it so you can really learn and enjoy the car. This would be most beneficial with the car as stock as possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The last "mod" I would do for now would be a set of Sylvania Silverstar ULTRAs. Brighter, whiter light than OEM. I've done that and feel safer driving at night. I got em for only $27 shipped off ebay.

Besides that, I'd just get as much driving time with heR as possible, really get intimately familiar with how she runs. Then look into suspension if you so desire. PIC is well regarded. User "Dave B" has a PIC sussy on his track R. Talk to him.

I would NEVER boost a B18C5. That motor in your ITR was the best power per liter NA motor available in the US at the time it left the dealership. To boost it would just make it another turbo/supercharged 4 banger. Heck, I think you can boost a B18B1 (LS Integra motor) to higher PSI levels on stock internals with a good tune. Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think slapping a turbo on it would kill alot of that unique and damn sexy engine music for which the ITR motor is famous.

I wouldn't tear into your motor unless its in need of a rebuild, usually north of 100k miles. Then I would do an all motor build while trying to keep it as close to the original 1.8L as possible.

Prolly get flamed by some, but I don't care. JDM front conversion FTL!! It's just OEM rice IMHO. Purely for looks and zero for performance. They do look like mid-90s Accords. I'd only have a JDM front if/when I get a DB8-R because then it's REAL, not a fake. Or maybe I'd do a USDM front conversion.....hmmm
Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doespike)

I agree with Doespike except make the lights an HID retrofit. Like maybe from http://www.customlightz.com
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Those Silver stars get soo hot they melt the plastic holder....
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Track the **** outa that thing.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those Silver stars get soo hot they melt the plastic holder.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
IIRC they have have the same wattage as the OEM ones. (Sylvania's website isn't working for me at the moment). I've been keeping an eye on mine and I've had NO problems whatsoever. In the few months I've had them, I've been doing more nighttime than daytime driving too. I love them.

Quick Reply: More Pics of My CW ITR - Whats Next?